Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121368 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #12120 on: November 28, 2013, 10:31:56 am »

There is space above and below the station. Rip up the floor and you'll find that out.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12121 on: November 28, 2013, 11:08:54 am »

You NEVER try to do traitor rounds without killing? Am I really the only one who douse?
Whats wrong with me?
I do. I've been a traitor so many times over the years playing this game that it became pretty boring for me. Killing someone is a good bit easier than not killing them, and getting something off a person (like the hypospray) without killing them makes your round a good bit harder. Being a merciful traitor is more interesting in most cases, too.

There needs to be a "kill nobody" objective that traitors would get sometimes, in addition to their other objectives.
Obviously, the code needs to not give you a murder objective at the same time.

Steal the captain's gun
kill nobody
hijack the shuttle

That'd be an interesting traitor round. But the hijack would have to be modified to allow you to succeed if you shove everyone else into the shuttle brig, otherwise what do you do if someone gets on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12122 on: November 28, 2013, 12:11:24 pm »

I'd like a metastation-esque AI sat. ON THE SAME Z-LEVEL. Else we're going to have an indestructible (and mainly un-findable) fortress.
>malf
>ai blows up teleporters/shuttle computer
>ggnore, enjoy searching all of space while the AI can happily hijack APCs.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12123 on: November 28, 2013, 01:02:37 pm »

You NEVER try to do traitor rounds without killing? Am I really the only one who douse?
Whats wrong with me?
I do. I've been a traitor so many times over the years playing this game that it became pretty boring for me. Killing someone is a good bit easier than not killing them, and getting something off a person (like the hypospray) without killing them makes your round a good bit harder. Being a merciful traitor is more interesting in most cases, too.

There needs to be a "kill nobody" objective that traitors would get sometimes, in addition to their other objectives.

Steal the captain's gun
kill nobody
hijack the shuttle

That'd be an interesting traitor round. But the hijack would have to be modified to allow you to succeed if you shove everyone else into the shuttle brig, otherwise what do you do if someone gets on.
The thing is that the game doesn't track who kills who, just that someone is dead. So to succeed there the traitor would have to make sure that nobody dies.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12124 on: November 28, 2013, 01:08:52 pm »

Whats wrong with me?

Steal the captain's gun
kill nobody
hijack the shuttle

The thing is that the game doesn't track who kills who, just that someone is dead. So to succeed there the traitor would have to make sure that nobody dies.

An alternative to murderboning. I like it.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12125 on: November 28, 2013, 01:31:14 pm »

Guys. Cyborg limbs have been merged. CYBORG FUCKING LIMBS HAVE BEEN FUCKING MERGED!

I cannot even put into words how cool it is.

Welp, looks like I'm merging /tg/ again.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12126 on: November 28, 2013, 01:41:17 pm »

Making sure that nobody dies is... rather impossible. Wouldn't be very fun to be a traitor, get "kill nobody" and a newbie walks out an airlock into space. yay.

Also my new syndie items are probably going to be merged in the near future, so wait a liiiitle longer before you merge.
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/1794

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12127 on: November 28, 2013, 02:06:25 pm »

Yeah, you'd have to make it somehow track if you kill someone or not, it'd be stupid if you had to prevent anyone from dying.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12128 on: November 28, 2013, 02:31:40 pm »

Making sure that nobody dies is... rather impossible. Wouldn't be very fun to be a traitor, get "kill nobody" and a newbie walks out an airlock into space. yay.

Also my new syndie items are probably going to be merged in the near future, so wait a liiiitle longer before you merge.
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/1794

On the other hand, 'Make sure at least 3 crewmembers make it out of the station' should be both codeable and possible to pull off.

E: since there isn't much of a place to put it, Centration is 33% off on all tiers.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 02:47:40 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12129 on: November 28, 2013, 02:54:21 pm »

Whats wrong with me?
Don't forget the time I stole the hypospray off you by parapenning you then shoving you into the morgue.
I was thinking about that example in particular. It was a rare scenario indeed.

I don't think I would like a "kill nobody" objective. It's a pointless restriction that makes being a traitor next to impossible, like the ninja fluff objectives. Some traitors *gives a passing glance to Hans* base their tactics on flashy, amusing deaths and shows of force. Maybe if people took self-preservation more seriously instead of suicidally charging the guy covered in armor and guns. Until then, good luck killing nobody and hijacking the shuttle.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12130 on: November 28, 2013, 02:56:20 pm »

Whats wrong with me?
Don't forget the time I stole the hypospray off you by parapenning you then shoving you into the morgue.
I was thinking about that example in particular. It was a rare scenario indeed.

I don't think I would like a "kill nobody" objective. It's a pointless restriction that makes being a traitor next to impossible, like the ninja fluff objectives. Some traitors *gives a passing glance to Hans* base their tactics on flashy, amusing deaths and shows of force. Maybe if people took self-preservation more seriously instead of suicidally charging the guy covered in armor and guns. Until then, good luck killing nobody and hijacking the shuttle.

"Escape with everyone on the escape shuttle and have a party. There must be cake."

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12131 on: November 28, 2013, 03:05:36 pm »

Maybe if people took self-preservation more seriously instead of suicidally charging the guy covered in armor and guns.
I never really understood this one, why would people just run up to the traitor and attempt to robust them? Do they really want to be 'the Hero' enough to willingly go full-suicidal-idiot mode?
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12132 on: November 28, 2013, 03:06:52 pm »

Maybe if people took self-preservation more seriously instead of suicidally charging the guy covered in armor and guns.
I never really understood this one, why would people just run up to the traitor and attempt to robust them? Do they really want to be 'the Hero' enough to willingly go full-suicidal-idiot mode?

Turning the station into swiss cheese just to get rid of a banana peel on the floor is the true spirit of SS13.

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12133 on: November 28, 2013, 03:14:26 pm »

Off topic, Lonely sandbox round on alt server. On topic, The Idea of escaping without killing anyone as an objective is kind of interesting, it'd be hard to implement, and to track who kills who, but it'd be interesting.

-EDIT- Edited out redundant use of Idea.
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12134 on: November 28, 2013, 04:04:31 pm »

Err... Looking at the food icons in the code there are different colors of eggs (I guess you can dye them?) and olive oil. Also rotten meat. I dunno if any of those can be gotten at or if they where just planed or something.

And according to the icons for guns there is this p08 pistol-thing and somesorta tommygun-looking thing as well. No idea if they really exist, cant find the food in the code.
And yellow grenades... Odd.
And metal shields...

Also there is "Tubing" and someort of engie pod.

And Farmbots
And looking in the mining things theres a gigadrill, minecart tracks and phazon. Also there was adamantine ore at somepoint.
Also, there are icons for a second soda mashene that is not used, and broken venders.

Any idea what heavylathes where?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:21:27 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1654