Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117868 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10815 on: October 17, 2013, 10:38:09 am »

Gamemode idea: like traitor w/ assassination, except the victim is told the identity of the traitor tasked with killing him.  He has no tangible evidence of it, though. So, the round may end up as kill-or-be-killed, as a game of cat and mouse, or be a persuasiathon, with both sides trying to get the crew on their side.
Even with our restrictions, so much meta. Meta everywhere. What'd be better is a The Ship style round, where everyone but sec is a traitor with an assassination target on someone else. It'd require adminfuckery to start, though.
But if everyone except sec is a traitor, wouldn't sec end up being blown up or something? Not the best use of crystals, but thats quite a few bombs available.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: October 17, 2013, 10:39:31 am »

I think including Sec as traitors would be awesome.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10817 on: October 17, 2013, 11:14:56 am »

They have access to a lot of stuff that would make it kind of easy, though still pretty awesome, to be a traitor. I agree.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10818 on: October 17, 2013, 11:29:01 am »

Sec officers can be traitors, but people are talking about removing it because most /tg/ players won't even trust their fellow officers in fear of being parapenned :/

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: October 17, 2013, 11:43:35 am »

Sec officers can be traitors, but people are talking about removing it because most /tg/ players won't even trust their fellow officers in fear of being parapenned :/

If you can't trust your fellow crew, who can you trust? Sec vs traitor Sec or Science vs traitor Janitor does not change this statement in any way.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10820 on: October 17, 2013, 12:07:19 pm »

Yeah, that's shitty. If someone is incompetently trying to kill me and sec/Cap/HoP aren't doing anything about it (or, just as likely, there is no Captain, HoP, or sec), I'll just kill them back and borg them. Because no offense, but if you fuck up an assassination in a way that makes it obvious you were trying to kill someone, and there's no sec to deal with you, you've got it coming. That's what the self-defense clause is there for.

But like I said, if someone is trying to kill me, especially if there's been escalation and back-and-forth, I won't hesitate to kill if I think they're a threat to me and Sec is missing/incompetent. If they're being interesting (read: supervillainish) I might play along, but if they're just trying to gank me and suck at it, screw them. People who ahelp because they're shitty antags and get killed by someone they failed to kill are obnoxious. Especially when you consider how damn easy it is to kill someone that doesn't suspect you yet if you're just trying for a clean kill, rather than an entertaining one. :|

Yeah, this is exactly what happened to me. Antag tries to kill me, sec/command is not present/incompetent/dealing with insane vending machines, so my options were try to drag the guy around and hope he doesn't get away, leave him with the sec guys to get away after they let him go in 1 minute, or incapacitate him. I figured that was pretty good RP too, since I know if someone was trying to kill me, and for whatever reason the cops wouldn't do anything, I'd rather take matters into my own hands than just hope the guy doesn't try again.

I did choose the most violent possible way to incapacitate him, (Praise lord singuloth) but that was hardly relevant with 5 minutes left in the round anyway.

But really, once someone attempts to kill you, you should have a free pass to kill them as much as you want.  Overstepping the chain of command or whatever is an IC issue, not a rules issue.  But I was told that this is not allowed, and was formally warned for it.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10821 on: October 17, 2013, 12:31:42 pm »

But really, once someone attempts to kill you, you should have a free pass to kill them as much as you want.  Overstepping the chain of command or whatever is an IC issue, not a rules issue.  But I was told that this is not allowed, and was formally warned for it.

Next time don't bother capturing him, just finish him off as soon as he attacks you so it's self defense.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10822 on: October 17, 2013, 01:58:47 pm »

Well, I'm back from tests and Spain.

But my power keeps going out, so...

But anyway, I'm actually back this time.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: October 17, 2013, 02:30:35 pm »

Yeah, that's shitty. If someone is incompetently trying to kill me and sec/Cap/HoP aren't doing anything about it (or, just as likely, there is no Captain, HoP, or sec), I'll just kill them back and borg them. Because no offense, but if you fuck up an assassination in a way that makes it obvious you were trying to kill someone, and there's no sec to deal with you, you've got it coming. That's what the self-defense clause is there for.

But like I said, if someone is trying to kill me, especially if there's been escalation and back-and-forth, I won't hesitate to kill if I think they're a threat to me and Sec is missing/incompetent. If they're being interesting (read: supervillainish) I might play along, but if they're just trying to gank me and suck at it, screw them. People who ahelp because they're shitty antags and get killed by someone they failed to kill are obnoxious. Especially when you consider how damn easy it is to kill someone that doesn't suspect you yet if you're just trying for a clean kill, rather than an entertaining one. :|

Yeah, this is exactly what happened to me. Antag tries to kill me, sec/command is not present/incompetent/dealing with insane vending machines, so my options were try to drag the guy around and hope he doesn't get away, leave him with the sec guys to get away after they let him go in 1 minute, or incapacitate him. I figured that was pretty good RP too, since I know if someone was trying to kill me, and for whatever reason the cops wouldn't do anything, I'd rather take matters into my own hands than just hope the guy doesn't try again.

I did choose the most violent possible way to incapacitate him, (Praise lord singuloth) but that was hardly relevant with 5 minutes left in the round anyway.

That's BS. Play somewhere else. People that dumb are not worth your time and can only bring you down.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10824 on: October 17, 2013, 03:02:14 pm »

It's just me and Glloyd on here. Anyone else wanna join?

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10825 on: October 17, 2013, 03:47:31 pm »

Welcome back Mrnocamera.

I'll join in a bit once I finish my homework, the teachers were not kind today.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10826 on: October 17, 2013, 03:56:30 pm »

Next time don't bother capturing him, just finish him off as soon as he attacks you so it's self defense.

This. If you capture a bad antag, you've basically fucked yourself. If you kill them, they'll whine in ahelp about it. If you keep them confined for the rest of the round, they'll whine in ahelp. If you turn them over to incompsecurity, they'll make another poorly executed attempt on your life as soon as they're released. Just kill the fucker the first time and be done with it. Incidentally, this makes me wish that theft and assassination were tiered rather than equal, so only someone who's had a few antag rounds trying to steal stuff can be given an assassination target. A botched theft seems less likely to lead to whining than a botched murder. Antag lessthanprotip: If you're playing antag role with the mindset of "What is the optimal method for completing my objective?" rather than "What is the most entertaining (for both the crew and myself) method for completing my objective?", you're doing it wrong. It's okay the first few antag rounds, but once you know what you're doing, make it interesting. Goodness knows I fail at that often enough, I need more practice with hostage-taking and bomb threats as opposed to just blowing crap up. I've heard it put by someone (I think Hans) as being something akin to being a GM for the station that round: your job isn't to complete the objective, it's to make the round fun; you aren't playing against the other players, you're playing together, with the shared goal of a enjoyable experience.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: October 17, 2013, 04:54:30 pm »

This. If you capture a bad antag, you've basically fucked yourself. If you kill them, they'll whine in ahelp about it. If you keep them confined for the rest of the round, they'll whine in ahelp. If you turn them over to incompsecurity, they'll make another poorly executed attempt on your life as soon as they're released. Just kill the fucker the first time and be done with it. Incidentally, this makes me wish that theft and assassination were tiered rather than equal, so only someone who's had a few antag rounds trying to steal stuff can be given an assassination target. A botched theft seems less likely to lead to whining than a botched murder. Antag lessthanprotip: If you're playing antag role with the mindset of "What is the optimal method for completing my objective?" rather than "What is the most entertaining (for both the crew and myself) method for completing my objective?", you're doing it wrong. It's okay the first few antag rounds, but once you know what you're doing, make it interesting. Goodness knows I fail at that often enough, I need more practice with hostage-taking and bomb threats as opposed to just blowing crap up. I've heard it put by someone (I think Hans) as being something akin to being a GM for the station that round: your job isn't to complete the objective, it's to make the round fun; you aren't playing against the other players, you're playing together, with the shared goal of a enjoyable experience.

...and then someone harmbatons you to death, clones you then leaves the blind clone in a straightjacket in permabrig. Right.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: October 17, 2013, 05:01:23 pm »

I attempted to try and get BYOND working on my Mac, through various methods, and none have them worked.
I tried: PlayOnMac
Wineskin
And Virtualbox.
Anyone have a suggestion for what I should do, or even can do?
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10829 on: October 17, 2013, 05:05:14 pm »

...and then someone harmbatons you to death, clones you then leaves the blind clone in a straightjacket in permabrig. Right.

Not necessarily. I've killed someone out of legitimate fear for my life (after they repeatedly abused their power, attacked me, and finally cornered me in a dark room and started digging through their backpack), when (as it turned out) neither of us were antags. I gave myself up to the rest of the crew after that, and I ended up being released, because my reasoning was valid. That's this server, though.

Also, if people are that active dealing with murders, why would an incompetent murderer going after you be a problem in the first place? Alternatively, why would you make it obvious that you killed them if you know you're playing with fuckwits?  ???

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 1654