Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119930 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13155 on: January 16, 2014, 05:53:41 pm »

And new map area(?) for oggoling. I still have to add air, but I hate air. Also the areas...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Its between the turbine and perma, and contains the three venders, the minimoog, a random lipstick, a sundress, a red tie, the blue law-suit, a twoheaded coin, a fem-black jumpsuit and green glasses. I think the APCs are right.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13156 on: January 16, 2014, 05:57:33 pm »

pixel_y pixel_x are your friends, Aseaheru. Usually used are multiples of 16 in both positive and negative integers.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13157 on: January 16, 2014, 05:57:58 pm »

And new map area(?) for oggoling. I still have to add air, but I hate air. Also the areas...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Its between the turbine and perma, and contains the three venders, the minimoog, a random lipstick, a sundress, a red tie, the blue law-suit, a twoheaded coin, a fem-black jumpsuit and green glasses. I think the APCs are right.

So many APC's....

All of which are completely unnecessary, because maint locations are added as part of the maint /area/. Piping is also unnecessary because it's a maint area. Finally, I don't really get the point to this.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13158 on: January 16, 2014, 06:01:09 pm »

Who exactly said he hasn't decided to make that room and the bedrooms their own areas...?

I don't know why, but he could have. Personally I'd make the whole room offshoot its own area but differing ideas of map design ho :v

Still, you do only need one APC per area.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13159 on: January 16, 2014, 06:02:56 pm »

Personally I'd make the whole room offshoot its own area but differing ideas of map design ho :v

That's definitely one way to do it, it'd just be strange having a secret maint area show up on the power moniter, don't you think?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13160 on: January 16, 2014, 06:08:33 pm »

What kind of secret maint area is it? Secret crew quarters?

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13161 on: January 16, 2014, 06:12:25 pm »

I am just going to guess, but with the fact of a sundress and other clothes, it may be for something a little more... kinky.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13162 on: January 16, 2014, 06:12:51 pm »

Personally I'd make the whole room offshoot its own area but differing ideas of map design ho :v

That's definitely one way to do it, it'd just be strange having a secret maint area show up on the power moniter, don't you think?

secret = 1 in area definitions.

Admittedly, such a thing is not really a thing in /tg/, but it would be a mean of excluding areas from power monitors and air area alarms while still providing them with dedicated service. You might as well consider it as talking out of my ass though - I'd be glad to throw it at the codebase but git has a known tendency to make my blood boil and the snippets of stuff I previously threw at coders who knew how to do things never got there either :v

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13163 on: January 16, 2014, 06:16:43 pm »

You can put vents in areas without air alarms and they'll work fine. The only issues are that you can't change their settings at all without an alarm being built first and they'll never stop pumping gas (i.e.: plasma) unless you weld them shut. Metastation has a few of these rogue vents in seemingly random, empty rooms throughout maintenance.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13164 on: January 16, 2014, 06:22:46 pm »

That sounds exciting!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13165 on: January 16, 2014, 06:53:26 pm »

Yeah, I dunno if the area is necessary though, especially if its intent is something like this:

I am just going to guess, but with the fact of a sundress and other clothes, it may be for something a little more... kinky.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13166 on: January 16, 2014, 08:03:16 pm »

No, its not really kinky, and its gone now.

Thanks for the info on the APCs, and it was really just because that area looked a bit sparse. That said, the aft port soars are really bugging me now, what with where they are and all.

Glloyd, would you mind if I see what they look like if moved a bit farther out some, and perhaps rotated?
Highly Opinionated Fool

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13167 on: January 16, 2014, 08:06:23 pm »

Needs a Madame.

And no it wasn't sparse there. It's a good spot for Cargonia to take over for a solar array.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13168 on: January 16, 2014, 08:34:04 pm »

Well, now you might get a madame. It depends on if Glloyd lets me see what happens if that solar gets moved.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13169 on: January 16, 2014, 08:43:59 pm »

I don't think it's really that necessary, we need SOME space for intrepid people (Cargonians) to build new and exciting things. and I also don't want that solar moved.

No madames, this is an ERP free server.
Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 1654