Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121841 times)

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #12255 on: December 03, 2013, 05:34:34 pm »

Jenses specs look terrible  :-\
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12256 on: December 03, 2013, 06:56:59 pm »

So there's some really cool pull requests in the works for /tg/, including one that brings cards using a variation of our code and sprites, so I'm going to wait a couple days until some of those get pulled before merging again. Once I do, cybernetic limb Station 13?

Hell yes please. I've been hoping for robotic limbs for so long.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12257 on: December 03, 2013, 07:00:23 pm »

Jenses specs look terrible  :-\
What is this means.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12258 on: December 03, 2013, 07:08:08 pm »

So there's some really cool pull requests in the works for /tg/, including one that brings cards using a variation of our code and sprites, so I'm going to wait a couple days until some of those get pulled before merging again. Once I do, cybernetic limb Station 13?

Hell yes please. I've been hoping for robotic limbs for so long.

Get ready then.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12259 on: December 03, 2013, 07:12:08 pm »

Please tell me Robotics will be 100% involved.
Rob went offline about 30 minutes ago so I can't ask, But most likely.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12260 on: December 03, 2013, 07:40:13 pm »

Science and Medical will be working more together? Dare I say, hand in hand?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12261 on: December 03, 2013, 07:49:57 pm »

Damn, you had to sprite all that?  :o I'm getting very excited.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #12262 on: December 03, 2013, 08:06:10 pm »

I can finally be a detective with robotic body parts.

I totally fucking asked for this.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12263 on: December 03, 2013, 08:58:00 pm »

Spoiler: Images and such (click to show/hide)

.....why no lizard people?  I want Terminator Zemo...

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12264 on: December 03, 2013, 08:59:05 pm »

There are lizard people. Second to last, dark green.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12265 on: December 03, 2013, 09:12:29 pm »

There are lizard people. Second to last, dark green.
That's Hulk...
I was told that I didn't have to do lizard.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12266 on: December 04, 2013, 06:42:07 am »

You probably should, what with staffs of change and all. But hey, it's your time :P

Also you can say html into a tape recorder and then print a transcript to get papers with clown.wmv embedded :)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12267 on: December 04, 2013, 08:04:40 am »

TAPE RECORDER BASED SINGULOSPAM EXPLOIT INBOUNDS

Calling it.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12268 on: December 04, 2013, 09:23:40 am »

I usually pretend to have the escape alone objective any time I'm traitor.  I can pull it off most of the time, the real trick is making sure people DON'T realize you're stealing the shuttle until it's already arrived.  I've pulled this off even with the new shuttle bug (I have to say, it's really nice knowing the shuttle won't just take off suddenly now, maybe when they fix it it should just reduce timer to 1 minute instead of 10 sec).

The trick is to realize that doors can be completely disabled (Although they can still be destroyed with the right tools).  Disable the escape doors, and now all you have to do is worry about someone getting in through space.  However the number of hardsuits on the station is much lower than the number of suicidally overconfident assistants, so it certainly helps.

Advanced traitors could try to get rid of some of those hardsuits to lower the amount of opposition available.

It's pretty illogical, but whenever someone says to stay away from escape, if I have any ability to fight, I'm going to try to get on that shuttle...

Not quite. By far the easiest way to get into a sealed escape is to burn through the wall from the closet just below it. If you've got any sense all it takes is a splash of thermite, and the poor man's version only requires a welder and wrench. Or if you're me, a cap bomb dropped outside Escape and a hardsuit to clean up the mess afterwards.

Don't be silly. Sealing off escape isn't worth your time. You seal off the doors that lead to the shuttle. Meaning yes, you will need to board the shuttle from space.  But so will everyone else, and you have a head start before they realize those doors aren't going to work.

Maybe sealing off escape isn't a terrible idea as an initial measure, but there are a lot of regular walls leading in, so someone with a welder and wrench, or thermite as you pointed out, can easily break in.  And if you make it obvious you're trying to seal escape, people are more likely to grab hardsuits and be ready to break into the shuttle from space. But if you can do it without people noticing, they'll waste that time breaking into escape only to find the doors out to the shuttle don't work.

Standard door destruction techniques will still work of course, but disabled doors are much harder to get rid of than walls or windows.  This worked fine for me last night, I laughed for three minutes as the crew desperately tried to unbolt the doors, then the shuttle took off without them.  If you could e-mag the shuttle again, this would really be too easy, in my opinion.

Does thermite work on doors?

EDIT: I suppose a bomb might work, but it wouldn't make any sense for a non-antag to explode escape and some of the shuttle with a bomb just to get to the shuttle, when doing so would probably render it unusable for most of the crew.  A good idea if there are two different antags trying to steal the shuttle though.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:53:26 pm by Damiac »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12269 on: December 04, 2013, 02:09:06 pm »

Luckily, doors are immune to thermite. The RCD can be used to take one apart for only ten units, though, so be wary. If you have a welder, energy sword, energy gun, or some other strong weapon/multiple people, you could also bash open the window in the escape airlock and then the shuttle, hopefully without dying to the void. Connecting oxygen first gives you a very good chance of making it in before going critical, but you'll probably be killed after you get on. Blowing up escape and the hallway leading to it after announcing your intentions could work. Make it unsafe for everyone without a suit to cross, kill everyone who dares. Not even the suicidally overconfident human wave of crewmen could beat the void. I think Bd managed to hijack the shuttle by blasting Metastation's escape off the map with a gargantuan uncapped bomb he built.

Also: Using a bomb to crack escape without a really, really good reason will most likely result in you being yelled at by the admins.
Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 1654