Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121654 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11700 on: November 10, 2013, 05:23:37 am »

Last time I checked, traitors were free to kill whoever they want. So yes, it sounds like you're permabanning him because he pissed you off rather than due to a breach of the rules.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11701 on: November 10, 2013, 05:40:45 am »

Last time I checked, traitors were free to kill whoever they want. So yes, it sounds like you're permabanning him because he pissed you off rather than due to a breach of the rules.
We are a semi-roleplayer server. And people don't like when people go around killing everyone in sight. If I recall correctly, The round before he was complicating about "muderboning"

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11702 on: November 10, 2013, 07:24:58 am »

Traitors will kill, that is a simple fact about SS13. Even if you do not like traitors killing those outside of their objectives, a permaban is a very harsh way to deal with an antag murdering the staff.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11703 on: November 10, 2013, 07:31:14 am »

Traitors will kill, that is a simple fact about SS13. Even if you do not like traitors killing those outside of their objectives, a permaban is a very harsh way to deal with an antag murdering the staff.
This isn't the first time he's been a problem user.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11704 on: November 10, 2013, 07:40:19 am »

http://www.ss13.eu/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2134&p=58444#p58444
Neerti's making an Emergency Reponse Team for /tg/code, it'd be cool if he could use our energy pistol sprite instead of the shitty sprite he has atm.
Altough he doesn't seem to be interested in using it and thinks his sprite is better. It's his code.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 07:47:18 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11705 on: November 10, 2013, 09:39:50 am »

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I respect the admins decisions and have seen them give out fair bans before.

Neerti's making an Emergency Reponse Team for /tg/code, it'd be cool if he could use our energy pistol sprite instead of the shitty sprite he has atm.
Altough he doesn't seem to be interested in using it and thinks his sprite is better. It's his code.

Why does the ERT have those old fashioned ray gun like weapons? It looks an awful lot like the old laser gun (Or whatever it's called). I like ours better since it looks more practical and compact. I don't exactly imagine being able to shove a ray gun in your pocket but I can imagine putting a pistol-like one into your pocket.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11706 on: November 10, 2013, 10:26:07 am »

Right. The energy gun looks nice but the pistol I have a problem with. It reminds me way too much of this.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:32:17 am by Kydrasz »
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11707 on: November 10, 2013, 10:35:00 am »

The Noisy Cricket is something you give inept Deathsquad members that go solo. You do not give it to someone working in a team.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11708 on: November 10, 2013, 01:18:53 pm »

I've always wondered how feasible certain types of projectiles would be, for instance, we have the Ion rifle which is localized emp, can it be done with deafening, knockdown, or even silly things such as sudden weight gain?

Obviously some are stupidly overpowered, a gun that knocks down players near where it hits is powerful even for a one-shot gun. It would be fun to have an RD weapon that you load with slime cores and has different effects based on what's loaded into it.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11709 on: November 10, 2013, 01:21:12 pm »

I've always wondered how feasible certain types of projectiles would be, for instance, we have the Ion rifle which is localized emp, can it be done with deafening, knockdown, or even silly things such as sudden weight gain?

Obviously some are stupidly overpowered, a gun that knocks down players near where it hits is powerful even for a one-shot gun. It would be fun to have an RD weapon that you load with slime cores and has different effects based on what's loaded into it.

golden slime rifle

just think of the possibilities

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11710 on: November 10, 2013, 01:21:37 pm »

We have the syringe gun and chemistry/virology.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11711 on: November 10, 2013, 01:21:57 pm »

I think there's an OnHit() proc for projectiles, so yes, almost everything is possible.

E:
Random coding funfact:
Reagent containers have a var called "amount_per_transfer_from_this".
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:25:14 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11712 on: November 10, 2013, 01:25:22 pm »

I missed the nuke?

Right, who decided to do that? I miss all the good rounds, I have only seen one welder, two invasions, and have missed the fallout and the nukes. and the revs...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11713 on: November 10, 2013, 01:39:29 pm »

Pete brays, EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH.

You know, I might even consider a modular weapon system. Have tators be able to spawn either a crate with a randomized weapon, or choose from specific parts on a console-like thing. Something like, choose a body (affects what kind of damage and abilities the gun can have later, as well as sprite and ammunition count), then choose ammunition type (what bullets look like/how the gun is loaded, anything from standard batteries to meat), and finally, the special effects (fatgun, deafgun, meat-launcher, etc.) if applicable.

One gun may have pitiful damage if any at all, but allow all special effects as well as two/three at once. Maybe have the "Buffet Gun", which spawns burgers and fatifies players, while only carrying one or two shots and not causing any real damage. Not even an AoE effect. You can load it with meat or jerky, meaning easy reloads.

Probably though, just include a couple of humor guns in a tatorpack from random, then maybe a random guncrate where the gun is guaranteed somewhat useful. For instance, you could maybe become the Death Chef and get the burger-gun among other things.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11714 on: November 10, 2013, 01:45:30 pm »

Have fun coding all that.

Most of them sound like fun for mecha. I can just imagine the deathquad showing up shooting burgers and cake...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 1654