Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118544 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15420 on: March 29, 2014, 06:49:30 am »

OpenBYOND now has a github repo. AFAIK, N3X15 and Rock are the only people working at it right now, but N5X15 is, as always, crazy productive. Tobba (Goon coder, reverse-engineered large parts of BYOND) shared his knowledge of BYOND opcodes etc. Also, YotaXp (tg coder) also has quite a few opcodes and flags figured out, even if they are slightly outdated. So yay for that!
https://github.com/N3X15/OpenByond

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15421 on: March 29, 2014, 06:57:23 am »

OpenBYOND now has a github repo. AFAIK, N3X15 and Rock are the only people working at it right now, but N5X15 is, as always, crazy productive. Tobba (Goon coder, reverse-engineered large parts of BYOND) shared his knowledge of BYOND opcodes etc. Also, YotaXp (tg coder) also has quite a few opcodes and flags figured out, even if they are slightly outdated. So yay for that!
https://github.com/N3X15/OpenByond
I was literally looking at this 10 minutes ago. I couldn't get it to compile....

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15422 on: March 29, 2014, 08:18:06 am »

If we have some Atmos issues on the test, now I know why. See, it turns out since we're running on the most recent code, we're actually running on the equivalent of BS12's Dev Freeze. Which, among others, changes ZAS.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15423 on: March 29, 2014, 09:24:15 am »

Ladies and Gents, I present the most shitty paint mockup ever. This is the extremely rough outline of what the station I am working on will look like. The Orange lines cutting off a third of it is the asteroid it is embedded in. Enjoy.

It's a fairly large image.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can't have transit to a specific z-level barring a shuttle. Also, if you have mining on the same z-level as the station, they won't have much room to mine.
It's not to a different z level, Xeno is on the same z level. Also, the asteroid is about half of the map.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15424 on: March 29, 2014, 09:26:21 am »

You have something clearly marked as 'vent to another z-level'.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15425 on: March 29, 2014, 09:27:10 am »

Also I'm pretty sure teleporters can send you to different Z-Levels too, but that will most likely not be used for somethign as trivial.

Also, Cargo and mining belong together, as do R&D and Medbay. Speaking of which, I'd appreciate it if Chemlab would be right next to R&D.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 09:28:53 am by Darvi »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15426 on: March 29, 2014, 09:34:54 am »

You have something clearly marked as 'vent to another z-level'.

That's for the supermatter, when you eject it. It's going to be literally a hole in the asteroid that leads to another level.

Also I'm pretty sure teleporters can send you to different Z-Levels too, but that will most likely not be used for somethign as trivial.

Also, Cargo and mining belong together, as do R&D and Medbay. Speaking of which, I'd appreciate it if Chemlab would be right next to R&D.
This station, RP wise, is more focused on extraction of minerals than being a traditional station. I'll have some kind of rapid transport between mining and cargo, but the fact mining is embedded deep inside the asteroid makes it difficult to put both of them together.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15427 on: March 29, 2014, 09:42:07 am »

I need to show my map then...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #15428 on: March 29, 2014, 02:13:22 pm »

Can you make away-mission (gateway) maps using the same process?  I'm presuming you'd obviously need a gateway-type object somewhere, for people to arrive, but are there any other quirks to be aware of?  Or is the Gateway non-operational in Bay12 code?

It's operational, just not enabled atm.

If we have some Atmos issues on the test, now I know why. See, it turns out since we're running on the most recent code, we're actually running on the equivalent of BS12's Dev Freeze. Which, among others, changes ZAS.

We're not running on the most recent code. I'm using their master branch, which is the most recent stable build.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15429 on: March 29, 2014, 02:27:27 pm »

Nope. The master branch and the dev-freeze are one and the same. They just hold off with the updates until they are ready.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #15430 on: March 29, 2014, 03:02:13 pm »

Nope. The master branch and the dev-freeze are one and the same. They just hold off with the updates until they are ready.

The dev freeze branch is different. At the moment it's something like 200 commits ahead of the master branch. The dev branch is where new code gets pushed, the dev freeze is where it gets tested and the master branch is where "releases" of tested code happen. I've coded for BS12 before, it's a great system.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #15431 on: March 29, 2014, 05:05:25 pm »

Doublepost to bump the fact that

The test server is live, and will be until Monday morning EST.

Unless Corai breaks it of course. IP is the same: byond://131.104.253.194:12345

EDIT:

Changes:
-all urist items work now
-you can hug people again!
-various map fixes
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 05:09:51 pm by Glloyd »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15432 on: March 29, 2014, 05:08:29 pm »

Why don't we just have two asteroids? We can make the one the station is on just essentially a worthless space rock, and the one on mining where you'd want to mine at.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15433 on: March 29, 2014, 05:29:30 pm »

*Hugs are back in*
PRAISE THE GLLOYD
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15434 on: March 29, 2014, 06:04:18 pm »

Why don't we just have two asteroids? We can make the one the station is on just essentially a worthless space rock, and the one on mining where you'd want to mine at.
Thats what I am planning.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1654