Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119178 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15660 on: April 05, 2014, 09:55:14 pm »

Black spacesuits?
Please?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15661 on: April 05, 2014, 09:55:49 pm »

I wish I knew Fallout lore well enough...

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15662 on: April 06, 2014, 12:23:17 am »

I don't play because no one ever follows the lore.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #15663 on: April 06, 2014, 12:40:57 am »

It's not about the lore.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15664 on: April 06, 2014, 01:15:22 am »

It's not about the lore.
You're doing it wrong. Maybe. I dunno.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15665 on: April 06, 2014, 01:50:50 am »

muh fabulous research :c

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #15666 on: April 06, 2014, 01:52:05 am »

So after a trilogy of Fallout rounds that stretch back to the summer, it has drawn to a close. I may start another one up in a few months, but I think I'll leave it for now. Here is all the beginning and end text for the three rounds:

War, war never changes.

The people who fight them, the reasons for which they are fought and the weapons they are fought with may change, but war itself never changes.
45 years ago, the bombs hit Nanotrasen stations all across the Tau Ceti sector. Within instants, hundreds of thousands died, and the supply lines crippled. One by one, outposts went silent across the galaxy...

Yet humanity lived on. Some survived by hiding in giant metallic Space Vaults scattered across the galaxy, built by Nanotrasen in the case of all out war. Some managed to survive by luck, and have somehow eked out a living among the barren wastes of the space hulks.
The year is 2572. On this day, the reactor fueling your vault malfunctioned. There was no hope, the Vault had to be abandoned as toxic fumes and fires coursed down the hallways of your home. Now, you must take everything you can carry, and take the last shuttle out to the wastes. There you must survive among the wreckage, if you can...

And with that, the once great Nanotrasen Enclave fell. After terrorizing the station, their leader, Jason Garden was defeated by Alina Koch along with Axl Blyant. But in doing so, the wasteland had been utterly destroyed. It wasn't long before the survivors had fled to other stations in the void of space. However, many died along their way, leaving their bones as a sign of their futile struggle. Those who did survive would learn again the one true lesson of the wasteland in the claws of the ghouls, the guns of the raiders, and the spears of a new unnamed threat: war, war never changes.

War, war never changes.

The people who fight them, the reasons for which they are fought and the weapons they are fought with may change, but war itself never changes.
50 years ago, the bombs hit Nanotrasen stations all across the Tau Ceti sector. Within instants, hundreds of thousands died, and the supply lines crippled. One by one, outposts went silent across the galaxy...

Yet humanity lived on. Some survived by hiding in giant metallic Space Vaults scattered across the galaxy, built by Nanotrasen in the case of all out war. Some managed to survive by luck, and have somehow eked out a living among the barren wastes of the space hulks.
The year is 2577. On this day, the reactor fueling your vault malfunctioned. There was no hope, the Vault had to be abandoned as toxic fumes and fires coursed down the hallways of your home. Now, you must take everything you can carry, and take the last shuttle out to the wastes. There you must survive among the wreckage, if you can...

As the last of Caesar's men fell before Alejandra and Alexa, the founders of the New Nanotrasen Republic,  the great Caesar trembled, hiding in the bathroom. After a last ditch fight, Caesar was captured, and would be forced to stand trial. However, Caesar had one last trick up his sleeve...
Joe the Trader had lined the Prison with high grade explosives, in the case of emergency or hostile takeover. It did not help him, but it did aid Caesar. With his dying breaths, he cursed the NNR and those who had brought him down. As the bombs ticked down, Caesar shuddered one last time, passing on right as fire began to envelope his fortress...

Yet despite the destruction of Joe's stash, it was not the end for the NNR. They would continue to grow. Of course conflict arose, but none such as deadly as Caesars Legion. However, tales of another deadly force, this time of mutants, grew in the east. Everyone would be scared of war with these beasts, scared of more battles...

But in the end, war never changes...

War, war never changes.

53 years ago, the bombs hit Nanotrasen stations all across the Tau Ceti sector. Within instants, hundreds of thousands died, and the supply lines crippled. One by one, outposts went silent across the galaxy...

The year is 2580. On this day, the reactor fueling your vault malfunctioned. There was no hope, the Vault had to be abandoned as toxic fumes and fires coursed down the hallways of your home. Now, you must take everything you can carry, and take the last shuttle out to the wastes. There you must survive among the wreckage, if you can...

3 years after the fall of Caesar's army, the NNR had established itself in the wasteland. Times were still tough, but they were a relative bastion of peace. However, throughout the wasteland, tales grew of a new, more powerful army. At the same time, the wasteland is still rampant with traders, bandits and vagabonds. However, new hope arises all the time, and new settlements are being founded.

Will we see a future of peace in the wasteland? Noone knows for sure, as the only truth in the wasteland is that war, war never changes...

As The Master let out a waning guttural screech, green blood bubbling from its maw, its armies of mutants turned and ran. Surrounded on all sides by the united denizens of the wasteland, it had been defeated. The NNR had suffered a massive defeat at the hands of the Master's Army, however, it seemed that the wasteland was growing past the NNR. It seemed that the wasteland was slowly becoming whole again.

Only time would tell whether this unity would last. With all eyes on the future, only one thing could be certain to the survivors. That is, war, war never changes.

And with that, the long running trilogy of Fallout rounds comes to an end. Thank you all for playing, especially those who played all 3. I will host another series of three in a few months from now, but I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15667 on: April 06, 2014, 02:40:18 am »

Oh goddammit, I never see these kind of rounds.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15668 on: April 06, 2014, 03:28:32 am »

Alexa and Vox. Silenced pistol and crossbow.

git gud master

git

fucken

gud
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15669 on: April 06, 2014, 04:59:58 am »

Thank you all for playing, especially those who played all 3.

It would be nice if there was some way of knowing when these special rounds will be happening, so it's not always the people that happen to be on that get a chance at a special round (people in the wrong timezone get shafted especially). Or so people like srcdest (who seems pretty active and playing a lot of the time) get a chance to at least play one of them.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15670 on: April 06, 2014, 05:13:11 am »

srcdest is a source destination parameter, I'm scrdest ;)

That aside, it's just the damn timezones and sleep schedules. Since most people here are based in North America, it's only natural that events happen when people who host them are, well, awake.

I've actually found out a method for being able to both stay up long enough and get enough sleep lately, but because of stuff I had on Friday, I couldn't manage to pull it off yesterday.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15671 on: April 06, 2014, 05:24:31 am »

I redid my old fox sprites.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15672 on: April 06, 2014, 06:20:09 am »

Pretty. Very pretty.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15673 on: April 06, 2014, 09:47:34 am »

There's a pixel gap on the right front paw in the first one that looks at the viewer.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #15674 on: April 06, 2014, 12:34:05 pm »

Thank you all for playing, especially those who played all 3.

It would be nice if there was some way of knowing when these special rounds will be happening, so it's not always the people that happen to be on that get a chance at a special round (people in the wrong timezone get shafted especially). Or so people like srcdest (who seems pretty active and playing a lot of the time) get a chance to at least play one of them.

Yeah, sorry about that. I do try to announce them on the server and on the thread, but it really is just a matter of timezones. It started at 10:30 PM GMT -5, so 3:30 AM GMT. Which means that most people playing in Europe were out of luck. I tried to start the middle one earlier, but the first one was almost a year ago now, so I forget. I think that one was more spontaneous.
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1654