Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117604 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15225 on: March 25, 2014, 11:47:31 pm »

I feel like a lot of the stuff in Baycode is just needless complication that just bogs down the fun of the game.
Concur'd

In particular I think we could do away with the character skill thing and the way how atmos starts up messed.

The character skill thing isn't required on our server, and when I port the map, the atmospherics department won't be messed up anymore.

EDIT: You have a screwdriver on your extinguisher.

EDIT 2: Pics from the alien round last night!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT 3: That rev round was amazing.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 12:16:24 am by Glloyd »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15226 on: March 26, 2014, 12:17:13 am »

False, I have an extinguisher under my screwdriver. Some more popped up later too, it was madness.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15227 on: March 26, 2014, 02:32:49 am »

I feel like a lot of the stuff in Baycode is just needless complication that just bogs down the fun of the game.
Concur'd

In particular I think we could do away with the character skill thing and the way how atmos starts up messed.

The character skill thing isn't required on our server, and when I port the map, the atmospherics department won't be messed up anymore.

EDIT: You have a screwdriver on your extinguisher.

EDIT 2: Pics from the alien round last night!

EDIT 3: That rev round was amazing.
IT'S SO HARD BEING AN ERT LEADER AT A TIME LIKE THAT
SO
FUKKEN
HARD
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15228 on: March 26, 2014, 03:03:56 am »

Concur'd

Character skill has about as much impact on the gameplay as character description. Which it is, in fact.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15229 on: March 26, 2014, 03:08:32 am »

Character skill is counter-productive even, since it kind of forces you into certain jobs if you want to play accordingly.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15230 on: March 26, 2014, 03:40:22 am »

most on B12 proper just swap skills around on their characters when they want to try out different roles, they really don't matter at all.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15231 on: March 26, 2014, 04:00:24 am »

Well this round was short and eventful.

The captain, Mono, decides to set up the engine and gets himself killed. In the meanwhile I look for him since he didn't have his sensors up and comment about the shoddy job the last shift did with cleaning up in the engine.

Later, we get alarms about the engine, so I rush there to get it ejected. Literally seconds before I manage to break through the glass, the engine explodes and doppelgangers of me appear. Said copies proceed to punch me, so I rush to my office to get the gun in my locker. I shoot the nearest copy, somehow miss, and kill Ian in the process.

The RD claims that there were no doppelgangers, but since he attempted to leave the shuttle mid-transit he clearly wasn't the most stable of people and was not to be believed.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15232 on: March 26, 2014, 04:29:41 am »

There's something oddly fun about a round calm enough for a shift-change to happen.

Like, on one of the two today, I apprenticed the Unathi named Nokolai on matters of cooking. Not much else happened, besides a virus that would have been bad if it weren't cured so fast.

On the other, I had a botanist assisting me (Ruby Mary) and as such I got to try a bunch of recipes I haven't gotten to before, as well as understand better the process of serving people food and drink. All that happened that one was Flickenger breaking Ruby's arm and then walking himself to jail on a shift with no security.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15233 on: March 26, 2014, 04:36:28 am »

So what was me dying on clownsteroid, chopped liver?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15234 on: March 26, 2014, 04:37:14 am »

There's something oddly fun about a round calm enough for a shift-change to happen.

Like, on one of the two today, I apprenticed the Unathi named Nokolai on matters of cooking. Not much else happened, besides a virus that would have been bad if it weren't cured so fast.

On the other, I had a botanist assisting me (Ruby Mary) and as such I got to try a bunch of recipes I haven't gotten to before, as well as understand better the process of serving people food and drink. All that happened that one was Flickenger breaking Ruby's arm and then walking himself to jail on a shift with no security.

OH GOD, WE ARE TURNING INTO BS12 ( :P )
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15235 on: March 26, 2014, 05:32:52 am »

OH GOD, WE ARE TURNING INTO BS12 ( :P )

my plan

it has worked
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15236 on: March 26, 2014, 07:09:36 am »

SoloStation 13, whoooo!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15237 on: March 26, 2014, 09:39:28 am »

Was that the round where I, dramatically, said catch me before resting and logging off?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15238 on: March 26, 2014, 09:54:29 am »

Haven't been on this thread for a bit so this is bringing up an old topic (AI harm-Asimov), but I just wanted to try and justify some aspects. I'll put it in spoilers so people who don't care don't have to look at it.
Spoiler: Can AI's harm people? (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15239 on: March 26, 2014, 11:48:24 am »

Haven't been on this thread for a bit so this is bringing up an old topic (AI harm-Asimov), but I just wanted to try and justify some aspects. I'll put it in spoilers so people who don't care don't have to look at it.
Spoiler: Can AI's harm people? (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 ... 1654