Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121615 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #12270 on: December 04, 2013, 02:14:25 pm »

I was being facetious when I mentioned cracking Escape with a bomb. Mostly.

That's why I seal the Escape doors first, then all but one of the shuttle airlocks. I can post up with a gun at the doors and warn/shoot people off until there's only a minute or so left, then go through the open airlock and seal it behind me. Also of note: you can stack two of the boxes in Escape to block off an attempt to burn through the walls.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12271 on: December 04, 2013, 02:39:31 pm »

Yet again chemistry is the best at space, because you could hypothetically plant a remote mine and then seal the doors, or seal both sets and leave a remote mine in one of the hallways. Threaten them, and if they're ballsy enough to come after you, you don't have to get your hands dirty that quickly.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12272 on: December 04, 2013, 02:51:53 pm »

Luckily, doors are immune to thermite. The RCD can be used to take one apart for only ten units, though, so be wary. If you have a welder, energy sword, energy gun, or some other strong weapon/multiple people, you could also bash open the window in the escape airlock and then the shuttle, hopefully without dying to the void. Connecting oxygen first gives you a very good chance of making it in before going critical, but you'll probably be killed after you get on. Blowing up escape and the hallway leading to it after announcing your intentions could work. Make it unsafe for everyone without a suit to cross, kill everyone who dares. Not even the suicidally overconfident human wave of crewmen could beat the void. I think Bd managed to hijack the shuttle by blasting Metastation's escape off the map with a gargantuan uncapped bomb he built.

Also: Using a bomb to crack escape without a really, really good reason will most likely result in you being yelled at by the admins.

Well, breaking the window will only get you to the shuttle wall. You can't break those, right?

If you want to get into the shuttle without dismantling a door, you have to get in through space.

Let me clarify what I mean. I call the shuttle. When there's 5 minutes left until it arrives, I head over to escape, and cut the door bolt light, and door bolt wires on all but 1 of the external escape doors. Then I go out the last one, and seal that behind me, then I hang out in space until the shuttle gets there.

Once the shuttle arrives, I spacewalk my way to the top of it, then undo a window, resealing it behind me.

This leaves me in a fully sealed shuttle, and means to get to me the crew will need to A. Dismantle a door, or B. Suit up and do the same thing I did, except now there's someone with a gun while they try to get in through a one tile wide window.

Planting a bomb at escape to blow up the crew while they try to break into the shuttle would probably be overkill, but I might do it sometime for the evulz...

I could only imaging that if e-mags sent the shuttle right away again, this would be a virtually guaranteed shuttle steal.

Stealing the RCDs is sounding like a good idea before you start this process, then I guess you could throw some Rwalls up in front of the escape doors to foil the crew even more.  Let the chemists think they're so cool while they thermite your Rwall, then laugh as they can't get through the airlock right behind it.

My point is that stealing the shuttle is not impossible, but you have to assume the crew is going to act like a bunch of lemmings trying to get onto that shuttle.
Although really, your plan as antag should never depend on the crew acting like rational human beings.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12273 on: December 04, 2013, 03:22:47 pm »

I forgot about the brig, too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's a couple ways you could get on. Smash the window between the boarding doors, as I described earlier, then go for the doors on the shuttle. If those are sealed, bash down the shuttle brig windows. Of course, you should be hosing them with laser fire if they're that close and you have a good chance of killing them all if you have enough weapons. Aside from that, the only way on without hitting a door is through space, like you mentioned. A bomb could be used to blast down a door or a window, though shuttle walls and floors are utterly indestructible in the face of all except Lord Singuloth and the badmins.

Man, we're shooting ourselves in the foot with all this discussion on how to board the shuttle a traitor is hijacking. :P

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12274 on: December 04, 2013, 03:55:51 pm »

I seem to be unable to log in.

This displeases me.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12275 on: December 04, 2013, 03:56:13 pm »

I know...

It's worked for me like 3 times in a row now, but I completely forgot about that middle window there.

Anyway, I think I've laid out a good enough basic plan to steal the shuttle with hardsuit, insulated gloves, and wirecutters/screwdriver/crowbar.
Please improve/modify it as you will for your particular playstyle.

And if the shuttle console gets fixed, it'll mean you only have to wait a few seconds once you're on the shuttle, instead of 3 minutes.

HIJACK THE SHUTTLE ALONE IS OP! NERF PLZ
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 04:08:44 pm by Damiac »

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #12276 on: December 04, 2013, 06:50:04 pm »

Server is back up, and the database should be working now.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12277 on: December 04, 2013, 06:54:14 pm »

and the database should be working now.
Yay!

MrGallant210

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12278 on: December 04, 2013, 06:56:57 pm »

Maybe now I will finish that book.

MrGallant210

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12279 on: December 04, 2013, 07:18:34 pm »

Come on did it go down again? Or is my internet just dumb?

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12280 on: December 04, 2013, 07:18:59 pm »

Is it me, or did it crash 15 seconds to round start?  Finally get enough people, and...

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12281 on: December 04, 2013, 07:19:22 pm »

I think it crashed. My router didn't crash anyways.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12282 on: December 04, 2013, 07:19:39 pm »

Back up again. Huh.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12283 on: December 04, 2013, 07:19:50 pm »

Edit: Nevermind
Edit: Edit: I can't connect still, huh.

- Stop posting so fast, I'm trying to get a word in here :P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:22:06 pm by Nightscar982 »
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12284 on: December 04, 2013, 07:21:10 pm »

And down again halfway through the adds.
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 1654