Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 858 859 [860] 861 862 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118867 times)

MrGallant210

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #12885 on: January 06, 2014, 11:46:44 pm »

I will probably never be a slaver again, cuz everyone except Vlad hates you and gang rapes you.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12886 on: January 06, 2014, 11:48:32 pm »

Seriously, can anyone else connect to it? I can't.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12887 on: January 06, 2014, 11:53:21 pm »

Nooope.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12888 on: January 06, 2014, 11:56:53 pm »

Sometimes there really just has to be self-made antagonists. Although I think that you would have had better luck forming a raider gang. Since no one in their right state of mind would buy off a slaver since you can't really make them work for you.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12889 on: January 06, 2014, 11:58:50 pm »

Buy, free them to join the NNR!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12890 on: January 07, 2014, 12:05:18 am »

I will probably never be a slaver again, cuz everyone except Vlad hates you and gang rapes you.

It is business, no?

It puts the bacon on table.

* Iceblaster doesn't hold the same view of Slavery in real life

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12891 on: January 07, 2014, 12:07:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
... the server is still up and alive on the Fallout round? Because it is.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12892 on: January 07, 2014, 12:10:09 am »

THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12893 on: January 07, 2014, 12:15:22 am »

IT'S ALIVE, I'M ON. STORY RESUMES FROM WHERE WE LEFT OFF!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12894 on: January 07, 2014, 01:54:11 am »

Alex Winter, former member of the Enclave, was cursed with Chronic Backstabbing Disorder.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12895 on: January 07, 2014, 02:41:41 am »

For posterity,

War, war never changes.

The people who fight them, the reasons for which they are fought and the weapons they are fought with may change, but war itself never changes.
50 years ago, the bombs hit Nanotrasen stations all across the Tau Ceti sector. Within instants, hundreds of thousands died, and the supply lines crippled. One by one, outposts went silent across the galaxy...

Yet humanity lived on. Some survived by hiding in giant metallic Space Vaults scattered across the galaxy, built by Nanotrasen in the case of all out war. Some managed to survive by luck, and have somehow eked out a living among the barren wastes of the space hulks...

The year is 2577. On this day, the reactor fueling your vault malfunctioned. There was no hope, the Vault had to be abandoned as toxic fumes and fires coursed down the hallways of your home. Now, you must take everything you can carry, and take the last shuttle out to the wastes. There you must survive among the wreckage, if you can...

((In here was the game, just over four hours long, the following is the outro, with the final events written up as well for those who had to leave))

As the last of Caesar's men fell before Alejandra and Alexa, the founders of the New Nanotrasen Republic,  the great Caesar trembled, hiding in the bathroom. After a last ditch fight, Caesar was captured, and would be forced to stand trial. However, Caesar had one last trick up his sleeve...

Joe the Trader had lined the Prison with high grade explosives, in the case of emergency or hostile takeover. It did not help him, but it did aid Caesar. With his dying breaths, he cursed the NNR and those who had brought him down. As the bombs ticked down, Caesar shuddered one last time, passing on right as fire began to envelope his fortess...

Yet despite the destruction of Joe's stash, and the deaths of many NNR members, it was not the end for the New Nanotrasen Republic. They would continue to grow under the strong leadership of Alexa and Alejandra. Of course conflict arose, but mostly with bandit groups, raiders, slavers and ghouls, none as deadly as Caesars Legion. However, tales of another deadly force, this time of mutants, grew in the east. Everyone would be scared of war with these beasts, scared of more battles, more death...

But in the end, war never changes...

((Sequel? Find out next time...))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:44:42 am by Glloyd »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12896 on: January 07, 2014, 03:37:57 am »

One of the reason Fallout rounds are so interesting is because people are expected to be full-blown self-made antagonists, which is something that happens in no regular round. Short of running around gunning down everyone in sight, you can do what you want. All the Fallout rounds, as much as I can remember, have boiled down to the major "good" faction (NNR, that nameless union of all surviving crewmen from the last round) vs. the major "evil" faction (The Enclave, Caesar's Legion). It'd be really interesting to see a couple, smaller groups of raiders/slavers/whatever running around while those two big players are at each other's throats, or even a Fallout round with just a bunch of these small groups against each other and no major players to speak of. With that in mind...

Sometimes there really just has to be self-made antagonists. Although I think that you would have had better luck forming a raider gang. Since no one in their right state of mind would buy off a slaver since you can't really make them work for you.
I actually put some thought into this while I was in the shower. The way to solve Gallant's problem is to obviously find more slavers to roll with you, since a three-man band will make even large groups think twice about attacking you. Taking down even two people does not double the difficulty from taking down one person; rather, it goes up exponentially as the number of targets to keep down increases v. the number of guns that can be firing at once. In the time it takes for one person to stun another, their buddy may draw their own gun and shoot you, or dive for cover. Hopefully, we can end up with more slave-taking raiders with the method I'm about to say...

The idea is to ask an admin to spawn some C4 for you when you start the round and decide to be a slaver. After you have a pile of explosives, find twice the number of signalers and a screwdriver. Tune two of these signalers to a ridiculous frequency that is next to impossible to hit by chance and screw open the C4, attaching one signaler to it. Find your victim, stun, cuff, take to a hopefully safe surgical area. Put on anesthetic (fun fact: you can stand up from a surgical table, even with cuffs on) and perform a cavity implant, putting the C4 in them. Make sure you inform both the slave and the buyer of this. When you make the deal with the buyer, give them the matching signaler (you DID make a note in your notes/PDA about who is connected to what signal, right?) as insurance. If the slave tries to escape, press the button and BOOM! They are now a pile of gore.

This is functionally the same as the bomb collars from Fallout. A situation like this would be bad enough in a normal round that starts with a functional cloning bay. Since you have the power to throw someone from the round with a single button press, they'll likely take this seriously. IC-ly, the same reason exists (except the "round" is life) and they should listen to whoever holds the signaler, with the whole "fear of death" and all. There's only a few ways around this: Get the person scanned in a cloner, which likely won't exist in a Fallout round unless there's some seriously organized people, draw their blood and get the stuff for a replica pod, which is also unlikely, or surgically remove the bomb. Aside from those, this is foolproof. Slavers and slave owners now have a way to make their slaves behave.

If you do this, you should be capable of not being a massive dick and taking them as a slave, putting the bomb in, and buckling them to a chair without speaking to them for the long time until you can find a buyer. As a slaver, or a raider, or anyone, really, you should be able to roleplay in an interesting manner, especially with an extreme method like that. Pressing the button should not be taken lightly, of course, as you'll put someone out of the round (most likely for good) that way. Pulled off correctly, being and interacting with a slaver and their slave(s) can be very fun.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12897 on: January 07, 2014, 10:33:23 am »

Whenever I read this stuff I think that I should be online more.

THEN I REMEMBER THAT THE SERVER IS ALWAYS EMPTY WHEN IM ON AND THE ONLY INTERESTING ROUNDS HAPPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12898 on: January 07, 2014, 11:33:44 am »

BTW, there's a PR up that lets people in crit whisper once but it kills them instantly, for more movie-like things.
(and for saying "u suk" to the person that killed you, obviously.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12899 on: January 07, 2014, 11:38:18 am »

BTW, there's a PR up that lets people in crit whisper once but it kills them instantly, for more movie-like things.
(and for saying "u suk" to the person that killed you, obviously.)
Ahem.
yessssssss
yessssssssssssssssssss
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
SS13: Soap Opera Edition.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis
Pages: 1 ... 858 859 [860] 861 862 ... 1654