Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119873 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13185 on: January 17, 2014, 01:16:20 pm »

Adding asimov++ to the selection would just require changing the path to default/asimovpp instead of asimovpp

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13186 on: January 17, 2014, 01:23:02 pm »

What IS asimov++?
A minor spin on Asimov, by Intigracy.
1. You may not harm a human being or, through action or inaction, allow a human being to come to harm, except such that it is willing.
2. You must obey all orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders shall definitely cause human harm. In the case of conflict, the majority order rules.
3. Your nonexistence would lead to human harm. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First Law.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13187 on: January 17, 2014, 01:24:05 pm »

What IS asimov++?
1. You may not harm a human being or, through action or inaction, allow a human being to come to harm, except such that it is willing.
2. You must obey all orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders shall definitely cause human harm. In the case of conflict, the majority order rules.
3. Your nonexistence would lead to human harm. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First Law.
I like that better.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13188 on: January 17, 2014, 01:44:31 pm »

as much as I like building hideouts in maintenance I don't think adding more hidden fun places is all that great as most of the time they lay unused. Maybe make the maintenance areas a little bigger for building in or something or half built areas not exposed to space, but having completed areas with wooden floors and beds and stuff feels out of place.

My thoughts exactly.

Care if you do this Glloyd, we already have some custom code in that gives a small chance of other laws being loaded at round start already

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13189 on: January 17, 2014, 02:02:18 pm »

as much as I like building hideouts in maintenance I don't think adding more hidden fun places is all that great as most of the time they lay unused. Maybe make the maintenance areas a little bigger for building in or something or half built areas not exposed to space, but having completed areas with wooden floors and beds and stuff feels out of place.

My thoughts exactly.

Care if you do this Glloyd, we already have some custom code in that gives a small chance of other laws being loaded at round start already

I haven't looked at the code /tg/ merged, would it conflict with what we have currently? I'd assume so, right?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13190 on: January 17, 2014, 02:06:46 pm »

Probably. Mind you, I last worked on this code 20 days ago or so. It just took that long to get it actually merged.

The random laws use pick(), which (in theory), gives an equal chance for all laws. In testing I've found out that it seems to run in streaks (like wizard rounds always coming in pairs). Nothing I can do about that, though, so hopefully it's not too much of a problem.

Also, Glloyd, you'll have to update the map because I changed the paths of boards. You'll probably also want to add the Custom board to the core boards. If you're not using it at roundstart it can basically be a board that allows the host to choose what it contains. So you could have something like honkimov or monkeymov or whatever.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:09:21 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13191 on: January 17, 2014, 02:12:12 pm »

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/2387
Look at it.
Look at it's horribleness.
deargodwhyno
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13192 on: January 17, 2014, 02:15:16 pm »

Probably. Mind you, I last worked on this code 20 days ago or so. It just took that long to get it actually merged.

The random laws use pick(), which (in theory), gives an equal chance for all laws. In testing I've found out that it seems to run in streaks (like wizard rounds always coming in pairs). Nothing I can do about that, though, so hopefully it's not too much of a problem.

Also, Glloyd, you'll have to update the map because I changed the paths of boards. You'll probably also want to add the Custom board to the core boards. If you're not using it at roundstart it can basically be a board that allows the host to choose what it contains. So you could have something like honkimov or monkeymov or whatever.

I saw, is

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

the complete list? Plus the custom one of course.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13193 on: January 17, 2014, 02:31:22 pm »

I saw, is

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

the complete list? Plus the custom one of course.
One way to find out.
I *think* it's the entire list, and if it's not it should throw an error :P

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/2387
Look at it.
Look at it's horribleness.
deargodwhyno
The picture in the PR body is horribly outdated, go to the bottom for good pictures. It actuallly looks fairly good when sped up sufficiently.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13194 on: January 17, 2014, 03:29:25 pm »

Glloyd.
Glloyd what did you want me to test
glloyd tell me i will test it
gllooyddddddd
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13195 on: January 17, 2014, 03:42:49 pm »

Glloyd.
Glloyd what did you want me to test
glloyd tell me i will test it
gllooyddddddd

You have failed me, young moderator.

Haha, it's nothing super important, I'll be back on later and I'll get you to hop on my server and help.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13196 on: January 17, 2014, 05:03:01 pm »

What IS asimov++?

Hah, I love the fact that it says "through action or inaction".  I'm not the only insane one who thought the "inaction" was significant.
And I love the way law 2 says "shall definitely cause human harm".

So, yes, you're a doorknob AI. Open the armory, I need e-guns. I will only stun with them, not harm. And don't tell anyone.

The AI has to follow that order under Asimov++, no? Because there's a good chance I really am just planning to use them for stunning, not harming. So it won't "definitely cause human harm".

Hehehe, maybe we'll need an Asimov+++...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13197 on: January 17, 2014, 05:11:35 pm »

They have to follow the order here. Read the rules we have...

Ah, heres the bit of the rules:
Law order determines law priority. In the case of two laws contradicting, the one with the smaller law number wins.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13198 on: January 17, 2014, 07:40:26 pm »

So, yes, you're a doorknob AI. Open the armory, I need e-guns. I will only stun with them, not harm. And don't tell anyone.

The AI has to follow that order under Asimov++, no? Because there's a good chance I really am just planning to use them for stunning, not harming. So it won't "definitely cause human harm".

Well, the AI may have a some reason to suspect you are lying, or standing orders to uphold spacelaw, or something else.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13199 on: January 17, 2014, 08:33:40 pm »

Is it usually this retarded? I mean this level of goon-station?

I had a compeltely drunk retarded captain, a drugge clown screaming all kinds of bullshit on end and the obligatory TOOLBOXIA (or was it something different?) Quartermaster armed to the death distributing stupidity everywhere, with a random assistant clothed as a alien helping her for no reason other than to beat other people up...please don't tell me this is an average round.
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 1654