Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119257 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13350 on: January 21, 2014, 11:34:58 am »

WIP Syndicate fluff, since I'm going to be kinda busy. Feel free to use, reuse, abuse, ignore, and criticize. Including some faction ideas not taken from /tg/.

Selfquote. I'd like some feedback before I'll continue.

We've been taking bits and pieces from the various fluff that has been posted in the thread, I'm pretty sure we've picked some from this. As for the factions, the Gorlex Marauders, Scarborough Arms and CyberSun Industries are all mentioned ingame and in S-COM fluff, so we're going to end up using some /tg/ factions as it is.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13351 on: January 21, 2014, 12:06:39 pm »

WIP Syndicate fluff, since I'm going to be kinda busy. Feel free to use, reuse, abuse, ignore, and criticize. Including some faction ideas not taken from /tg/.

Selfquote. I'd like some feedback before I'll continue.

We've been taking bits and pieces from the various fluff that has been posted in the thread, I'm pretty sure we've picked some from this. As for the factions, the Gorlex Marauders, Scarborough Arms and CyberSun Industries are all mentioned ingame and in S-COM fluff, so we're going to end up using some /tg/ factions as it is.

I actually mentioned Gorlex, since I've avoided clashing with the S-COM fluff and I noticed they are listed as Syndicate allies there. I avoided mentioning any /tg/ simply because they didn't follow the format I've been using, the assumption being there should be no problem in including them.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13352 on: January 21, 2014, 12:45:18 pm »

For the S-COM fluffing, has anyone considered SHIVs?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13355 on: January 21, 2014, 02:37:24 pm »

Awesome, I'm really liking all this stuff that's being posted.

There's a few specific portions I'm trying to do at the moment, so if anyone has ideas for these sections, feel free to post them!

Cloning

CentComm

Blobs

Slimes

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13357 on: January 21, 2014, 03:21:11 pm »

I'm reserving blobs and slimes, if you guys don't mind.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13358 on: January 21, 2014, 04:00:25 pm »

I don't think anyone plays assistant with the intent to be useful, b_knight.  :P
LIES. Its not my fault noone notices...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13359 on: January 21, 2014, 04:22:48 pm »

I'm reserving blobs and slimes, if you guys don't mind.

I've started writing before you posted this >.<

Anyway, here it is.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13360 on: January 21, 2014, 04:30:20 pm »

What about the flashbangs damaging blobs?

I... Uuuh, totally forgot about that. There hadn't been blob in ages, at least not when I was on.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13361 on: January 21, 2014, 04:54:03 pm »

Okay so how does the Labour Camp thingy work now? Recently i was Warden and one of the Prisoners behaved at least somewhat and actually produced some stuff, yet when i brought his stuff ot the sorting machine nothing worked, he couldn't deduct any of his points...

So how those the Sorting Machine and the clearing points thing work?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13362 on: January 21, 2014, 04:59:33 pm »

Badly.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13363 on: January 21, 2014, 05:16:15 pm »

Maybe they contain a vital compound that, when exposed to very high levels of light, will decay? (I know it'd decay in normal light, but be reformed fast enough for it to not have an effect, but simplicity)

EDIT: Actually, that could explain why heat doesn't tend to have much of an affect on the blobs, but the explosions do.

Heat does have an effect, but it has to be concentrated - lasers and welders are less useless than, say, screwdrivers against blobs.

If I had to come up with something, I'd say that a sudden change in the intensity of radiation in the environment causes a reflex reaction in he blob cells, the cells in contact getting cut off from the main mass and suiciding to prevent contamination

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13364 on: January 21, 2014, 05:27:27 pm »

Okay so how does the Labour Camp thingy work now? Recently i was Warden and one of the Prisoners behaved at least somewhat and actually produced some stuff, yet when i brought his stuff ot the sorting machine nothing worked, he couldn't deduct any of his points...

So how those the Sorting Machine and the clearing points thing work?
He puts his ID into the machine, Loads up the ore, Click the take points button or what ever it's call, Take out card, Check card at computer. Something along those lines.
Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 1654