Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1126 1127 [1128] 1129 1130 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119219 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #16905 on: May 22, 2014, 02:18:57 pm »

LOOC: MrWillsauce: get him with the rubber duck
LOOC: Magnetite: That's way way too violent.

Last night was hilarious, too bad I had to go sleep. What did the findings show?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16906 on: May 22, 2014, 08:10:00 pm »

Joining BYOND and BayStation 13 right now.

Hopefully the lowly assistant Lyle Hauser won't get murdered/unfortunately killed/exploded/imploded/poisoned/fatally mutated/incinerated/chestburstered/crushed in a doorway on his first day.

EDIT: SS13 is HARD.

I couldn't even work a damn headset (probably due to my own stupidity, but still.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:50:25 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16907 on: May 22, 2014, 08:51:56 pm »

Lots of people ignore assistants. Just pick a job in a department and tell your supervisor you're new on the job. If you don't have a boss then futz about and don't get yourself killed. Or just drink all day at the bar.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16908 on: May 22, 2014, 08:57:40 pm »

You could probably jump straight to cargo tech, is a very good introduction to hacking and building.

Gale212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16909 on: May 22, 2014, 09:31:08 pm »

« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 12:41:46 am by Gale212 »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16910 on: May 22, 2014, 09:35:50 pm »

Yes. Air canisters and portable pumps work. There's a couple pumps outside atmospherics and should be filled up to 4,500 kPa, if the atmos techs/CE are considerate. If you have access, you can also extend the station's atmospheric network into your room and build an air alarm to activate and modify the vents you install. This will fill the room for you to the desired pressure (usually 101 kPa) and keep it at that level to the best of its ability.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16911 on: May 22, 2014, 10:50:16 pm »

if you're new to ss13, this is what i propose to you:

first, go to baystation as cargo tech/assistant (preferably former, but if there's no qm go with latter) and have someone show you the very basics, afterwards meander through low-level jobs with the wiki open for 7-10 more shifts so you get comfortable

afterwards, crash course at gibbed, take whatever job you're comfortable with and try to not get killed until you reliably make it to round end (barring shit beyond your control - plasma fires, admin shenanigans, lolrevswarm) - this should take you a week of dedicated play

then to /tg/ to cool down so you aren't a 120% murderbeast but still know your shit (recommended you learn your security here), back to bay to start kicking through command jobs, end your training by playing ai a couple times and you're ready to play spacemen everywhere with a little adjustation to server-specific shit

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16912 on: May 23, 2014, 12:16:55 am »

Or you can just come here and learn on the fly, and not have to switch codebases every time.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16913 on: May 23, 2014, 01:30:06 am »

I remember learning spessmans when it was just two servers with the good ol' thermo electric engine on doughnut station. Lag was a fact of life and rounds rarely lasted over half an hour before the station was a burnt husk from the plasma fires and hull breaches. The halls covered with bodies of thermal wearing sec guards and bystandards who had their faces bashed in with the butt of the revolver and when cloning didn't exist but reviving someone involved turning a person into a monkey and back again.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16914 on: May 23, 2014, 02:48:05 am »

i miss the plasma drive so fucking bad

these were the days when spacemen were hardcore, now not even bayatmos on extreme settings compared

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16915 on: May 23, 2014, 11:20:49 am »

The TEG still exists. Andrea, me, and some other guys once built an entire TEG from scratch on Andrea's backup server.

The TEG will always be my favorite engine.

Also, why are people looking back to lag as if it's a good thing. Years of carefully removing/refactoring shitcode has brought a new era where 2d spesshmans doesn't feel like you're playing it over a sattelite connection.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16916 on: May 23, 2014, 12:45:40 pm »

The game keeps not being able to set secret up.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16917 on: May 23, 2014, 03:43:18 pm »

The game keeps not being able to set secret up.

It's good now. We could also use some more people, we have 10 right now.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16918 on: May 23, 2014, 04:41:26 pm »

The TEG still exists. Andrea, me, and some other guys once built an entire TEG from scratch on Andrea's backup server.

ah, the good old times of !!SCIENCE!! (yes, there was fire involved. A lot of fire.).
people need to build them more often.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #16919 on: May 23, 2014, 06:56:03 pm »

ah, the good old times of !!SCIENCE!! (yes, there was fire involved. A lot of fire.).
people need to build them more often.

I believe that was the three of us. I remember dying, a lot.

But yeah, TEG's still work, but they can't handle the powerload of modern stations IIRC.
Pages: 1 ... 1126 1127 [1128] 1129 1130 ... 1654