Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117577 times)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15240 on: March 26, 2014, 11:52:47 am »

Would anyone that plays AI normally/frequently mind proofreading a law for me and try to find a loophole in it? PM me and I'll PM you the law.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15241 on: March 26, 2014, 11:55:47 am »

Would anyone that plays AI normally/frequently mind proofreading a law for me and try to find a loophole in it? PM me and I'll PM you the law.
I don't play AI normally but I can try to look for a loophole.

Also, if I find one, would you rather I post it here for everyone or just pm it to you?

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15242 on: March 26, 2014, 12:06:09 pm »

Wait, are we going to be using Asimov laws or standard bs12 laws?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15243 on: March 26, 2014, 12:08:25 pm »

I'm still going off of /TG/ no idea about that.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #15244 on: March 26, 2014, 12:08:53 pm »

We haven't fully decided. We are going supermatter over singulo though.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15245 on: March 26, 2014, 12:10:46 pm »

Maybe now I shall TRY engie. Can the supermatter engine FUCK THE STATION IN THE ASS if you fuck up?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15246 on: March 26, 2014, 12:12:31 pm »

Right, my uber law depends on if we use Asimov or bs12 laws since Asimov has a law order to follow (1 over 2 over 3 over 4 etc) and bs12 doesn't.  Super matter over singulo though is great.

Maybe now I shall TRY engie. Can the supermatter engine FUCK THE STATION IN THE ASS if you fuck up?
Yes. Read this or you will ruin a round. If possible go as engineer and have another engineer/the CE show you how to set it up. There's a few tricks you can use to cut corners safely once you learn the engine inside and out, but don't try those yet.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15247 on: March 26, 2014, 12:15:45 pm »

I hope we use Asimov. I can think of a few minor loopholes for them, none that would majorly ruin the game or anything though.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15248 on: March 26, 2014, 12:22:11 pm »

My law was a law change, not a set of laws. My problem with Asimov is it's almost impossible to subvert the AI well with it. Since laws are followed in order, only law 0 takes precedence over any other law. Sure a onehuman is nice in a pinch, but for certain plans it's good to have a catered law that the AI follows rather than having a onehuman thrown at it along with a bunch of commands it has to copy and paste (which it might not even do). The other thing I like about bs12 laws is that the AI *can* kill if necessary, but really ONLY if necessary. If someone is running around killing people and a higher up or tribunal orders the AI to kill them to protect the rest of the crew, it should be possible and up to the discretion of the AI rather than outright banned in my opinion.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15249 on: March 26, 2014, 12:24:44 pm »

I believe that (based on the Asimovian law discussion that was here earlier) an Asimovian AI can kill to protect more humans from harm without even being told to do so.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15250 on: March 26, 2014, 12:25:53 pm »

I believe that (based on the Asimovian law discussion that was here earlier) an Asimovian AI can kill to protect more humans from harm without even being told to do so.
In that case (to be honest I tried to follow it but it became rather confusing) the only problem that remains for me is the precedence issue, since so few laws take the law 0 slot and freeforms must be 15+.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15251 on: March 26, 2014, 12:26:15 pm »

I like normal functioning AIs never killing ever. It gives them some neutrality when they have to protect everybody equally.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15252 on: March 26, 2014, 12:29:56 pm »

I like normal functioning AIs never killing ever. It gives them some neutrality when they have to protect everybody equally.
The problem I have is when they go overboard, which has happened in a few games I've been in. In general the target that needs to be killed due to horrific crimes and being a huge threat will be barricaded in a room, with the AI not letting security into the room because the target will kill them, and/or because security wants to kill the target. Meanwhile a head (or pair of heads) goes to change the law to allow the target to be killed/allow a capture attempt despite the almost certainty of someone dying, and the AI bolts its upload to prevent the law being applied because allowing that law to be applied would conflict with law 1.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15253 on: March 26, 2014, 12:31:17 pm »

I dunno, to me that sounds interesting and fun.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15254 on: March 26, 2014, 12:32:18 pm »

I prefer the BS12 laws. The AI gets more leeway in how to act, and Assistant Mc.Shitfuck doesn't have the same authority over it as Glorious Captain Mc.Whipping.
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1654