Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118088 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10875 on: October 19, 2013, 09:36:05 am »

server is updated and back up

Woo! That means reduced roundstart lag and fixed chemist spawning and more interesting maint tunnels! Plus some /tg/ updates from 4 days to 2 weeks ago.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: October 19, 2013, 09:37:59 am »

Awesome! I might be on today, in spite of having papers to write and the Vectorstream of Pacific Rim to watch.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spooce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: October 19, 2013, 10:54:23 am »

Anyway, basically I did the boring "click on the hex digit" genetics research thing and when I try to do other players a favour by letting them play with the powers one of them uses it as an excuse to repeatedly try to kill me. I spend most of the round in crit or trying to recover the things they stole from me so it was pretty much a boring waste of two hours or so. It'd be fine if they were a traitor but for a non-antag I think that's really out of line.

I apologize for the killing. I'm still a fairly new player, and yes we have crossed paths before. Being the noob that I am, I had no idea what the hulk injection was. I didn't even realize that I broke through the wall at the time. I thought I had found some hidden switch, lol. I sort of suspected you were a traitor because if I remember correctly, you had come up with some pretty elaborate plots to kill others in the past. Even if you weren't a traitor, I felt that it seemed like a plausible and warranted way to roleplay the situation. Sort of a creation against creator thing.

The other guy that teamed up with me told me that he had been operated on by you and tortured. I believed him, and we decided to take revenge. As aforementioned, I am sorry.

OH, I did have to go IRL because my parents came home after a 2 week trip. The timing was awful.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: October 19, 2013, 11:26:02 am »

Well, giant spiders cocoon and lay eggs properly now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It can get ugly quickly. I sent in a team of mob syndicates to deal with the spiders and they were all massacred... Then the spiders started to cocoon them and drink their magic spider-making fluid... I dropped admin bombs on them after that.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: October 19, 2013, 11:28:22 am »

It can get ugly quickly. I sent in a team of mob syndicates to deal with the spiders and they were all massacred... Then the spiders started to cocoon them and drink their magic spider-making fluid... I dropped admin bombs on them after that.

Oh dear. This... I think spiders are no longer an annoyance. :x

3. Run Resize Enable

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: October 19, 2013, 11:54:48 am »

Send in the expendable Vladmir squad :P

Yeah totally didn't make anyone laugh.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: October 19, 2013, 12:18:18 pm »

Question 3: how do you empty a damn internals tank without actually breathing your way through all the gas in it?  I was trying to find/make an empty one so that I could fill it up with my little lethal concoction, but couldn't find one anywhere...and it won't let me wander around with the valve open and turned up full because the game thinks I want to breathe from any open O2 tank I'm carrying!  ::)

1. Find an air scrubber (the large white ones, like the one in Toxins).
2. Attach the tank to the scrubber.
3. Set the scrubber to the maximum rate.
4. Turn the scrubber on.
5. Turn the scrubber off.
6. Remove the tank.
7. Voila! Empty tank.
That just reminded me of another evil execution method, either as traitor, or because of the evulz:

Working toxins, replace all the emergency oxy tanks with superheated CO2. Or use a scrubber to just remove the impurities, but keep the superheat (not much needed to cap off regular O2, but enough to super-heat it; 1000, and just toss in the remaining 5.).

Imagine how that must feel, moments before demise.

Another fun assassination method: if your target works Toxins, spacesuit up and build a grille in front of the mass driver.

That only works if they're incompetent, though. I can't fathom why you wouldn't use a remote signaler for your trial, or what reason there would be to not check the range cameras before you set it off. :|
If you work toxins for a long enough time (or if you're me), you get lazy and just throw a thirty second timer on your bomb so you don't have to muck around with the signaler menu. I've only died by having the mass driver not opening once luckily and that was only because I didn't realize the power was out.

I put a seven second timer on my test-bombs, because I like to live dangerously. Fun > Precautions
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: October 19, 2013, 12:23:25 pm »

Quick. Get to the mechs!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: October 19, 2013, 12:26:50 pm »

Heh, what's really cringe-worthy is when you decide to do a run-by bombing, and don't notice until too late that you tossed the satchel full of your remote bombs and are still holding the one with the single bomb on a short timer.

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: October 19, 2013, 12:27:46 pm »

Nothing changed. Spiders are just as powerfull before somebody fucked up their egg-laying. I'm happy that they're back, tough.

Also, @Spooce: Killing somebody because you THINK they may be a traitor because they were in previous rounds is blatant metagaming, btw.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: October 19, 2013, 06:06:58 pm »

Joined an alien round half way through as captian and got some guns and saved someone who set themselves on fire by cloning them. Went to recharge some guns at sec with a group of people, when one guy nicks the gun out of the charger and downs Jaylen with it. I chase the guy, lose him, then when going to clone Jaylen I die to slimes released by the xenobiologist. I ghost before being cloned and instantly become a slime overlord, then my body gets shoved in the cloner and I become human again...

Wake up without my backpack or ID, so I make it to the shuttle and then decide to try blow the station.
Promptly use hand tele to go to bridge, where I am trapped so I try use it unfocoused. I end up in space.

Missing a few bits, but an unheroic end to an unheroic captain :P
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: October 19, 2013, 06:11:31 pm »

Great "special" round. I died three times: Once to stupidity, once to natural causes, and once to meta.

First, I played the shaft miner, and I accidentally sent the shuttle without me, but as it takes a moment for the shuttle to leave, I ran out and stepped into space just after the shuttle went. I decompressed explosively. There is no coming back from that, if you hadn't gotten a backup already, which I hadn't

So ... I was looking at a long round of nothing and requested alien. To my delight, I got alien. My first target I caught and impregnated before Art Harrow took me out with a laser. Unfortunately for him, he got an alien to the face in the process. Fortunately for him, Jayden something or the other was a little meta, and demanded immediate surgery (not his fault, some servers hold that everyone knows about the aliens and freak at first sight). he and my first victim make it to the surgery room before my first victim explodes and I come out, only to be hammered into oblivion just before i escape through the vents. I died on the other end of the vent shaft.

So ... Jayden gets murdered in security by someone, and while discussing that, suddenly BLOB! and another! and another? and ... a fourth? wow! Good times were had by all.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: October 19, 2013, 06:22:37 pm »

Heh, what's really cringe-worthy is when you decide to do a run-by bombing, and don't notice until too late that you tossed the satchel full of your remote bombs and are still holding the one with the single bomb on a short timer.

Waitwaitwait. You stuff a bomb in a bag, run past your target and toss the bag at it?

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: October 19, 2013, 07:19:00 pm »

You know what's better? Chemist Cheese.

As tator chemist, or really, anyone with a fun grenade, activate a long-fuse grenade and stuff it in some cheese. Possibly steal your targets stuff or whatever and slip the cheese in.

Also, the reverse-pickpocket. Start timer, slip bomb in, run for dear life.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: October 19, 2013, 07:23:15 pm »

Sarah and Art: TOTALLY NOT GAY GUYS.
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 1654