Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121214 times)

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #12090 on: November 27, 2013, 09:02:24 am »

I think baystation has IV's for blood. Don't know if you can put other meds in it.

They are even automatically dragged after you, when you move.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12091 on: November 27, 2013, 09:03:48 am »

Slow-release chems would be good.

Take IV with the chem that makes you not need to breathe, exit station.

BS12 has IVs, actually. Except they are, y'know, useful there, with their health system.

Fakedit: Ninja'd
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12092 on: November 27, 2013, 09:18:13 am »

Use cigars.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12093 on: November 27, 2013, 09:30:11 am »

Word of advice, Do not go into combat in BS12 without a surgery kit in your bag. or without an IV.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12094 on: November 27, 2013, 02:29:51 pm »

I think baystation has IV's for blood. Don't know if you can put other meds in it.

The part of automatically being dragged with you is what worries me most. Knowing BS12s coding style, it's just been hacked togheter, but that sort of thing wouldn't pass in /tg/. It's possible, I guess. It sounds awesome. I've tought of it before. But it's obsolete because of our health system. You don't NEED constant administration of meds. You can swallow them all at once and achieve the same effect.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12095 on: November 27, 2013, 02:45:09 pm »

Ah, nothing like keeping someone prisoner, strapped to a chair and fed through IV a steady stream of mindbreakers.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12096 on: November 27, 2013, 02:49:18 pm »

The part of automatically being dragged with you is what worries me most. Knowing BS12s coding style, it's just been hacked togheter, but that sort of thing wouldn't pass in /tg/. It's possible, I guess. It sounds awesome. I've tought of it before. But it's obsolete because of our health system. You don't NEED constant administration of meds. You can swallow them all at once and achieve the same effect.

I think that to make medical system actually interesting, we could make the most potent healing items only heal up to a certain amount, but quickly, and the rest by weaker healing chems in small doses over time.

So, you get critted, a doc pumps you full of Tricord/shoves you into Cryo, and you step out at, say, 75% health, and the rest is regenerated by, say, Inaprovaline in small doses. So, when you cut yourself with a bread knife, you go get a mild healing chem from the doctor. After all, people don't generally take morphine to deal with a mild tension headache.

As a desirable side-effect, a person who'd been critted won't just make a break for the Medbay door as soon as he gets out of crit and collects his posessions, unless he is really in a haste, but stays a while to get some pills to get a full recovery.

So a doctor has actually something to do and can RP DOING HIS JOB, instead of shoving someone into Cryo and opening the door for the patient, and even if no MDs are present, someone can still chuck the person in Cryo and the person will be back in round, just not at full health.

Possible modifications would be dividing meds into three categories: mild, moderate, severe (as per the description of wound in Examine right now), with each class healing up to 33%, and/or letting 'potent' meds heal minor wounds, just much slower.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12097 on: November 27, 2013, 02:50:31 pm »

Ah, nothing like keeping someone prisoner, strapped to a chair and fed through IV a steady stream of mindbreakers.
We almost did this once. A head was pissing off everyone so we jacketed, cuffed to a chair and fed spacedrugs.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #12098 on: November 27, 2013, 02:53:22 pm »

I don't really think it's necessary to argue whether or not certain non-/tg/ features should be added in. Unless someone is sitting by with code that can easily be added onto the server in a short amount of time, it's not going to advance beyond just a simple idea. Especially since we really don't have anything besides a few people who can sort of code, but not really, it's pointless to detail what new features we want.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12099 on: November 27, 2013, 06:29:15 pm »

I think our luck ran out there. Server paused for a bit and unfroze. Then it froze and crashed about half a minute later.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12100 on: November 27, 2013, 06:29:35 pm »

Server down?
EDIT: Ninja'd.
EDIT 2: KG's Backup server is up and running on a possibly old version, sandbox.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:01:46 pm by MCipher »
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12101 on: November 27, 2013, 08:59:40 pm »

It is amusing. I decided to try to learn the code for this and the first thing I find is Glloyd raging about killing people who add certain things.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12102 on: November 27, 2013, 09:09:00 pm »

It is amusing. I decided to try to learn the code for this and the first thing I find is Glloyd raging about killing people who add certain things.

EDIT: Ah, you mean the uristturf code. Yes, that's very finicky. All you need is icons, and not actual defs, adding more defs to uristturf can mess things up. Also, I assumed I would be the only person who would actually read those comments, hence their... ridiculous nature, hahaha. Plus by the time I wrote that, I was pretty fed up with random turf and icon issues that kept popping up. Oh, and if you read the next comment, it pretty much says that you can add them, just above that line. So if for some reason you want to add a new turf, go for it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:17:52 pm by Glloyd »

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12103 on: November 27, 2013, 09:20:21 pm »

I've read and followed your comments. Of course there aren't many people who actually read the code.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12104 on: November 27, 2013, 09:55:14 pm »

Hmm. What would everyone think of an AI satellite on a separate z-level, accessible via teleporter or floating through space? It'd fix the problem of the AI being able to die at the hands of a single person with a toolbox and give us enough room to lay the turrets out in a way so the AI wouldn't kill itself. It could also provide some fun opportunities like firewalls.
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 1654