Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122191 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11610 on: November 06, 2013, 09:18:36 pm »

There has to be an option other than "equal to a riot shield" or "so cumbersome no one will ever use it".
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11611 on: November 06, 2013, 09:33:07 pm »

Yeah, it needs the right combination of both being useful and being cumbersome enough to make it only good in a pinch. I think plasteel and either "slows you right down" or "Requires two hands" would suit it. I think it being a two-handed weapon works best: it would be pretty heavy.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11612 on: November 06, 2013, 10:05:25 pm »

Actually, stunprods are like the shield (Basically the same as stunsticks except made from common materials, except you have to swap out the power cell after a few hits), but they aren't often carried around. Though they do use power cells, but then again you can just steal those. Perhaps it should use something like plasteel instead of metal, making it slightly harder to get...
I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm playing as a scientist, one of the first things I do is churn out the research for the next power cell up the line and make a stunprod with one. Just about anyone can get their hands on the materials to make one, too.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11613 on: November 06, 2013, 10:14:25 pm »

For an improv shield, not too sure about two handed unless you only gain attacking force from doing that, but slowdown is fine. It's a shield, shields aren't supposed to be designed so that it's the only thing you carry into a fight.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11614 on: November 06, 2013, 11:10:49 pm »

How about making it so heavy if you hold it with one hand, you can slip randomly. If it's two handed you won't slip but slower and aforementioned limited durability.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11615 on: November 06, 2013, 11:16:12 pm »

Considering there is roman shields now too (idk how they are made I havnt looked deeply at them) I think a one handed plasteel shield that slows the user but does not block as well as a riot shield would be cool, and tg worthy.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: November 06, 2013, 11:50:00 pm »

So there's been a fair amount of interest from our community in learning to map or code. I've been thinking of making a video tutorial on how to map in dreammaker for UMcS/tg/BS12 or what have you. Would people be interested?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11617 on: November 06, 2013, 11:51:19 pm »

The more tutorials there are about mapping/coding the better. Current documentation isn't exactly stellar, so even if no one from our community pays much attention to the guide, I'm sure you'll get a decent amount of attention from other communities if it's well done.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11618 on: November 06, 2013, 11:55:58 pm »

Considering there is roman shields now too (idk how they are made I havnt looked deeply at them) I think a one handed plasteel shield that slows the user but does not block as well as a riot shield would be cool, and tg worthy.

The Roman shield is awful and hardly ever blocks, at least for me. But the whole Roman outfit looks AWESOME.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11619 on: November 07, 2013, 12:09:33 am »

So there's been a fair amount of interest from our community in learning to map or code. I've been thinking of making a video tutorial on how to map in dreammaker for UMcS/tg/BS12 or what have you. Would people be interested?
Interested +1

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11620 on: November 07, 2013, 12:10:55 am »

Oh, I also put this together. Opinions?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11621 on: November 07, 2013, 12:13:40 am »

Hell yes. And the titlescreen is nice, but it may just be me but I want something Bay12-y added in.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11622 on: November 07, 2013, 01:55:55 am »

Lillian Helsbrecht says, "We just fisted the alien to death."
Unknown says, "Yep."
Lillian Helsbrecht says, "I mean punched."
Unknown says, "Too late."
Unknown says, "You said fisted."
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11623 on: November 07, 2013, 02:06:00 am »

You at least buy the alien a drink first?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: November 07, 2013, 02:20:35 am »

... The Thunderdome WAS littered with about 10 vials of Cyanide, and probably nearly 200 10mm shell casings.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 1654