Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 917 918 [919] 920 921 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119165 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13770 on: January 31, 2014, 05:15:19 pm »

there's hardly any reason for them to not be constructable other than the potential mayhem new smeses can cause in the powernet but then i know little about that stuff vOv

it's probably going to be added as a r&d machine at some point.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13771 on: January 31, 2014, 05:28:56 pm »

I do like the idea of a plague doctor antag showing up, announcing something like "This station is infected! But do not worry! Is nothing bullets cannot cure!" and invading with a bunch of lackeys. They're not that big on armor and use light weaponry, but have plenty of virus gas grenades and other unusual dickery.

The backstory is- they're bioterrorists that hate Nanotrasen.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13772 on: January 31, 2014, 05:30:55 pm »

Sitting in their pen is a good way to get killed, even while they're feeding. Slimes have a variable called "friend" that makes them less likely to violently assault whoever is on that list and any mob can be added as long as they're in sight. Just standing outside the pen is enough to add you to that list. Slimes will pretty much always attack you if they're starving, unless you're a slime person.

The way I do it is I clear the pen of all but my choice slime, throw in a monkey, and wait for it to grow to an adult, then throw in another. It usually splits by that point.

Good to know, thanks (I think the slime-person solution might be a bit beyond my ken at the moment, Neinhaus!  ;))

Another question (I'm messing around with different jobs now, so forgive the random curiosity!) - is it possible to construct and/or order additional SMESes on the station?  Didn't see anything in the construction guides about them, and the supply crates don't seem to contain SMESes or parts for them.
Nope. The eight you get (3 in engineering, 4 solars, incinerator) are all you have. Maxing out the power grid with more than a few doesn't serve much purpose other than overloading power sinks faster, since shock damage is capped at 70 burn per touch.

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13773 on: January 31, 2014, 05:32:19 pm »

No-One's on the alt server besides me and Nycro. Anyone mind coming on?
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13774 on: January 31, 2014, 05:38:42 pm »

I could ask sos for the specifics of the tg box, since they don't crash nearly as much.
That said, sleepingpills has an automated script that pulls the latest code, recompiles and reboots the server.

So, you are saying that the map may be to blame for our rather problematic stability?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13775 on: January 31, 2014, 05:50:50 pm »

I do like the idea of a plague doctor antag showing up, announcing something like "This station is infected! But do not worry! Is nothing bullets cannot cure!" and invading with a bunch of lackeys. They're not that big on armor and use light weaponry, but have plenty of virus gas grenades and other unusual dickery.

Or its ANTAG.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13776 on: January 31, 2014, 06:01:41 pm »

Sitting in their pen is a good way to get killed, even while they're feeding. Slimes have a variable called "friend" that makes them less likely to violently assault whoever is on that list and any mob can be added as long as they're in sight. Just standing outside the pen is enough to add you to that list. Slimes will pretty much always attack you if they're starving, unless you're a slime person.

The way I do it is I clear the pen of all but my choice slime, throw in a monkey, and wait for it to grow to an adult, then throw in another. It usually splits by that point.

Good to know, thanks (I think the slime-person solution might be a bit beyond my ken at the moment, Neinhaus!  ;))
Sliming yourself is super-easy. Feed one of your starter greys and once it splits, grab a purple and stick it in a new pen. If there are no purples, grow up one of the greys again. Once you have a purple, do the same for it until you have a green. Kill the green, extract it, use an empty syringe on the extract, and inject yourself with it. It only takes more than 5-6 minutes if the RNG hates you.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13777 on: January 31, 2014, 06:02:27 pm »

I read that as Botanists.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13778 on: January 31, 2014, 06:06:17 pm »

Sliming yourself is super-easy. Feed one of your starter greys and once it splits, grab a purple and stick it in a new pen. If there are no purples, grow up one of the greys again. Once you have a purple, do the same for it until you have a green. Kill the green, extract it, use an empty syringe on the extract, and inject yourself with it. It only takes more than 5-6 minutes if the RNG hates you.

Ah, cool, thanks - I managed to get a purple, but that was the point at which I decided to go pet one of my other slimes and, well, it petted me back.  Hard.

It appears the alternate server is so laggy (in terms of connection, not server) for me that I can't actually play it - I get so much lag on my inputs that I keep walking into walls because it thinks I'm still holding down keys.  :(

Stupid trans-Atlantic internet.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #13779 on: January 31, 2014, 06:58:17 pm »

server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13780 on: January 31, 2014, 07:02:30 pm »

I could ask sos for the specifics of the tg box, since they don't crash nearly as much.
That said, sleepingpills has an automated script that pulls the latest code, recompiles and reboots the server.

So, you are saying that the map may be to blame for our rather problematic stability?

He meant the server, not the map.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13781 on: January 31, 2014, 08:25:26 pm »

Dammit, BS12 has a very very fun feature now. They can make custom sandwiches. With 3 food items going in per each slice of bread used. Meaning, in turn, that I managed to make a Sausage Banana Hamburger Sandwich.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13782 on: January 31, 2014, 08:28:30 pm »

Appendix appendix appendix sandwiches for everyone.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13783 on: January 31, 2014, 09:05:29 pm »

I learned two valuable lessons.

1. I'm terrible at spriting mobs.
2. Somehow I can change what I'm making without noticing it, (This was supposed to be a laser)

Spoiler: ANTAG SMG (click to show/hide)
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13784 on: January 31, 2014, 10:43:56 pm »

The Great Lag Missile Mk. Vactor of 2554.
Pages: 1 ... 917 918 [919] 920 921 ... 1654