Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118659 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15975 on: April 17, 2014, 03:00:54 pm »

Server down?
RABID
I WAS ASLEEP WHEN IT HAPPENED
I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL MY LAWYER GETS HERE
I WAS AT AN AIRPORT PARKING ILLEGALLY
I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL I FIND MY KNIFE
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15976 on: April 17, 2014, 03:12:09 pm »

SOMEONE SOMEWHERE FUCKED UP REEEEEEEAL BAD

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15977 on: April 17, 2014, 03:25:30 pm »

AND WHOEVER DID IT IS GOING TO HAVE INTERNAL AFFAIRS ALL OVER THEIR ASS ANGRY REPORTS TO CENT.COMM. WILL THEN ENSUE

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15978 on: April 17, 2014, 03:38:23 pm »

You found bugs in your cheeseburgers? That complaint should go to the chef, imo.
No, the bug is with the burgers.

Isn't specifically avoiding killing people and specifically looking for ways to let people back into the round as a traitor, both things you seem to go on about a awful lot, metagaming?
Not really. Besides, I bileve trators cant "officially" metagame when it comes to there job as trators.
Now, if it was joe the assistant going and knowing that a ling was (something that even the RD doesnt know much about) THAT is metagaming, and what is seen on /TG/
Knowing about antags isn't metagaming, it's playstyle, and Basil has a different playstyle.
Depends on the job. For instance, the syndicate is pretty unknows to everyone (except heads, security). Ninjas and wizards are a head-only piece of knowledge. Lings are RD/ Cap only knowledge, and then they know just about them existing, and thats all. The cult is a chaplain ONLY piece of knowledge.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15979 on: April 17, 2014, 04:59:09 pm »

This is a subject I must always weigh in on.
Here is how I deal with cannibalism and such in game:

Genetics needs that biomass for cloning, and thus is top priority for all gibbed individuals.
If genetics is, however, overflowing with biomass, then the clone or cyborg that the corpse belongs to is asked if they are fine with their body being made into food.
In the case of a suicide, consent is ungivable, and the body should be gibbed, unless a friend of the victim, CMO, HoP, or captain object, chain of command taken into account.

People who specifically request not to consume sentient beings must have their request followed through.

Corpses to be gibbed should be stripped of any potentially useful objects to any district, such as: all limbs (for spare robotic limbs(also can organic limbs be reattached?)), their brain (brain cakes), their appendix (appendix burgers), and their blood (restocking medical).

Any subjects I missed?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15980 on: April 17, 2014, 05:21:34 pm »

Cremation, uncombatability with biomass (there are four species of crew that eat food, there is probably a compound in one that atleast one other cant consume).

Also, toxins in the body.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15981 on: April 17, 2014, 05:45:31 pm »

Cremation, uncombatability with biomass (there are four species of crew that eat food, there is probably a compound in one that atleast one other cant consume).

Also, toxins in the body.
Cremation is dealt with via consent, just as gibbing is.
If I recall correctly, there is no incompatibility of any sentient being's consumed flesh with any variety of alien.

Toxins are an issue, though.
I do not know the specifics. If they transfer over to gibbed meat, then toxins meat goes to genetics.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15982 on: April 17, 2014, 05:47:19 pm »

((I was looking at it from a "if this was real" perspective))
Highly Opinionated Fool

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #15983 on: April 17, 2014, 05:58:51 pm »

server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15984 on: April 17, 2014, 08:47:44 pm »

Okay the server is a wee bit broke. Restart it?
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15985 on: April 17, 2014, 08:57:20 pm »

STOP BREAKING IT RABID.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Grey_Wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15986 on: April 17, 2014, 09:38:15 pm »

8) Chilling on the long weekend while waiting for the Server to get back online. I've got to say I'm not sure I enjoyed the last two rounds, what with basically no radio communications or..any general sense of "We're here to protect and serve the rest of the Crew" in Security. I think I'll take a break from the men in the red suits and try out Engineering, I've never really sunk my teeth into it that much, and I figure since I love Mining I'll like Engi.

>HowdoiSingo
Those sea serpents you sold me, they won't mate. They just swim around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer sea serpents. I want my money back.

Urist McFreud, Chief Psychotherapist Dwarf, has much to say regarding this statement.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15987 on: April 17, 2014, 09:39:51 pm »

No singo to do in bay.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Grey_Wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15988 on: April 17, 2014, 10:43:43 pm »

On that note, I'm still unsure what the difference between Baystation 12 and Urist is, well, more specifically, did BS12 used to be part of "Us", and then split off and developed on their own? Or are We the actual Bay12 Community Server? Sorry to be a confused new guy, it's just that it's been on my mind for the past week or so that I've been back playing SS13.

In addition, the wiki. Should I just use /tg/'s?
Those sea serpents you sold me, they won't mate. They just swim around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer sea serpents. I want my money back.

Urist McFreud, Chief Psychotherapist Dwarf, has much to say regarding this statement.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15989 on: April 17, 2014, 10:50:14 pm »

Baystation 12 used to be sorta 'the' server for bay12, but they have what is considered by many to be pretty extreme views on roleplaying and such, which lead to a lot of friction and a few of their threads being locked. To the point where BS12 could no longer have a thread on bay12. I believe that then (although I am sure that some people who are active on bay12 are still active on baystation) in the absence of a community for SS13 on bay12 Urist McStation grew in that place. I believe that is the history.

Urist used to run on TG code, but was recently switched (at least mostly?) to baycode. So for most thing you will want the baystation wiki. Although I've heard people complain that it's poorly maintained. So you might need to ask about stuff in OOC
Pages: 1 ... 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 ... 1654