Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117322 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #14565 on: March 04, 2014, 08:57:10 am »

I've never been a fan of diplomacy.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14566 on: March 04, 2014, 09:02:25 am »

Anytime I pull out a gun and try to rob someone it never works. I've even got talked down and ended up saying sorry to the person once, curse you Hector, I think I ended up killing them once though.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14567 on: March 04, 2014, 09:39:55 am »

I once made two... Or was it three? Anyways, more than one Singularity engine. Then a traitor planted a beacon and released them both. I think it was on Metastation. One was in Engineering, the other was in the empty window space in the Dorms area. The beacon was near Escape, so the station got cut in half and them some.

This is exactly what I did on a goonstation server as an Engineer Traitor.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14568 on: March 04, 2014, 11:14:53 am »

Anytime I pull out a gun and try to rob someone it never works. I've even got talked down and ended up saying sorry to the person once, curse you Hector, I think I ended up killing them once though.
Yeah, it's hard to find people who will play along. My method is generally "shoot first, explain intent later." I've gotten away with straight-up robbery a few times, and once had my victim try to defend me in court, if I ever made it that far.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14569 on: March 04, 2014, 11:16:22 am »

Yeah, it's hard to find people who will play along. My method is generally "shoot first, explain intent later." I've gotten away with straight-up robbery a few times, and once had my victim try to defend me in court, if I ever made it that far.

I once held J_L up at gunpoint. Well, by once, I mean probably a dozen times. But he's done it to me a similar amount of times methinks.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14570 on: March 04, 2014, 11:29:14 am »

I -read:Vladmir- on my own can... Kinda maybe hold someone up. I tend to get the people who, by luck, call out that 'X has gun taze he' so I end up doing my whole, stun then lasers to the head thing. Veeeery effective :D

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14571 on: March 04, 2014, 04:03:50 pm »

I was playing as Nova one time and the shaft miner I called in to give a drill to held me up with a revolver and told me to drop my headset. I played along and didn't say anything over the radio and then out of nowhere the HoP walks in and sees the miner with a revolver and stuns him. He lets the miner go as he hasn't actually hurt anyone but takes his revolver. One awkward silence later he asks to "start over" and leads me into maintenance outside R&D and tells me to get in a locker. I play along again and after some exposition he turns on an energy sword and starts hitting me. Naturally I run away and into robotics where he follows me and runs into the Roboticist and a security guard undergoing augmentation. Says "fuck!" and then promptly runs away. I never saw him again that round and it ended pretty uneventful for me.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14572 on: March 04, 2014, 04:16:34 pm »

Server down?

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14573 on: March 04, 2014, 04:17:53 pm »

Seems that way... Just lost connection.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14574 on: March 04, 2014, 04:19:29 pm »

Same here.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14575 on: March 04, 2014, 04:19:34 pm »

Blech, I was at a critical moment too. Lots of suspense. Lots of tension. Lots of connection failed

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14576 on: March 04, 2014, 04:19:44 pm »

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14577 on: March 04, 2014, 04:20:05 pm »

What kind of critical moment?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14578 on: March 04, 2014, 04:29:08 pm »

Miner. Steal RCD/Escape Alone.
With a captain, HoP, HoS and at least 2 sec staff I figured I needed the AI onside.

I began by doing some mining to get a diamond drill so I could break into places through the walls. But then, in a stroke of luck I took the HoP's body to cloning and stole his ID without the secborg noticing. I tested it on the cargo sec point to see if it had access and it did so I assumed it was an all-access.

Now, the AI had been very quick to report intruders in EVA so I didn't want to risk breakins in secure tech storage or the AI upload where I think the cameras have motion detectors so I planned to pop into R&D and make an upload & onehuman boards. I arrive just outside the maintenance door, dressed as a xeno to disguise my identity and hopefully intimidate people against chasing me if I'm spotted. My thermals show the RD is working there, but then, she leaves the room. It's my chance! I pull out the ID and open the door..... only for it to stay closed! The HoP didn't have research access. Quickly, I pull out my toolbelt and start hacking the door, knowing the RD could return any moment and I'm unarmed apart from a bottle of vodka from a hidden room in maintenance. I pulse the wire, I'm fumbling to get my crowbar out to open it, and then.... the client dies

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14579 on: March 04, 2014, 04:32:11 pm »

There are definitely not motion detectors in upload. Odds are, I wouldn't have noticed until you uploaded the laws.
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 1654