Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118411 times)

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15795 on: April 10, 2014, 07:23:28 pm »

Restarting world! Initiated by Jacob_Lee!
OOC: Diabeetus404: RESTART
Restarting world! Initiated by Glloyd!
OOC: Mapleguy555: We're still here....
OOC: Glloyd: oh god

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15796 on: April 10, 2014, 10:45:33 pm »

(Notice how it is still working and only stopped working when people tried, and failed, to fix it.)

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15797 on: April 11, 2014, 12:24:37 am »

So it turns out that cheese wheels can store an indefinite number of small and tiny objects within themselves. Cheese wheels are classed as tiny objects. This is a good day.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15798 on: April 11, 2014, 03:12:25 am »

So it turns out that cheese wheels can store an indefinite number of small and tiny objects within themselves. Cheese wheels are classed as tiny objects. This is a good day.

It will be fixed soon, but CHEESECEPTION!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15799 on: April 11, 2014, 05:06:02 am »

If we are not going to use BayLaw, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THE SPACELAW BOOK LINK.

If you mean space law, it's irrelevant. We have never 'used' either space law. it's a guideline, has been a guideline and always will be a guideline. Use your head when playing security, not a book that is completely OOC.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

TGameCo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15800 on: April 11, 2014, 07:09:16 am »

I didn't have time last night to talk about this, but i loved yesterdays CAKE round on the Test server.
AI law 6.CAKECAKECAKECAKE

'Hang on, I need to set off this EMP... FUCK! MY PACEMAKER!'

Quote from: miauw62
i think humphrey would be a good last name for somebody called Penis.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15801 on: April 11, 2014, 10:29:39 am »

The big question.

Can you put human or positronic brains into a cheesewheel without killing them?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15802 on: April 11, 2014, 02:06:47 pm »

If you mean space law, it's irrelevant. We have never 'used' either space law. it's a guideline, has been a guideline and always will be a guideline. Use your head when playing security, not a book that is completely OOC.
Then admins shouldent yell at someone using one and not the other.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15803 on: April 11, 2014, 02:35:49 pm »

Then admins shouldent yell at someone using one and not the other.

I disagree. Baylaw basically allows you to brig someone for as much as talking on the comms or saying things about Sec, if Sec decides so.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15804 on: April 11, 2014, 02:51:14 pm »

If we are not going to use BayLaw, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THE SPACELAW BOOK LINK.

I think having a consistent set of laws and punishments would give lawyers and prisoners something to lean on in the face of shitcurity. Also it would keep security officers from being judge, jury, and executioner (which I realize is there to efficiently get criminals into and out of their cells, but it could do the same thing without putting all of the power in someone who is quite possibly a dick).

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15805 on: April 11, 2014, 03:25:07 pm »

The problem with making a full set of laws and punishments is that it is making a full set of laws and punishments. There's a reason why lawbooks are really, really complex and dull: because what happens in the field isn't always foreseen by what's in the book. Either we make a huge list of every possible crime, allow the players to define the law in the early rounds and add the law modifiers they come up with inside the space law, or use space law as a guideline. The last one is what is used. Anyway, shitcurity will always be shitcurity even if you give them a book of hard and fast rules. I mean, even real-life cops do crazy shit. 2D spessmen security are guaranteed to be worse simply because they play the game in their off-time and don't get any reward to being a good cop other then a sense of personal satisfaction. It's just easier being a bad cop because you don't need to decide all that shit on the fly.

Hence why I am trying to brush up on my security. It's one of the hardest jobs in the game simply because you need to make a lot of split-second decisions based on observation and wits.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15806 on: April 11, 2014, 03:25:50 pm »

@MrWillsauce
   I don't play this much but I do have a view point on this kind of law stuff. Basically what your trying to do is a mirror D&D's rule progression. Originally basically everything was up to the DM and as time went on TSR and then WotC defined the rules more and more to restrict bad DM's from screwing their players. The problem with this kind of thing is that it doesn't do that. If the person who enforces the rules is bad at it, either on purpose or just by not being good at it, they will still be bad. The biggest difference is that there is more arguing over the rules. Basically it would create the same arguments we currently have with the AI rules. If you want less bad security officers just start weeding out those who do a bad job consistently more often. Also I don't know if this is done but with a job like that you could just start people off with it job banned and let them ask for it once they have shown not to be a bag of dicks waiting to spill, though this is really a bit farther than people probably want to go.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15807 on: April 11, 2014, 03:42:36 pm »

I'm not suggesting that there be a long list of punishments for every possible infraction; I think a short list that is followed rigidly, but which doesn't cover every possible scenario would still allow for people like lawyers to win more lenient sentencing for their clients. As is, if you have a list of laws, but reserve the right disregard them all by saying "they're just guidelines" there is no real chance of this happening.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15808 on: April 11, 2014, 03:48:40 pm »

Lawyer: I submit that my client is new to our laws and should be let off with a more lenient sentence as he has learned his lesson

Bad Security: Well he committed such and such a crime and the sentence is this

L: Yes but he is new to the station and wasn't told about the law and while he did break it he stopped when requested and willingly let security take him to jail

BS: But he committed the crime! He gets such and such a sentence. Case closed, now in to the jail with you miscreant
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15809 on: April 11, 2014, 03:52:15 pm »

Like you're ever going to get an actual jury going on this server.
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1654