Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121733 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #12195 on: December 01, 2013, 12:56:53 pm »

I'm just thinking aloud here. I mean, not "aloud" but ... "in type" I guess.

We really need a Urist McStation Code of Conduct page. I mean, we have the Rules and all, but our roleplay style is kinda eclectic, and it would help to consolidate all of that. Some topics for inclusion:
How to antag w/o being called a griefer
How to nonantag w/o acting like an antag
Acceptable interpretations of the Asimov Laws (I suggest we include three or four options and ask people to be consistent with which set they are following, so when there is a question, an AI can simply say: Set four. Or something.)
Recommended jobs for given populations. (low round? heads and engies. High round? heads only if you know what you are doing ... stuff like that)
Space Law and its application for this server
Who knows what about who: identifying antags and their shit.
Adminfuckery: what you need to know to survive the coming Apocalypse. (i.e. don't immediately shot all nonemployee creatures and people that come aboard: they might be friendly.)
So you messed up. What now? How to get unjobbanned.
So you REALLY messed up, what now? Guide to moderating. (this one's for me)
So you've incurred the wrath of the gods: what to do if you've been permabanned. (a decidedly short page).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12196 on: December 01, 2013, 01:25:01 pm »

pastebin it, link it in the motd.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12197 on: December 01, 2013, 01:27:32 pm »

I suggest for Hans' section if the admin's get their own thing, make it just say 'Hans' :P

Anyway, after satisfying his ego, I do like this idea.

Make it more fun.

Also, I'm not dead anymore :P

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12198 on: December 01, 2013, 01:33:09 pm »

Server is updated and back up

Does that mean we get cyborg limbs! Holy shit yes thanks Vactor!

Not yet, I delayed updating a bit to wait for some more pull requests to go through. Next time he updates, we'll have them. But we do have everything added over the last month now up to a week ago, and a bunch of new map updates thanks to J/L.

I'm just thinking aloud here. I mean, not "aloud" but ... "in type" I guess.

We really need a Urist McStation Code of Conduct page. I mean, we have the Rules and all, but our roleplay style is kinda eclectic, and it would help to consolidate all of that. Some topics for inclusion:
How to antag w/o being called a griefer
Acceptable interpretations of the Asimov Laws (I suggest we include three or four options and ask people to be consistent with which set they are following, so when there is a question, an AI can simply say: Set four. Or something.)
Recommended jobs for given populations. (low round? heads and engies. High round? heads only if you know what you are doing ... stuff like that)
Space Law and its application for this server
Who knows what about who: identifying antags and their shit.
Adminfuckery: what you need to know to survive the coming Apocalypse. (i.e. don't immediately shot all nonemployee creatures and people that come aboard: they might be friendly.)
So you messed up. What now? How to get unjobbanned.
So you REALLY messed up, what now? Guide to moderating. (this one's for me)
So you've incurred the wrath of the gods: what to do if you've been permabanned. (a decidedly short page).

I'm actually in the middle of doing this, along with an expanded MOTD. Once my exams are done, I should have time to finish that overhaul of Cargonia and parts of Sec though.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:35:16 pm by Glloyd »

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: December 01, 2013, 02:21:45 pm »

-snip-

-snip-

*grins guiltily*

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12200 on: December 01, 2013, 02:27:54 pm »

Something I was randomly wondering about: who among the crew is supposed to know the AI has a human brain as its core?

The /tg/station wiki says it's a trade secret ('Computer maintenance and you' section here and 'Reasons for existence' - Artificial Intelligence field testing here), so besides the RD I'm guessing the captain and maybe some other head of staff.

I think its just the RD and the roboticists. Perhaps the captain, but if they compartmentalize anything it would be that.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: December 01, 2013, 03:53:42 pm »

I think I finally managed to completely fix the mail system. Cargonians rejoice, for the MULEbots shall rust and our legs shall barely move as the disposal pipes handle the deliveries for us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: December 01, 2013, 03:57:13 pm »

I think I finally managed to completely fix the mail system. Cargonians rejoice, for the MULEbots shall rust and our legs shall barely move as the disposal pipes handle the deliveries for us.
If true, you're my hero.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12203 on: December 01, 2013, 04:22:50 pm »

If true, you're my hero.
I tested mailing to the HoS' office, CMO's office, robotics, and the theater, and that confirms the integrity of most of the piping. The only place I didn't test was the engineering sector, which also happens to be the most shady part of the mail system. But, still, nothing stops the mail!

I don't actually know where to start when it comes to describing the problems. In short, the mail side of the disposals system took a route through the main hallways before returning to the mail office, totally avoiding nearly every possible destination. The sorter junctions also had bad IDs, so even if the packages reached any of those junctions they would still shoot out of the wrong disposal. There were also some funny issues related to how it was laid out, like how you could climb into the HoP's disposal unit and fly out of the heads of staff meeting room unit. Hopefully I managed to fix all of those issues with my changes.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: December 01, 2013, 04:48:20 pm »

If true, you're my hero.
I tested mailing to the HoS' office, CMO's office, robotics, and the theater, and that confirms the integrity of most of the piping. The only place I didn't test was the engineering sector, which also happens to be the most shady part of the mail system. But, still, nothing stops the mail!

I don't actually know where to start when it comes to describing the problems. In short, the mail side of the disposals system took a route through the main hallways before returning to the mail office, totally avoiding nearly every possible destination. The sorter junctions also had bad IDs, so even if the packages reached any of those junctions they would still shoot out of the wrong disposal. There were also some funny issues related to how it was laid out, like how you could climb into the HoP's disposal unit and fly out of the heads of staff meeting room unit. Hopefully I managed to fix all of those issues with my changes.

Yeah, I'm not ashamed to admit that the disposals system confuses the hell out of me, which was why it was the last thing I did.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: December 01, 2013, 04:52:01 pm »

Hmm, we seem to have opposite problems. I think I know how disposals work, but I got no friggin idea what to do in atmo. the incinerator I can do, but not atmo.
In other news, want to see my idea of what a MoMMI may look like, MoMMIs being perhaps added someday for ghosts who got gibbed?
Highly Opinionated Fool

M3hillus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: December 01, 2013, 05:31:13 pm »

Hmm, we seem to have opposite problems. I think I know how disposals work, but I got no friggin idea what to do in atmo. the incinerator I can do, but not atmo.
In other news, want to see my idea of what a MoMMI may look like, MoMMIs being perhaps added someday for ghosts who got gibbed?
Ahahahahah I NEED A MOMMI
'He can't even drive a car!'
'Perfect!'

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: December 01, 2013, 06:11:20 pm »

I suggest for Hans' section if the admin's get their own thing, make it just say 'Hans' :P

Anyway, after satisfying his ego, I do like this idea.

Make it more fun.

Also, I'm not dead anymore :P

-.-
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: December 01, 2013, 08:03:17 pm »

Efficency is on sybl! Or haoewver you spell things!
Highly Opinionated Fool

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: December 02, 2013, 03:42:16 am »

Atmos is easy once you learn it, it is just coloured pipes with a touch of pressure :P

Speaking of coloured pipes, a way to manually colour pipes would be amazing, as any atmos reconfiguraitons really tend to become undecipherable clusterfucks to anyone trained in atmos that didn't change the thing in the first place. Not to mention anyone who gets confused with default atmosia :(
In all things you were. In nothing you become.
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1654