Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119469 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13860 on: February 04, 2014, 02:39:49 pm »

I figured out how to deal with the ads that are just gifs but hide your cursor to make them harder to close/easier to accidentally click on. And it is the ancient magic of pressing the right mouse button.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13861 on: February 04, 2014, 02:41:37 pm »

Oh joy.

However I have no problem with ads because :P

I love taunting you guys with my insistence in not hating ads hehe :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13862 on: February 04, 2014, 02:48:30 pm »

I figured out how to deal with the ads that are just gifs but hide your cursor to make them harder to close/easier to accidentally click on. And it is the ancient magic of pressing the right mouse button.
there aren't any ads that hide your cursor
they all go away if you just wait and you can click on other windows in the meantime

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13863 on: February 04, 2014, 02:51:50 pm »

they all go away if you just wait and you can click on other windows in the meantime

Well, I GUESS I JUST MADE THAT UP, RIGHT? I keep getting WoT adverts and they DO hide my cursor.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13864 on: February 04, 2014, 02:55:05 pm »

Bubbles is the king of rhymes, he plays on Urist McStation all the times.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13865 on: February 04, 2014, 03:01:48 pm »

I keep getting adverts for Barbie: Pearl Princess.

I have no idea what it thinks I've been clicking on recently, but there's nothing that should make me the target demographic for that!  :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13866 on: February 04, 2014, 03:17:41 pm »

Well, I GUESS I JUST MADE THAT UP, RIGHT? I keep getting WoT adverts and they DO hide my cursor.
Tried alt-tabbing?

Like I said, I found a method to fix it, I thought other people had this problem as well.

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13867 on: February 04, 2014, 03:47:04 pm »

I went AFK while observing a late, low-pop round. I came back to find out that I was suddenly alive, in space, outside the illicit bar, as Steel Hanzo, SPACE NINJA.
I'm positive it was a random event and I don't think I even had the preference turned on, but that didn't matter anymore. I was an elite mercenary assassin of the mighty Spider Clan, on a mission with six objectives to complete:

Objective #1: Accumulate 5 capture points. It is better if they remain relatively unharmed. Fail. (Capturing creatures is fine and dandy, except for the small detail that there is no energy net to capture them in the ninja abilities tabs.)
Objective #2: Download 20 research levels. Success! (No science staff. I researched them myself.)
Objective #3: Slay Bomrek Nussbaum, the Chief Medical Officer. Fail. (I somehow misread 'Slay' as 'Hang out with Bomrek, set up the engine together, let him operate your appendicitis and lead his braindead self safely to the pods when the shuttle comes'.)
Objective #4: Steal an advanced energy gun. Success! (No cargo staff. I had to mine the uranium myself.)
Objective #5: Stay alive until the end. Success!
Objective #6: The Spider Clan must not be linked to this operation. Remain as hidden and covert as possible. Fail. (I'm not sure how the game could detect the completion of this. There would have been no admins to toggle it, and I managed to fail it hilariously anyway in the first five minutes, as I stepped out of maintenance right as I finished reading the wiki, by walking right in front of the entirety of the crew that just so happened to be standing at the end of the escape hallway.)

Things I've learned:
- 10E means 1000 energy.
- Opening doors with the energy blade makes my inner engineer cry.
- Ninjas make for surprisingly good miners.
- Maskless ninja sprite looked rather strange, almost glitched. I should have taken some screenshots.
- Absolutely nothing happened in the captain's quarters and I shall not speak about it.

It was... interesting, to say the least. I took it as a crash course in how to use the spiderOS.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13868 on: February 04, 2014, 03:56:19 pm »

Ah, to use the ninja energy net you need to right click on the target.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13869 on: February 04, 2014, 04:32:05 pm »

Wheel of Time adverts, or am I getting that acronym wrong?  Because Wheel of Time was a freaking amazing series.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13870 on: February 04, 2014, 04:38:40 pm »

Wheel of Time adverts, or am I getting that acronym wrong?  Because Wheel of Time was a freaking amazing series.
World of Tanks.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13871 on: February 04, 2014, 04:43:56 pm »

World of Tanks.

Ah.  I keep forgetting that that game is actually a thing.  You'd think I'd remember it's actually a thing since it's on Twitch and a lot of other places.  Also, thanks for clearing that up.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13872 on: February 04, 2014, 04:48:56 pm »

OOC: Nienhaus2: I don't care for X-Com.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13873 on: February 04, 2014, 04:59:42 pm »

Better WOT than WOA.

I mean really, its kinda clear that they just stole the trailer from war thunder, moved around the bits and slapped there own name on it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13874 on: February 04, 2014, 05:05:12 pm »

Stuffs.
Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 1654