Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990 991 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118295 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #14820 on: March 14, 2014, 01:55:23 am »

Maybe one of their laws was
0. Be a dick

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14821 on: March 14, 2014, 02:03:54 am »

Maybe one of their laws was
0. Be a dick
Nah, it happened as soon as round started and the Chef was antag.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14822 on: March 14, 2014, 02:45:02 am »

Arrived on the station as an assistant to find I couldn't leave the arrivals shuttle. Another assistant arrived while I was busting my way out with an oxygen tank, and we busted out together. We found that the ship was totally without power and went to tool storage to get some crowbars and station-bounced radios, then I went to the bridge to call the shuttle while he searched the ship for survivors. I found the captain dead in his office, covered in severe burns. I took his ID and armor, then called the shuttle and sent a priority announcement telling any survivors to come to the bridge. My assistant compatriot returned to the bridge with two corpses he had found in the medbay, also covered in burns. We put them and the captain's body in a locker to take back to CentCom for cloning and investigation. We then rescued Ian, Renault, and Runtime and brought them to the escape lobby. My new friend also found a braindead, handcuffed chef somewhere, and we brought him along too, putting him in the brig when the shuttle arrived.

That is the very bizarre experience I just had exploring a creepy-ass dead station, which was probably victim to the previously mentioned dickish AI.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14823 on: March 14, 2014, 03:16:40 am »

God dammit, guys, I've been proposing switching to baycode for a year now ¦I Although like others mentioned, vgcode might be worth looking into, being a hybrid.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14824 on: March 14, 2014, 06:31:23 am »

No. God no. A wielded fire axe can decapitate in 3 hits.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14825 on: March 14, 2014, 11:10:23 am »

No. God no. A wielded fire axe can decapitate in 3 hits.

And that is wrong how? Besides, a fireaxe wielded in both hands, AFAIK, WILL crit you in three or four hits now, so the difference is whether you get killed in a regular way or killed in a dramatic way.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14826 on: March 14, 2014, 11:14:34 am »

Fires axes do in excess of 33 brute now?
And anyway, a fire-axe of all the standard items I can think of on station should probably be the best tool for improvised amputation.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14827 on: March 14, 2014, 11:30:09 am »

Fires axes do in excess of 33 brute now?
And anyway, a fire-axe of all the standard items I can think of on station should probably be the best tool for improvised amputation.

I checked, it does 24 according to the wiki. Still, if you can get three hits in, getting one or two more is not very likely to be an issue.

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14828 on: March 14, 2014, 11:57:12 am »

I personally support the switch to baycode. It has it's negatives, but it allows for much more immersion (IMMERSHUN) and interesting gameplay. Also, I like the idea of a battle where one team has e-swords and the other has katanas, it'd just be so DRAMATIC.
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14829 on: March 14, 2014, 12:05:59 pm »

On the subject of baycode I whole heartedly endorse it.
I cant think of any meaningful features that we would loose, bays combat and medbay code is amazing. ZAS is still in but I have never had issues with it, unless you are trying to quickly space someone without EVA equipment of your own anyway and then is that behaviour this server encourages?
The problem however lies for me in lowpop rounds, injuries on Bay require surgery to fix more often than they don't and no Doctor this round? Enjoy your ruptured lung.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14830 on: March 14, 2014, 12:09:08 pm »

Wuugh, I don't like baycode:
1. I don't like ZAS. At all. I much prefer LINDA, especially when the speed var is set to something like 5x (if the server can handle that ;_;)
2. Can you still whack a dead person's head with a toolbox until it falls off?

Said split in the /tg/ community hasn't actually affected coderbus at all. AFAIK there is not a single coder who has stopped coding.

If we're going to have to switch, I'd much prefer that we switch to /vg/code and port stuff from bay instead of the other way around; /vg/ seems to be better geared to our ideal than baycode. (also most people agree that Nexis is the best coder to grace ss13 for a long time)

That said, it's not like I really play here a lot anymore anyway. I prefer Metastation over Glloydstation (even though I worked on Glloydstation), and Basil is generally a pretty chill place to hang out. (Well, except for startoad devlogging in OOC >.>)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14831 on: March 14, 2014, 12:15:04 pm »

What are the differences between Baycode and /vg/code, on the purely technical level? I know that they are similar, but I don't know what is changed between the two.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14832 on: March 14, 2014, 12:27:45 pm »

/vg/ has cleaned up a lot of code, ported a lot of features and the devs are generally VERY active.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14833 on: March 14, 2014, 01:05:27 pm »

We have someone being a dick on the server, they electrified shit as the borg last round, and this round as soon as it started they rolled A.I., locked me in my office, and electrified it, then killed power to it.

It was probably the AI, Marvin.  Think it was played by Ship of Freaks or something.  I was the borg, but I spent the round just kind of drifting, looking for people to heal, and occasionally being creepy.  I went to sleep after that round.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14834 on: March 14, 2014, 01:12:11 pm »

Holy fuck, hardly did I open the changelog on /vg/station and DO WANT. SO HARD.

Most notably they changed Singulo to not use Del() and instead use something allegedly completely lag-free. And they port both Bay and /tg/ features, hell, they even have Goon's Vampire mode. And smooth streaming, although it might be their server being fast.
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990 991 ... 1654