Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118050 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15345 on: March 27, 2014, 10:11:17 pm »

Would you believe there's no painkillers in baycode?

Invaproline doubles as a minor painkiller.

Did not realize that, it's pretty much exactly what I wanted then, thanks.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15346 on: March 28, 2014, 12:41:06 am »

I can't believe I'm the only one playing. Usually I'm not this alone.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15347 on: March 28, 2014, 12:55:03 am »

Would you believe there's no painkillers in baycode?

I accidentally (sort of) shot a fuel tank with my shotgun which blew a hole in the floor and shattered my lung or something.

I broke into the medbay (it was just me and a crazy chef who had made himself queen of the station) and ransacked all the medical supplies (and slugged back all the pills) but nothing did anything for the pain. Even drinking a bunch of booze didn't seem to help

Seems like kind of an oversight, considering how big of a deal pain is.

side notes: throwing yourself into a disposal chute hurts a LOT and will probably kill you. Also, sawing off a shotgun while it's loaded with beanbag shells barely hurts you at all but leaves a huge bloody splatter all over which is kind of amusing.
One word: Tramadol
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #15348 on: March 28, 2014, 02:34:14 am »

As an addendum to the painkiller thing, I want to add aspirin to the game and scatter bottles of it in the bathrooms around the station. Make it relieve an infinitesimally small amount of pain, but it's better than nothing.

Also, ideas for more vending machines that take money?

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15349 on: March 28, 2014, 03:06:09 am »

what about linking cargo points with money somehow, or custom vending machines cargo and other departments can load up with stuff so that medical can sell drugs, cargo can sell gloves, sci can sell guns, and others can sell things. Going on this theme maybe have a sort of flea market place dedicated where characters can sell goods that they acquired.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15350 on: March 28, 2014, 03:30:47 am »

Are cosmetics in the clothing machines?
What about accessories such as ties and armbands? (Always need that red tie and black jumpsuit.)
Writing/art supplies? (I would pay for a box of crayons.)

Also, Zippos do not cost anything.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15351 on: March 28, 2014, 03:42:13 am »

As an addendum to the painkiller thing, I want to add aspirin to the game and scatter bottles of it in the bathrooms around the station. Make it relieve an infinitesimally small amount of pain, but it's better than nothing.

Pointless. Paracetamol and aspirin are pretty much equal in their effects IRL. Just in case, Paracetamol is what is mostly known as Tylenol in 'Murrica. The difference is that the former is for the most part not useful as an anti-inflammatory drug or as 'OHSHITHEARTATTACK' emergency help, neither of which are simulated in Baycode.

Oh yeah, and there's another significant difference. A number of medications on BS12 can (and likely will) be overdosed. IRL Paracetamol causes liver damage when overdosed, and given on BS12 too much alcohol can damage the liver, I suspect that Paracetamol overdose is simulated.

Still, though, you might make a vending machine for the Medbay lobby and, perhaps, dorms for those who can't move their sick asses to Medbay with pills of Paracetamol, Ethylredoxrazine, Citalopram and Lipozine, so stuff that would be over-the-counter IRL.

what about linking cargo points with money somehow, or custom vending machines cargo and other departments can load up with stuff so that medical can sell drugs, cargo can sell gloves, sci can sell guns, and others can sell things. Going on this theme maybe have a sort of flea market place dedicated where characters can sell goods that they acquired.

J_L is waaaaay ahead of you. It's already added to the Leestation.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15352 on: March 28, 2014, 05:00:50 am »

BTW, whoever says that pipes can't be unwrenched over 350 kPa is wrong. They can't be unwrenched if the pressure difference between the pipe and the exterior is over a certain amount. The more you know.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #15353 on: March 28, 2014, 05:12:26 am »

Make a self-usable cloner that takes money. You want a backup? insert 1,000 space bucks and step inside and it scans and implants you so that when you die, it knows and auto-clones you. You can already do the same thing via genetics and suit sensors, it will just make it so you don't have to bother the geneticist (and he's still got genetics research to do so it does not take his job away) I guess it would probably end up getting bombed every round, though.

maybe a syndicate vending machine in one of the hidden rooms that sells space drugs and magic mushroom rollies or some other generally harmless contraband.

Make the video game cost money to use (if it does not already). Possibly add a "crane game" that just randomly gives you rewards from the same pool (with a low chance to actually win) for people who are too lazy to play the video game.

It's hard to think of anything else that people would want, that wouldn't make jobs obsolete (like food vendors already do to the chef) or completely break things (like a gun vendor).

Edit: not a vending machine, but if it does not exist already a traitor goal to steal X amount of money
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:16:01 am by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15354 on: March 28, 2014, 08:12:01 am »

Finally decided to reenter coding, on my day off: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/3218

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15355 on: March 28, 2014, 10:03:05 am »

I said it while on the test server.  But toy machines and trading cards.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15356 on: March 28, 2014, 10:08:06 am »

The clonevender seems op, and as you touch on it would be a end to the stealth killing traitor that finds his target, kills him, and then gets rid of the body and goes along with his day.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15357 on: March 28, 2014, 10:18:15 am »

I guess that traitor will just have to blow up the clonevender too.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15358 on: March 28, 2014, 10:51:08 am »

So many things made for a completely different play style. This is all map stuff so just leave things like that out of the map. If it's constructable then whatever.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15359 on: March 28, 2014, 10:54:32 am »

The clonevender seems op, and as you touch on it would be a end to the stealth killing traitor that finds his target, kills him, and then gets rid of the body and goes along with his day.

Money is no object, really. You would have to put in real effort to run out of cash most of the time. So, free autocloner.

SPESS MAGICAL vendor that automatically detects when you're dead and clones you is not only OP as fuck, but also makes no goddamn sense. If there were such machines, why wouldn't NanoTrasen use them everywhere? Why have a regular one that needs to be manned by a Geneticist?

Besides, it would be sabotaged every. Single. Round. At least as long as there's a traitor with Kill objective.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1654