Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118472 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #16110 on: April 20, 2014, 11:57:40 am »

Wait what? I never got a super deadly combat mech to grief have fun with. You need to be traitor roboticist more.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16111 on: April 20, 2014, 11:58:59 am »

I'm calling all you scientists out. If you don't collaborate with SEC, unless you have a very good reason like it being full of shitheads this round, you are actually a bad scientist. The science equivalent of shitcurity. Go play Xenobiology or telescience or something that's totally meaningless you nerds.

Edit: I'd probably even fire the lot of you if I was the captain or RD and if that wouldn't get the admins mad at me.

Since when is Science supposed to be Security's bitch?

I'm not saying science needs to be securities bitch. I'm saying when that a science full of assholes who only care about themselves and think everyone else should fuck right off (Which is what most people seem to think as soon as they get in a mech) is not only more harmful, but actually also more prevalent, then a security team that thinks the same.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16112 on: April 20, 2014, 12:08:48 pm »

If you don't collaborate with SEC, unless you have a very good reason like it being full of shitheads this round
Security is full of shitheads every round.

Maybe you are playing on a different server then I am. Because this is certainly not the case on Urist McStation. That's not to say it doesn't sometimes have shitheads, but in my experience more often then not it does not or the HoS gets a hold on them. And help science out? Does science need help? Maybe it's changed, I'm used to a science that doesn't need the help of any department but mining. Or maybe SEC doesn't trust you. I could see that, although I've personally not had issues working with them on this station as a engineer.

As R&D/robotics I don't want to spend a bunch of my round making stuff for security that they'll never use. If security want something from research they should ask for it.
I can understand why they don't though - security's starting gear is very strong and they really have no need for laser cannons or battlemechs under normal conditions. By the time an alien attack or whatever is serious enough that they want to arm up heavily, they are usually too busy to respond to R&D.

Yeah. I guess I could see this being a issue. Certainly there is not a reason for SEC to have anything more then tasers most of the time. Although I doubt a HoS will actually turn down a battlemech offered to him. And I still think any scientist running around the station waving his gun/deadlymech around is shitty.

I don't play security, but I believe that almost all dealings of false arrests leading to 'shitcurity' on the radio can be avoided if you simply as someone to follow you to the brig. It is when you stun someone in the middle of a horde of bystanders and drag them away do you look pretty bad. But security is always understaffed, I agree with that. Officers should ideally travel in pairs for increased safety and peaceful confrontations.

Agreed. It would be nice if you could peacefully take someone in, too bad that's not possible in SS13. A shame.

Seeing as you exploited the targetting system when I tried to hold you at gunpoint, you really shouldn't complain.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16113 on: April 20, 2014, 12:10:03 pm »

I'm calling all you scientists out. If you don't collaborate with SEC, unless you have a very good reason like it being full of shitheads this round, you are actually a bad scientist. The science equivalent of shitcurity. Go play Xenobiology or telescience or something that's totally meaningless you nerds.

Edit: I'd probably even fire the lot of you if I was the captain or RD and if that wouldn't get the admins mad at me.

Since when is Science supposed to be Security's bitch?

I'm not saying science needs to be securities bitch. I'm saying when that a science full of assholes who only care about themselves and think everyone else should fuck right off (Which is what most people seem to think as soon as they get in a mech) is not only more harmful, but actually also more prevalent, then a security team that thinks the same.

I'd beg to differ.

Security can easily screw up rounds due to having all the lethal guns, lethal injection syringes, the things to make electric chairs, among many other things.

Later in the round? Probably not so much, however the gist of it is that security can easily screw rounds over.

Reason Traitor Security is fun :P

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16114 on: April 20, 2014, 12:15:16 pm »

You can exploit the targetting system? Aren't you supposed to be able to turn your own gun back on them to shoot back? I mean, it is pretty limited I agree since there are no real directions in SS13, but I don't see how you can exploit it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16115 on: April 20, 2014, 12:19:01 pm »

In case it wasn't clear, scrdest wasn't a SEC officer (I think he wasn't a officer, since I also did that to a officer once, but the officer didn't spend five minutes bitching at me in LOOC over it, I assume scrdest is the guy who did). Which is why you should stun and handcuff and ask questions later. A shame you can't take people in without doing that, but I don't blame ether side of the equation for it.

Security can easily screw up rounds due to having all the lethal guns, lethal injection syringes, the things to make electric chairs, among many other things.

That's true of course, but I find SEC is also watched much more closely for that very reason. And if it's just one guy it's relatively easy for the HoS or the captain or even other officers to put a end to it. It's much harder to stop a asshole in a Durand. Oh. And to make it clear of course, if you are a traitor scientist all bets are off for me and I find it fully appropriate for you to build a durand and kill absolutely everyone with it.

Edit: As for exploiting, what I think he is talking about is what I mentioned before. The auto fire system is so slow that you can just run up to them and disarm them and steal their gun before it goes off.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:21:27 pm by Criptfeind »

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16116 on: April 20, 2014, 12:23:38 pm »

Maybe it would give more use for ion rifles. They are honestly very rarely used for their actual purpose, instead people take it for fun as a cool looking gun that can shoot people without hurting them.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16117 on: April 20, 2014, 12:23:51 pm »

The natural predator of the combat mech is the ion rifle. There's on in the armory. If a hostile mech shows up, IMMEDIATELY bitch out the warden/HoS, demanding the ion rifle. If they're not stupid they'll give it to you. Even if you miss multiple shots, you will most likely damage the mech to the point where it almost can't fight.

On hostage mode: Trying to disarm someone with a gun in their active hand will make it fire in a random direction, sometimes into the person trying to take the gun. Doing that is a really, really bad idea, which you will understand when you take a .357 round to the gut.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16118 on: April 20, 2014, 12:26:44 pm »

I have no idea what the difference between a push and a disarm is. Other then a push is much more powerful. Does a push still make the shot go off?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16119 on: April 20, 2014, 12:28:26 pm »

I have no idea what the difference between a push and a disarm is. Other then a push is much more powerful. Does a push still make the shot go off?
You sometimes push someone down when attacking with the disarm intent. It's just dumb luck. I've yet to see it happen, but pushes are rare enough that you won't have to worry about them too much.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16120 on: April 20, 2014, 12:28:57 pm »

Really? I seem to push people down more often then I disarm them. I guess I am just supernaturally lucky scrdest. Poor luck for you.

Although this information certainly makes the aim system less hilariously bad in my eyes.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:31:09 pm by Criptfeind »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16121 on: April 20, 2014, 12:29:52 pm »

Most fights in melee in my experience go to whoever stun batons and/or pushes first ::)

Besides that, Disarm is a rather meh intent.

I prefer harm if only to give the other guy a fair chance :P

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16122 on: April 20, 2014, 01:39:49 pm »

Most fights in melee in my experience go to whoever stun batons and/or pushes first ::)

That... actually sounds relatively like how a brawl would go in real life between two inexperienced people.
Also often called Boowells.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16123 on: April 20, 2014, 01:55:24 pm »

Server still, in fact, down. ;_;
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16124 on: April 20, 2014, 01:56:05 pm »

Besides that, Disarm is a rather meh intent.
Disarm is the best intent. It's important to drill this into anyone new to security.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 ... 1654