Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119085 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13755 on: January 31, 2014, 01:06:40 pm »

Voting in the lobby may or may not cause problems. I forget if that was fixed. Voting in world is fine. Usually. byond is fickle.

Nycro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13756 on: January 31, 2014, 01:23:32 pm »

I restared the server and set up the singularty and then it got loose ... so restarted again lol

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13757 on: January 31, 2014, 03:37:58 pm »

Huuuuuuuuuurhhh.

What the hell do you people do when I'm not on that breaks the server every goddamn day?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13758 on: January 31, 2014, 04:32:40 pm »

I could ask sos for the specifics of the tg box, since they don't crash nearly as much.
That said, sleepingpills has an automated script that pulls the latest code, recompiles and reboots the server.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13759 on: January 31, 2014, 04:35:58 pm »

I've plotted the idea for a microstation, for 10 or less players. I suggest this map be used for small amounts of players or adminfuckery, if I make it.

The entire thing is built into an asteroid, Arrivals, Cargo, a Solar array, Escape, and a Mining Shuttle are the only things that aren't encased in rock.

Arrivals connects directly to a common area below it of about the same size, this area opens to a hallway, and to the side, Cargo. Cargo connects to the solars.

The hallway connects to Research, the largest part of the station, a miniscule Medbay, and Service, which is a combination bar/kitchen/hydroponics and a combined library/chapel.

Security attaches to the tiny Medbay, and is even tinier. Medbay also connects to Service (the chapel part) and a long hallway to the mining shuttle, built into the rock.

Service connects to Escape, which is a hallway containing most of the lockers normally found all over the station leading to the shuttle area.

I personally suggest this be used on 10-player Changeling (adminfuckery), 10 human Aliens (adminfuckery on 5 or so people of 15), or Syndicate Raid (sort of like Nuke Ops in that a bunch of people spawn on a ship outside the station. This requires the most work and is meant for no more than 20 people. The ship is normally a pirate derelict outside the Mining Asteroid port.

There are six lockers on the ship. One is found in a private room also containing kits to make infectious blood grenades, a Plague Doctor outfit, two Mini Uzis and ammo, and a Syndicate Bomb.

The other five lockers all contain a revolver, a speed loader, Plague Doctor outfits sans masks, and smoke grenades.

---

There's a sectioned off area of the station requiring access not normally given on the station, containing a couple of laser rifles, a couple of stunguns, a box of flashbangs, a box of handcuffs, and a couple armors.

---

The only jobs that are valid are Cook/Chef/Bartending, which really only one person should be playing but can be up to three, Chaplain + Library (one job that can be two), one RD, two Researchers, one Quartermaster, one Miner, one CMO, one Security Officer, and one Station Engineer. So yes, there needs to be some coordination- at lowest 10 fills every job, though you could potentially squeeze in 13~16 people working (clown+mime, chemist, a few other specialties).

There is no bridge, the station is evacuated on a timer. Captains spawn in the derelict room with the special locker, HoPs spawn in Security and can open the secret armoury, Assistants spawn on the derelict as "pirate mooks", everyone else spawns and dies in space immediately. It's a map we can't regularly use, of course, if I even make it, but there's something enticing about single ling rounds on a very tiny station.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13760 on: January 31, 2014, 04:41:05 pm »

You can change the jobs so that you have "service personnel","guard" and sutch without killing people needlessly.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13761 on: January 31, 2014, 04:47:28 pm »

You can change jobs and the like through maps? What happens when all jobs have maxed people? I could set Miner to like 10 cap, I guess.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13762 on: January 31, 2014, 04:49:26 pm »

When all jobs are capped then its just a assistant.

I am not positive how (probably in the map code) but I know one station has various ones.
Highly Opinionated Fool

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13763 on: January 31, 2014, 04:57:55 pm »

Trying something a bit new to me.

As xenobiologist, how do I stop my pet slimes trying to eat my precious, precious brains?  I've followed the guide(s), and have made sure that I'm in the pen when they're eating the monkeys, can see me, etc...but they still seem incredibly prone to simply stun-attacking and glomping me.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this normal?
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13764 on: January 31, 2014, 05:01:01 pm »

Turn yourself into a slime person. They they will love you forever.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13765 on: January 31, 2014, 05:02:13 pm »

Sitting in their pen is a good way to get killed, even while they're feeding. Slimes have a variable called "friend" that makes them less likely to violently assault whoever is on that list and any mob can be added as long as they're in sight. Just standing outside the pen is enough to add you to that list. Slimes will pretty much always attack you if they're starving, unless you're a slime person.

The way I do it is I clear the pen of all but my choice slime, throw in a monkey, and wait for it to grow to an adult, then throw in another. It usually splits by that point.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13766 on: January 31, 2014, 05:06:38 pm »

I am not positive how (probably in the map code) but I know one station has various ones.

It's not in the map code, taking away spawn points just messes up spawning and they start in the lobby screen. It's in the job code how many of each position there can be.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13767 on: January 31, 2014, 05:11:19 pm »

Hrm, damn. I might make a separate spawn point filled with all kinds of bullshit that you can't get in or out of without god tier dickery. Almost a micro sandbox, but no actual spawn menu.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13768 on: January 31, 2014, 05:12:42 pm »

Sitting in their pen is a good way to get killed, even while they're feeding. Slimes have a variable called "friend" that makes them less likely to violently assault whoever is on that list and any mob can be added as long as they're in sight. Just standing outside the pen is enough to add you to that list. Slimes will pretty much always attack you if they're starving, unless you're a slime person.

The way I do it is I clear the pen of all but my choice slime, throw in a monkey, and wait for it to grow to an adult, then throw in another. It usually splits by that point.

Good to know, thanks (I think the slime-person solution might be a bit beyond my ken at the moment, Neinhaus!  ;))

Another question (I'm messing around with different jobs now, so forgive the random curiosity!) - is it possible to construct and/or order additional SMESes on the station?  Didn't see anything in the construction guides about them, and the supply crates don't seem to contain SMESes or parts for them.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13769 on: January 31, 2014, 05:14:49 pm »

It's not in the map code, taking away spawn points just messes up spawning and they start in the lobby screen. It's in the job code how many of each position there can be.
Allright, that makes more sense.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 1654