Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120218 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10950 on: October 21, 2013, 04:06:50 pm »

BYOND has a Linux version? I remember when I accidentally deleted my Windows partition when installing a Linux distro and I couldn't find one, so I tried running it in Wine. It sort of works in Wine, but only sort of. I think I vaguely remember getting SS13 to launch once but there was no sound and a variety of other errors that would of made it unplayable.

Just because one game might work when using one of those emulation tools doesn't mean all games will work, especially BYOND. BYOND is really, really badly optimized and it'd be a miracle to get it to work perfectly or even well on something like Wine.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10951 on: October 21, 2013, 04:25:59 pm »

Anyone have suggestions for how I could get towards playing this more often? Currently, I only am able to play this when I am visiting one of my relatives, because she is the only person who has a windows computer.

So far, I've been attempting to use PlayOnMac, Wine, and Virtualbox to run it on my mac, to no success. However, I've had some success in the past, with World of Tanks.

Buy a $200 laptop or desktop.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: October 21, 2013, 06:32:12 pm »

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: October 21, 2013, 11:30:49 pm »

I did something I shouldn't have so I will not be playing anymore for probably a few months if ever again. Sorry to those affected by my ill thought actions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: October 21, 2013, 11:35:20 pm »

For once I don't mind admingodmoding. Introducing Art Harrow, talking statue.

I'unno what happened with that spell, but after I was statued the second time I could:
-talk
-hear
-interact with my inventory

Couldn't affect anything external, though, or you might well have been baton'd and lethal-injected while you were standing next to me. Talk about the perfect crime.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10955 on: October 21, 2013, 11:40:56 pm »

A statue? Did someone combine var-finagling with golems?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: October 22, 2013, 12:11:45 am »

A statue? Did someone combine var-finagling with golems?

No. I statue'd him once with Flesh to Stone. It wore off, and I statue'd him again. The only Variable I edited was Anchor, so I could drag him around.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: October 22, 2013, 12:26:59 am »

Also, is the "steal a tank of plasma" objective new? I've never seen it before. It's a nonissue for ~1/3 of the crew slots, and painfully simple for most of the rest.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10958 on: October 22, 2013, 02:10:51 am »

Also, is the "steal a tank of plasma" objective new? I've never seen it before. It's a nonissue for ~1/3 of the crew slots, and painfully simple for most of the rest.

Nope, ancient. Then again, there are even simpler ones (steal your own shotgun, straightjacket).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: October 22, 2013, 06:30:43 am »

I once was turned into a statue in the front part of the arrivals shuttle. The person who did it, and another person (Jacob_Lee I believe) were there as well. They were talking to each other and otherwise ignoring me. One of the greatest moments I ever had was when I discovered that clicking on the grenade in my pocket would move it to my hands, then clicking it again activated the timer. Watching the front of the shuttle blow out, and myself get disintegrated, as those two hectically ran from the room to flee the unexpected explosion is a memory I will treasure for as long as I play SS13.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: October 22, 2013, 09:06:29 am »

You will soon learn that there is only "needs some bicard/demaline" and "needs to be cloned". Medbay is painfully simple and basically obsolete.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: October 22, 2013, 09:22:21 am »

You will soon learn that there is only "needs some bicard/demaline" and "needs to be cloned". Medbay is painfully simple and basically obsolete.
I have heard that sometimes you need to put people into freezers with medicine in them. Is that true?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: October 22, 2013, 09:25:50 am »

I have heard that sometimes you need to put people into freezers with medicine in them. Is that true?

yeah you inject the guy with cryo juice give him internals and shove him into space for five minutes then see if that works, if it doesn't you give him more cryo juice and throw him back out

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: October 22, 2013, 09:37:43 am »

yeah you inject the guy with cryo juice give him internals and shove him into space for five minutes then see if that works, if it doesn't you give him more cryo juice and throw him back out

Why bother with space when you have easy to access supercooled water showers?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: October 22, 2013, 09:39:26 am »

Why bother with space when you have easy to access supercooled water showers?

coolness factor
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 1654