Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117927 times)

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15315 on: March 27, 2014, 03:54:36 pm »

*SNIP*

A:It's more a personal preference really. I like having it set to extremely high pressure so I can get areas secured faster (and for bragging rights of surviving in a breached enviroment in /tg/ code) And fortunately no idiot can sabotage the pipes with a wrench once it gets over a 350 KPA. They can still blow it up though.

B:Basically cycle to external to go outside, cycle to internal to go inside. If you open the airlock before it's done cycling the air will get sucked out and you'll basically get hurt.

D:Anything below 264 Kelvin will kill you when it comes to internals.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15316 on: March 27, 2014, 04:14:43 pm »

For the people who cannot into airlocks, click the controller, and click cycle to exterior to get outside, or cycle to interior to get inside. DO NOT JUST FORCE THE DOORS. That causes depressurization and it gets you hurt.
This. Very much this. I shattered Hyacinthe's pelvis with a bunch of crates and pickaxes on her first day of xenoarchaeology this way.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15317 on: March 27, 2014, 04:28:35 pm »

Magboots will save you from being sucked out the airlock and hurt. It won't help with any flying items, though, so either pick everything up or dump it on the exterior side of the airlock before forcing the door open.

Airlocks empty into and draw air from an air canister located somewhere near the door, so you may be able to drain it to the point where the airlock can't cycle back inside without forcing it, assuming you ejected it before the airlock could empty too many times.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15318 on: March 27, 2014, 04:35:41 pm »

Magboots will save you from being sucked out the airlock and hurt. It won't help with any flying items, though, so either pick everything up or dump it on the exterior side of the airlock before forcing the door open.

Airlocks empty into and draw air from an air canister located somewhere near the door, so you may be able to drain it to the point where the airlock can't cycle back inside without forcing it, assuming you ejected it before the airlock could empty too many times.

Oh is THAT what that canister's for?  The More You Know.  :)
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15319 on: March 27, 2014, 04:40:10 pm »

I actually have mixed feelings about the airlocks. It's certainly more realistic and good for the station in the long-term, but they take forever, so if you forgot to grab enough wires to fully wire the solars, you have to deal with the years of waiting twice as much on that specific set.

Also: HoP office is one of the few things that is underequipped in baycode compared to tgcode. Where is the PDA painter and the jobs-opening-and-closing bit on the computer? Not there.
My chef also requests her ice-cream cart back.
Robotics doesn't start with any anaesthetic.
Hydroponics was a lot better in tg, as well.

Also, are we gonna go back to using the station we have in the tgcode, or a ported version?
My tumblr.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15320 on: March 27, 2014, 04:43:50 pm »

All /tg/ stations, AFAIK, don't give robotics anesthetic. Partially because /tg/ doesn't have the RP reasoning to warrant anesthesia (usually) and partially because most people that come through robotics are dead already.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15321 on: March 27, 2014, 04:57:57 pm »

Glloydstation's robotics vending machine will vend anesthetic tanks and medical masks. Sadly you can't debrain an anesthetised subject (in tg at least) because it won't let you operate on the head while they're wearing a mask.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15322 on: March 27, 2014, 05:02:19 pm »

You can always get some Sleep Toxin in the patient before operating.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15323 on: March 27, 2014, 05:06:31 pm »

I'm just gonna say, I finally figured out how to use dream maker, (EVERY WIKI TELLS YOU WHAT YOU NEED FOR A MAP, BUT NOT HOW TO START IT) So i'm slowly working on a map(Where the fuck is the supermatter?)

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15324 on: March 27, 2014, 05:08:12 pm »

I'm just gonna say, I finally figured out how to use dream maker, (EVERY WIKI TELLS YOU WHAT YOU NEED FOR A MAP, BUT NOT HOW TO START IT) So i'm slowly working on a map(Where the fuck is the supermatter?)

Care to share your hard-won secrets?  I haven't delved into DreamMaker at all, but you never know.  Someday.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15325 on: March 27, 2014, 05:09:56 pm »

In my opinion, a good thing to do is to open another station (like the default Baystation) in the same Dream Maker instance. It'll populate yours with all instances of every object from the other map, which gives you something to leech off of (making airlocks without digging for the proper access requirement and giving it a name) and check. Since the default map is loaded with everything you need, you can just switch to it and hunt down the desired object with minimal effort.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #15326 on: March 27, 2014, 05:10:51 pm »

Glloydstation's robotics vending machine will vend anesthetic tanks and medical masks. Sadly you can't debrain an anesthetised subject (in tg at least) because it won't let you operate on the head while they're wearing a mask.

BS12 has wayyy better surgery, it isn't restricted by that.

Care to share your hard-won secrets?  I haven't delved into DreamMaker at all, but you never know.  Someday.

I'm actually making a small series of tutorials on using DreamMaker to map. There really aren't any good ones (or any at all).

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15327 on: March 27, 2014, 05:11:55 pm »

Basically, what you need to do is download the code base you are using, be it /tg/, bay, etc. Then, extract it. Open dream maker, use Open new instance, and you find the .dmm file, which is the map file. Open that, and after a minuet of loading, you should be ready to go.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15328 on: March 27, 2014, 05:18:43 pm »

The test server's map doesn't have a vending machine for that.
My tumblr.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15329 on: March 27, 2014, 06:12:09 pm »

I'm just going to quickly dump my station ideas here, because I'm not going to be doing a lot of community stuff. What I want to do, ideally, is have a kind of ring station sort of similar in design to Glloyd station, But, it's going to embedded into a massive asteroid.

First of all, engine in the center. Now, before you scream OH GOD NO WHY, It's going to be the supermatter one, and there will be a "Eject" button in every departments headquarters. This is going to be a much more mining focused station, with multiple Z-Levels(Is there a way to transfer power through levels?)

The way the asteroid would work was you would have multiple z levels, with departments on each. The top levels would be command, cargo, and general crew stuff. The middle levels would be security, R&D, and medical. And the bottom level would be engineering and mining. The top level would be fully exposed to space, so fall out and you drift away, the middle level would be half inside, so you could see little spires of rock climbing up. And the bottom level would be fully surrounded. Top level would have all of the shuttles and such, with maybe a few pods on the second. On the third the only way to space would be to to drill your way out(would be very hard) and through a specially construed shaft for super matter venting.

As stretch goals, some ideas include the ability to "Detach" the bottom level in case of a supermatter explosion and basically blast the station into empty space, having the explosion spread through z levels, which I understand does not work yet, or does it? No idea.

Basically, tell me how unrealistic and impossible all these things are. If my Z-Levels completely don't pan out, I might do it horizontally, as in the station is embedded into a asteroid sideways.
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1654