Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118006 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13575 on: January 27, 2014, 04:24:43 pm »

Oooooh. Psych is a REALLY good use for the blindfold... Your patient can't close their eyes.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13576 on: January 27, 2014, 04:29:57 pm »

Maybe a few drugs not based off of mindbreaker?

I can understand why, but the implication that all of the drugs are basically LSD is bad. I like having them, but...

How about using other drugs as a base, and each base has a specific effect? The one that lowers brain function could act as a calming/sleep medication, Space Drugs could have minor, varied effects... Like this:
Space Drugs (1) + Inaprovaline (1)= Amazol = Mixed painkiller and weak stimulant, it causes short bursts of feeling good physically. While the effects are minimal on the body, the boost in confidence can be helpful.
Space Drugs (2) + Leroxin (1) =Betrol = Mixed painkiller and weak muscle relaxer, it causes a short burst of physical "fear" reactions, such as goosebumps and shortness of breath. Used to unlock "repressed memories", had debated effectiveness.
Space Drugs (1) + Sugar (1) + Lipozine (1) =Elixidol = A panacea of sorts, has little real effect other than a long-lasting release of dopamines into the system. Has a low chance of causing schizophrenia.
Impedrezene (2) + Oxygen (1) + Space Drugs (1) =Thetamine = Causes tiredness, an inability to use "harm" intention for a short time. In theory, used to make suggestibility go up during hypnosis.
Impedrezene (1) + Sleep Toxin (1) =Subluxine = Causes outright sleep, user will fade in and out of sleep/ clouded vision repeatedly. User can move while clouded, but very slowly.
Impedrezene (1) + Chloral Hydrate (1)= Remizine = Small chance to cause permanent sleep (coma), puts user in a deep, dream-rich sleep.
Impedrezene (1) + Ethylredoxrazine (1)=Zylaphine = Causes body relaxation, user is not asleep but cannot move and falls limp (rest state). Very temporary.
Impedrezene (1) + Imidazoline (1)=Truvisine = Schizophrenia treatment.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13577 on: January 27, 2014, 04:33:27 pm »

Thetamine sounds so silly OP that I want it implemented right now.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13578 on: January 27, 2014, 04:36:47 pm »

It isn't to say they can't shoot you, but they're too relaxed to actually hit you that hard. Slap at something you're holding or zombie-lunge-grab, yes, though. Pull triggers, yes. Punch? Not really.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13579 on: January 27, 2014, 04:39:02 pm »

Bar brawls or other environments where melee is practically required would be 100% pacified by a space lube/thetamine smoke grenade.

If smoke carried more than one reagent, at least.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13580 on: January 27, 2014, 04:39:59 pm »

Making your patient narcoleptic would be best if you could hear things while asleep but not be able to talk.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13581 on: January 27, 2014, 04:48:22 pm »

A lot of those are redundant:

Amazol is basically Hyperzine except it doesn't seem to actually do anything.

Betrol is pure Mindbreaker is small quantities.

Elixidol - that's just plain Space Drugs. Also that's not how you into neurotransmitters.

Thetamine - I dig the anti-Harm effect, though I wonder if it's even doable. It would be pretty neat.

Subluxine - it's just Sleep Toxin. There is no point to making Sleep Toxin from different Sleep Toxin if the effect is the exact same.

Remizine is way too damn dangerous, falling into a coma knocks you out of the round permanently, without the possibility to even observe unless you want to be unclonable.

Zylaphine has an interesting effect.

Truvisine needs to be merged with Thetamine - if we're going Hollywood Psych, spessmen would have to use totally-not-Spess Thorazine, and the effects of the two would mesh nicely.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13582 on: January 27, 2014, 05:19:47 pm »

Yeah, I'm completely open to adding more pills, my focus was on getting the job in and the basic tools for it in, nothing says I can't flesh it out more as time progresses.

Oh, and the psychologist has sleep toxin as well in his locker, so you're covered for Subluxine.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13583 on: January 27, 2014, 05:45:00 pm »

Connecting failed, noooo!
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13584 on: January 27, 2014, 05:46:02 pm »

The psychologist is actually a psychiatrist.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13585 on: January 27, 2014, 06:04:19 pm »

The psychologist is actually a psychiatrist.

We prefer the term "Space Psychologist"

:P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13586 on: January 27, 2014, 06:14:49 pm »

If we really wanted to be accurate, all the pills should have some sort of amphetamine as the base.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MrGallant210

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13587 on: January 27, 2014, 06:18:24 pm »

The one day when I have two hours to play the server is down. Wah.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:23:16 pm by MrGallant210 »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13588 on: January 27, 2014, 06:33:31 pm »

I'm wondering if Remizine should instead cause narcolepsy.

I'd love a way to induce comas, such as Chloral overdose, where the player can be brought back with some other drug.

So, Thetamine (play on Ketamine) and Truvisine (true-vision-ine) together...

Take Thetamine, drop Oxygen in favor of Imidazoline (1), schizo treatement that reduces unarmed damage to null or something and causes occasional slowness/cloudyvision. Rename it, erm... Thetasine.

Drop Amazol and Betrol, add "Space Drugs (1) + Alkysine (1) + Inidazoline (1) as a general-purpose pill. good for what ails you, and is supposed to have mild healing effects on mental problems (not complete counteraction) but work for most anything. Given for headaches, brain damage, PTSD, and mild cases of other things.

Elixidol dosen't cause rainbow sight, just the occasional message about feeling optimistic or happy about your surroundings. Maybe. Could be redundant, or merged with the above unnamed panacea pill.

Add pills to counteract diseases, that stop a certain thing (decongesine = no more stuffy nose?) if possible, give to virologists?

Give the Psych a medical records computer.

I guess have some feasible conditions you have a small chance of spawning with? Like, a bunch of conditions with overlapping symptoms. Schizophrenia would be old mindbreaker all day every day, just much slower. Every now and then some horrible beast or other person comes out of nowhere and beats you, HUD warnings and health fluctuate, but you DON'T have any physical trauma from it (no sleep, stun, etc.)

I'd like Psych to remain mostly RP, but also have a few things they can legitimately cure. On an earlier round, I was playing as Pacifist!Derya, who will not resort to violence unless under extreme duress. She was a traitor who had to kill the Detective.

So at the start of the round I shot up with like 30u of Mindbreaker. I claimed to have "been trying to mix Inaprovaline", but the real fun was beginning. I set about making things for whoever came by, also working on various grenades and four "Disabler" syringes + the gun. (10u Chloral, 5u Mindbreaker, it's a pretty good thing to have.)

I then found the detective. Derya still didn't want to attack, so she went into a dialogue about what the Detective was doing, then tried to hand him the syringe gun. When he said he didn't want it, she started wandering off topic before ending with "sorry", disabling him with the syringe, and proceeding to use the three grenades to try and kill him. First acid, then wall off the most likely hallway someone would come down with metal foam, then lube the floor when someone actually walked by. Panicked and more than a little afraid, she gave into the "voices" she'd been hearing ever since landing on the station, and did everything to ensure the Detective remained dead. He would up being her downfall, while naked.

Derya wasn't full insane yet. She wasn't all there, screaming about "how she was going to Valhalla" and "They won't shut up, whispers becoming screams". The HoS stabbed her with one of her own Disabler syringes, giving her yet more mindbreaker. Now freaking out from the "voices" and begging for death, she was flung into space.

Oh, and then the researcher blew up the entire fucking station, then I was resurrected as a parrot, twice. Both times, I tried to break out of any available window or airlock and fling myself into space, but that's beside the point. (Also, parrots can break through windows with grates in like one fourth the time a human can, go figure.)

---

Let's imagine the Psych was around, and the DEATH RESEARCHER wasn't. (Damn good show, if they're here.) This means Derya would have likely been in jail, gibbering like mad, and the Psych could do everything to help her with the voices, the mindbreaker's aftereffects (LSD flashbacks are a thing, and some people who take it irreversibly change personality), and the PTSD of her still-sane portion of brain that was all "Oh fuck, I killed a guy."

I don't want to take that level of RP out, even if it makes the job nothing but handing out mostly placebo pills. However, I don't think we need a science chaplain, either. He should have some legitimate things to do, even if they're rare to see.

Oh, I'm trying to do a "story from 40+ points of view" with SS13. I'm currently designing the character archetypes- 45 of them, including silicons. I still have to determine station layout, overall events or arcs, who's a traitor and who isn't, who's got fun stuff and who dosen't, what everyone looks like, and more names. I'd prefer not to do self-inserts except for the -one- of my current Derya Levni, simply because she's easy to do as right now she's nothing but a character concept anyway. You can pitch expies at me, or just say "here's how I RP this guy, here's the name I use and my favorite job" and I'll either change the name or decide you're memorable enough from my playings of SS13 to include you wholesale. Note this isn't about our station, so if this happens and I do post the megacompilation of short stories, don't be too mad if I do something your character wouldn't do.

Right now, everyone will have three physical traits and three defining character traits. Derya, for example, is "Pacifist, Shy, Devoted." Translation: She harms others as little as possible, she avoids public gatherings at least somewhat, and she puts her job first. This is my general rule for playing anything but Security!Derya or Traitor!Derya. Security Derya is always Detective and thinks she's in a seedy movie where all the bad guys are always in the bar, and Traitor!Derya is sometimes a bumbling idiot, always packaged with hidden psychosis. Pacifist does it's best to shine through, Shy is inverted in Security's case, and often Devoted is inverted in Traitor's case.

You don't have to boil your character ideas down that far. I currently have a prospective Warden, Detective, Officer (1 of 3), CE, CMO, Chef, Botanist, Janitor (1 of 2), Chemist (1 of 2), and Roboticist, but I will change these out if someone has a good character for a certain position. Roboticist and CMO are less likely to change, but again, everything is pretty liquid right now, as this is early planning.

PM me if you've got something really in depth, otherwise, I read this thread constantly so.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13589 on: January 27, 2014, 06:33:50 pm »

And I thought I could be smarter than the lag.

THE LAG IS INSURMOUNTABLE.
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1654