Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116878 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #14475 on: February 28, 2014, 04:05:32 am »

MrPerson is porting /vg/'s qdel GC system, it's far from done, but once it's done, singulos and bombs will probably be incredibly fast. (And everything else, but singulos and bombs are the biggest offenders because Del is expensive and they call it a lot.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14476 on: February 28, 2014, 05:01:27 am »

I guess releasing the singlo will be one less thing off my "things I won't do when antag list", grated it is a short list with "Don't piss off the badmins" at the top
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:07:32 am by garfield751 »

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14477 on: February 28, 2014, 10:08:23 am »

I guess releasing the singlo will be one less thing off my "things I won't do when antag list", grated it is a short list with "Don't piss off the badmins" at the top
Singulo is only used by antags that are VERY desperate, or trying to get the shuttle called, without it being recalled.
That's an issue I had as a traitor; Nobody wanted to call the escape shuttle, even after numerous murders, break-ins, SDDs and more. I had to release the singularity in order to nod them in the right direction. :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14478 on: February 28, 2014, 10:48:32 am »

There is currently a server-crashing bug live on the server. (And one that can be done INCREDIBLY simply)
Razharas is going to push out a fix at MAXIMUM SANIC SPEED, so an emergency update once that fix is merged is probably good.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14479 on: February 28, 2014, 10:54:22 am »

The easiest way to make sure it is called and you don't cause MASSIVE LAHG is to get a laser, a revolver, or an explosive, break into the Bridge and Captain's Quarters and damage both consoles you would use to call the shuttle.

If both are out of commission, the shuttle is called automatically, and since the consoles are damaged, you cannot recall it from them. Of course, you COULD build another console or fix the old ones, but that takes some time, and if the timer goes beyond a certain point, you cannot recall it.

Plus, if you use a gun it should be silent enough for no-one to notice for a short while, and using a bomb makes the area highly dangerous to anyone except space-suited crewmembers, so you get some extra time before it's too late.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14480 on: February 28, 2014, 10:55:08 am »

As the captain, I only call the shuttle when it seems that the station is completely unsalvagable, and lots of murders and break-ins alone don't make that the case.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14481 on: February 28, 2014, 10:56:13 am »

IIRC the shuttle is only autocalled when:
1) There's no (active) AI
2) All communication console boards are destroyed (or off-Z?).
Just breaking the computers won't do, IIRC.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14482 on: February 28, 2014, 12:20:27 pm »

This. You have to toss all three Communications Boards into the Singularity, the Incinerator, or one of the Mass Drivers, otherwise nothing happens. And I'm not sure about the off-Z-level thing either.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14483 on: February 28, 2014, 12:21:55 pm »

And god forbid that an overzealous scientist made more boards.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14484 on: February 28, 2014, 12:24:33 pm »

If I go to the trouble of throwing all three communications boards into the Singularity, and then suddenly realize some asshole scientist actually made more, I will probably have a complete villainous breakdown. Nobody EVER makes boards, unless they're for a mech.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14485 on: February 28, 2014, 12:34:57 pm »

This. You have to toss all three Communications Boards into the Singularity, the Incinerator, or one of the Mass Drivers, otherwise nothing happens. And I'm not sure about the off-Z-level thing either.

I could swear it got autocalled when I tried it the last time (read: a while ago).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14486 on: February 28, 2014, 12:40:30 pm »

If I go to the trouble of throwing all three communications boards into the Singularity, and then suddenly realize some asshole scientist actually made more, I will probably have a complete villainous breakdown. Nobody EVER makes boards, unless they're for a mech.

Boards are good for research, but of course you're destroying them 5 seconds after you make them.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14487 on: February 28, 2014, 01:01:56 pm »

New goal: Be in a round where someone is trying to get the shuttle autocalled for some reason. Be RD. Make infinite Comms boards.
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14488 on: February 28, 2014, 01:30:19 pm »

New goal: Be in a round where someone is trying to get the shuttle autocalled for some reason. Be RD. Make infinite Comms boards.

Hide them in maintenance and at the bomb range. Give them to monkeys in genetics. Throw them in with slimes. Hide them all over the outside of the station.

This will likely end in Lord Singuloth.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14489 on: February 28, 2014, 01:54:45 pm »

I once made two... Or was it three? Anyways, more than one Singularity engine. Then a traitor planted a beacon and released them both. I think it was on Metastation. One was in Engineering, the other was in the empty window space in the Dorms area. The beacon was near Escape, so the station got cut in half and them some.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1654