Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121530 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11190 on: October 28, 2013, 03:37:22 pm »

Yah, I like some things about gooncode, mostly surgery and cooking, but it is also filled with ALOT of shit.

In other news I have found a exploit.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11191 on: October 28, 2013, 03:38:19 pm »

Yah, I like some things about gooncode, mostly surgery and cooking, but it is also filled with ALOT of shit.

In other news I have found a exploit.

PM it to me?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11192 on: October 28, 2013, 03:40:24 pm »

No, report it on the issue reporter. As long as it's not server-crashing it's safe to say out loud.
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/issues/new

Also, gooncode is closed-source.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11193 on: October 28, 2013, 03:41:48 pm »

Toolate.
Highly Opinionated Fool

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11194 on: October 28, 2013, 03:43:01 pm »

You should report the issue on the issue tracker anyway.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11195 on: October 28, 2013, 03:43:27 pm »

I'll try to replicate it and see if it's already on the issue tracker.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11196 on: October 28, 2013, 04:58:42 pm »

You're ignoring that baycode is NOT in every way better than /tg/code.

• ZAS is shite.
  • Tgcode is far cleaner
  • Baymed sounds far too complicated for our server (Ideal system would be somewhere inbetween /tg/'s system and bay's system.)
  • Metastation, Efficiencystation & Glloydstation are /tg/exclusive.
  • ZAS is shite.
  • Baycode is a complete clusterfuck.

Somebody is working on dismemberment & cybernetic augmentation for /tg/ (and not in a half-assed broken way).

You didn't actually give any other "cool features" for baycode other than baymed.

/tg/ is really pushing to get the code as clean as possible.

1 - opinion. ZAS is cool. CHECKMATE!
2 - it doesn't matter for anyone who is not a coder, and even then our coders don't touch the major systems.
3 - again, opinion, based on how it sounds like.
4 - Meta was being ported last time I checked. Most of the changes aren't even that big a deal, it's mostly changing things so that a single door wouldn't be the difference between normality and being sucked out of the station
5 - see 1, you're repeating yourself
6 - see 2, you're repeating yourself
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11197 on: October 28, 2013, 05:10:55 pm »

You're ignoring that baycode is NOT in every way better than /tg/code.

• ZAS is shite.
  • Tgcode is far cleaner
  • Baymed sounds far too complicated for our server (Ideal system would be somewhere inbetween /tg/'s system and bay's system.)
  • Metastation, Efficiencystation & Glloydstation are /tg/exclusive.
  • ZAS is shite.
  • Baycode is a complete clusterfuck.

Somebody is working on dismemberment & cybernetic augmentation for /tg/ (and not in a half-assed broken way).

You didn't actually give any other "cool features" for baycode other than baymed.

/tg/ is really pushing to get the code as clean as possible.

1 - opinion. ZAS is cool. CHECKMATE!
2 - it doesn't matter for anyone who is not a coder, and even then our coders don't touch the major systems.
3 - again, opinion, based on how it sounds like.
4 - Meta was being ported last time I checked. Most of the changes aren't even that big a deal, it's mostly changing things so that a single door wouldn't be the difference between normality and being sucked out of the station

1 - Agreed
2 - It matters for all of us. We're a community. Besides, the coders don't want it, it's not going to happen. THEY ARE YOUR GOD NOW.
3 - You say this now, but when I kill you because I didn't know how to fix internal bleeding, you have absolutely no right to complain whatsoever. If you agree to that simple condition, I agree with you. :P
4 - ... Wait, why would they fix that?
5a - Irrelephant.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11198 on: October 28, 2013, 05:20:21 pm »

2 - when was the last time an average player had to look something up in the code? The issue is not whether the code is clean, but if It's stable. Again, our coders deal with minor features, not systemic overhauls, and so the only difference is whether It's BS12 coders maintaining the code or tg coders maintaining it.

3 - you don't expect Chemists to memorize recipes. The wiki page is easy to navigate.

4 - mainly because BS12 hates Fun. Capital F Fun. Otherwise, It's just dropping some BS-specific objects and we're good.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11199 on: October 28, 2013, 05:31:57 pm »

I would end of leaving if we switched.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11200 on: October 28, 2013, 05:40:06 pm »

Did anyone mention you can literally be stuck in fucking critical limbo if you get all your limbs chopped off for 30 minutes? You're forced to ghost if you want to actually watch the damn round but won't be cloned.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11201 on: October 28, 2013, 05:51:02 pm »

/tg/code is a nice medium between the less serious servers "Everything is allowed" servers and the super srs no fun allowed servers. Since we also try to make our server a decent middle ground when it comes to the two extremes, so it makes sense we'd stick with it. A few cool features aren't really worth the headache required when it comes to switching over, everything learning a new system and potentially realizing it's shit.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11202 on: October 28, 2013, 07:14:30 pm »

I would end of leaving if we switched.

I would end of ...
end of leaving?

ah, end UP leaving ... got it. Took me a minute. Nien, get some sleep. And while our at it, get some for me too. Tat took far too long for me to figure out.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11203 on: October 28, 2013, 07:15:45 pm »

Uh, people. Our station has been in the works for how long exactly, is written for TG and has plenty of custom things for TG. I dont think we need to waste another two months redoing it when we just got it and are still working out bugs.

Also, if we went to goon I would probably leave. I dont like many of there antag things.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11204 on: October 28, 2013, 07:23:31 pm »

On one hand baystation code has some unique things but it's going to hard to get re-adjusted and figure out how to add our things.

On the other hand we have regular old /tg/, I think it's easier to try to work the neat things from baystation than to switch.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 1654