Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117475 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15195 on: March 25, 2014, 05:37:56 am »

So apparently I'm an S-COM agent now?

(C-COM woulda made much more sense guise)

OOC: CoraiUnki: Also, Wymar was best security
[...]
OOC: CoraiUnki: (tactical jumpsuit + pirate cap best uniform)

If I remember correctly, S-COM came from when I, Mag, and Corai were fucking around(But really Mag and Corai... and some other guys) and the station ended up getting flooded with spiders and then S-COM was born.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15196 on: March 25, 2014, 06:13:49 am »

Shoulda known the bastard-bro was involved.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15197 on: March 25, 2014, 07:16:45 am »

BS12 Virology is really. Fucking. Dangerous. Not only there are two symptoms which cause you to DIE the moment they set in (via gibbing and suicide, respectively), but here's the kicker: BS12 viruses can NOT be cured with chemicals. You can only cure them using antibodies, and making those is substantially more time-consuming (not harder, just more time-consuming) and, since the machines are non-constructable, you can be particularly vicious as a traitor and bomb the centrifuge for an uncurable disease.

As we learned last round, massive doses of radium also work, if you don't mind ridiculous toxin damage.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15198 on: March 25, 2014, 07:37:40 am »

My favorite feature of Baycode so far is that you can fit stupidly large objects in your ears.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15199 on: March 25, 2014, 07:47:47 am »

* Darvi shoves a wheel of cheese into his ears.

WHAT? I DIDN'T HEAR YOU, CAN YOU REPEAT THAT FOR ME?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15200 on: March 25, 2014, 08:52:39 am »

My favorite feature of Baycode so far is that you can fit stupidly large objects in your ears.

It's mostly silly oversights, probably related to being able to put stuff in labcoats.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15201 on: March 25, 2014, 09:00:03 am »

As we learned last round, massive doses of radium also work, if you don't mind ridiculous toxin damage.

If you're referring to the round I was in (where the disease turned people into monkeys), then no they don't.

I was the skrell who took the radium to be cured, thinking it would be similar to tg's poisoning where you just chug some chems and get over the side effects. That's doesn't seem to be the case in bay.
The poison appeared to stay in my system pretty much forever. I was the chemist and was able to consume hundreds of units of anti-tox and hyronalin but my round was effectively crippled anyway. I could barely move because the vomiting from radiation kept my hunger level in red and would paralyze me when it happened - similar to tg's appendicitis. Plus, I kept getting massive spikes of tox damage.
This lasted for a long time. Certainly long enough for people to go from initial infection to becoming monkeys while I was tied to the chem dispenser making pills for myself over and over. Eventually I got hit with a particularly bad spike and died so fast that no-one was able to help me despite this being in the chem lab and a borg seeing me fall over and calling for help on the radio before I even entered crit.

Realistically, you would be better off advising people to kill themselves and be cloned rather than take radium. It will probably come to the same thing anyway and will get them back to playing much faster. It's a shame Bay doesn't appear to have tg's upgraded autocloner.

Looking at the wiki, the correct procedure seems to be to infect a monkey, give it radium, then get antibodies from it when it's cured (and presumably breed them in the virology machine if you can)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15202 on: March 25, 2014, 10:15:41 am »

Not exactly. You do not need to cure them, just make them produce antibodies. By the way, the toxin spikes were, precisely, you developping antibodies and having a cytokine storm, hence toxins.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Spacefaye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15203 on: March 25, 2014, 10:26:57 am »

Someone spawned 3 Singularities by throwing a bag of holding into one in /tg/station 13.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #15204 on: March 25, 2014, 10:37:49 am »

BS12 Virology is really. Fucking. Dangerous. Not only there are two symptoms which cause you to DIE the moment they set in (via gibbing and suicide, respectively), but here's the kicker: BS12 viruses can NOT be cured with chemicals. You can only cure them using antibodies, and making those is substantially more time-consuming (not harder, just more time-consuming) and, since the machines are non-constructable, you can be particularly vicious as a traitor and bomb the centrifuge for an uncurable disease.

Speaking of virology, there's a PR up on BS12 to give it a facelift and make it a bit more user friendly.

http://baystation12.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9941

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15205 on: March 25, 2014, 11:24:39 am »

Speaking of virology, there's a PR up on BS12 to give it a facelift and make it a bit more user friendly.

It's just some graphics tweaks and genocide.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15206 on: March 25, 2014, 12:50:19 pm »

It's just some graphics tweaks and genocide.
Graphic tweaks and genocide makes everything 100 % more user friendly.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15207 on: March 25, 2014, 02:58:42 pm »

Haven't been on this thread for a bit so this is bringing up an old topic (AI harm-Asimov), but I just wanted to try and justify some aspects. I'll put it in spoilers so people who don't care don't have to look at it.
Spoiler: Can AI's harm people? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:24:45 am by Erils »

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15208 on: March 25, 2014, 03:14:47 pm »

In the story "Little Lost Robot" while they are trying to find one of the NS-2 "Nestor" robots that has hidden itself, they carry out a test. The test involves dropping a heavy stone onto a human and killing them (the robots don't know but the stone is rigged to stop). The room is filled radiation and the robots are told that, they will be unable to save the person and, should they try, will only destroy themselves which might prevent them from saving more humans in the future. When the rock is dropped, all the robots stay still (except the NS-2 as he could sense the radiation was harmless) even though they all (except the NS-2) had newtons 3 laws programmed into them without any alterations.
Based on that, an asimovian AI should be allowed to let a human die, or even kill them, if it might save the lives of future humans.[spoiler]

Except, I thought that in the story the asimov robots are only able to stay still because they 'knew' that the radiation would stop them preventing harm to the human and so they couldn't actually help them. That's not the same as letting a human die when then believe they could prevent it. If they'd been told that they'd be destroyed but would be able to prevent harm to the human in the process then presumably they'd have sacrificed themselves

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15209 on: March 25, 2014, 03:36:09 pm »

You forgot a slash in your tags, Erils.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 ... 1654