Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118790 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15810 on: April 11, 2014, 03:52:50 pm »

I've seen it happen before.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15811 on: April 11, 2014, 03:55:41 pm »

I'm been playing on the server for over a year and only saw it work out twice. And one of them still ended up with someone attacking the courtroom.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15812 on: April 11, 2014, 03:57:50 pm »

I think that was me. I was the defense attorney and my client earned a life sentence with loyalty implants, so I burned the whole courtroom down.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15813 on: April 11, 2014, 04:05:07 pm »

I remember a low-pop one where the CMO was a traitor and went after cargo.

We had one juror because noone else was not involved.

Frankly, now I play security with trials in mind, including yesterday.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15814 on: April 11, 2014, 04:18:44 pm »

I've seen a full trial before in a round. Actually that's a lie. I was too busy keeping the air inside the station as everyone else RP'd a trial. YOU'RE WELCOME

I'm kidding. I was having fun that round being brought back to life.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:29:44 pm by BigD145 »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15815 on: April 11, 2014, 06:36:22 pm »

If you mean space law, it's irrelevant. We have never 'used' either space law. it's a guideline, has been a guideline and always will be a guideline. Use your head when playing security, not a book that is completely OOC.
Then admins shouldent yell at someone using one and not the other.

Yeah we'll yell at you for brigging someone for an hour because they punched someone but for the most part we won't care.

If we are not going to use BayLaw, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THE SPACELAW BOOK LINK.

If you mean space law, it's irrelevant. We have never 'used' either space law. it's a guideline, has been a guideline and always will be a guideline. Use your head when playing security, not a book that is completely OOC.
I think having a consistent set of laws and punishments would give lawyers and prisoners something to lean on in the face of shitcurity. Also it would keep security officers from being judge, jury, and executioner (which I realize is there to efficiently get criminals into and out of their cells, but it could do the same thing without putting all of the power in someone who is quite possibly a dick).

Feel free to. It's an IC issue. Space law is a guide and (most likely will) always will be. Doesn't mean you can't enforce it, it's status as a guide just gives officers leeway for crimes NOT in the book, like animal abuse and AI abuse. Someone gets brigged for an extra three minutes? Yell at an IAA agent. Brigged for ten minutes over? Okay we'll watch that officer. Twenty minutes over? Kay now that's just being a dick and we'll yell at him if he doesn't have a good reason.

And yes, security officers are for the most part judge jury and executioner. The only time you need anything more than seeing the crime is when the punishment is execution or permabrig. Any other time, you can tase, cuff and brig for however long the crime is.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15816 on: April 12, 2014, 12:31:55 am »

Right, that was an odd round. I am NOT-HERE, the AI and early on I get messages that the HOP was spacing a man. Later, after seeing the HoP kill a prisoner I (with my base laws) decide to to protect the station the HoP must die. Thanks to pan this is complicated (fecking nympths). After about an hour of bullshit the HoP is attemptng to wipe me, kill my helper, Mis. Tailor, for trying to keep me alive, and general shit.

End results? One traitor, with steal magboots as a mission.
Spoiler: insult (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15817 on: April 12, 2014, 12:51:48 am »

Right, that was an odd round. I am NOT-HERE, the AI and early on I get messages that the HOP was spacing a man. Later, after seeing the HoP kill a prisoner I (with my base laws) decide to to protect the station the HoP must die. Thanks to pan this is complicated (fecking nympths). After about an hour of bullshit the HoP is attemptng to wipe me, kill my helper, Mis. Tailor, for trying to keep me alive, and general shit.

Guy who plays Brandon here.

We figured out that the mime was a griefer, he sent the PDA message to you from nokolai's PDA. I was also never going to wipe you, or kill Tailor. You did go overboard with trying to murder me for god knows what reason (even the admins thought you were rogue) all in all, a really shitty round filled with griff and a bunch of misunderstandings. You left after that game I guess, but everyone apologized. So on behalf of the rest of the people involved in that. Sorry!

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15818 on: April 12, 2014, 12:55:34 am »

Guy who plays Brandon here.

We figured out that the mime was a griefer, he sent the PDA message to you from nokolai's PDA. I was also never going to wipe you, or kill Tailor. You did go overboard with trying to murder me for god knows what reason (even the admins thought you were rogue) all in all, a really shitty round filled with griff and a bunch of misunderstandings. You left after that game I guess, but everyone apologized. So on behalf of the rest of the people involved in that. Sorry!
Agreed, neither Dack_Janiels (Who was Brandon) or me (Who was the RD) were planning on wiping you or killing Tailor.  Everyone involved apologized, but you left, so I am apologizing here as well, sorry.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15819 on: April 12, 2014, 01:14:20 am »

I'm good at staying alive longer than nature says I should.
Plasma flood, beartraps, blob, and fire? Limp away and call the shuttle.
Spaced? Hit the mining asteroid, acclimate to the lack of pressure, find the ruins with the dead people and aliens, wander about, suffocate when my oxygen goes out (takes forever), and get found.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15820 on: April 12, 2014, 01:56:16 am »

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15821 on: April 12, 2014, 02:00:44 am »

Mommy I'm scared!
Crack-a-lack-a

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15822 on: April 12, 2014, 02:02:58 am »

no nien no

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15823 on: April 12, 2014, 02:07:27 am »

brb deadminning then permabanning nien
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15824 on: April 12, 2014, 03:14:26 am »

There should be a special role dedicated to sentencing shitcurity to brig/executing them for war crime that can be whitelisted by the admin.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 ... 1654