Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117435 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10725 on: October 15, 2013, 12:40:01 pm »

Thus ended my glorious solo 90 minute maintenance-man shift.  It was lonely, but I learned a lot.  Namely, don't walk into fire.  Fire bad.

Don't be anywhere near fire without internals and a firesuit. Firesuits will protect you from residual fire damage as long as you aren't standing IN the fire. And fire extinguishers will make the area you spray livable for like a second, so you can use them and a fire suit to sprint through a towering inferno. Also, you need the internals otherwise you're breathing superheated CO2 and plasma, and that is bad.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10726 on: October 15, 2013, 12:58:07 pm »

You should've also learned that fire is worthless against space vines. Use welders or scythes.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: October 15, 2013, 01:02:24 pm »

You need to have the id in your hand and click on the comms console with it to use it.

Yeah, tried that.  Also tried ID in PDA in hand, and ID in ID slot, and ID in PDA in ID slot.  Nothing worked for it.  :(  I can only assume it got beaten up by whatever it was that blew up.

I had the same problem recently but luckily Nien was able to give me the solution over adminhelp. This should work:
ID in one hand, other hand empty
Click on the comms console  with the empty hand
Switch your active hand to the one with the ID
Select the log in option

Also, if no heads are on, you can use the captain's spare ID from his office to call the shuttle.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10728 on: October 15, 2013, 01:04:33 pm »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: October 15, 2013, 01:09:57 pm »

All of the above, although scythes are OP against vines.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10730 on: October 15, 2013, 01:19:42 pm »

Scythes > Goats
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: October 15, 2013, 01:38:44 pm »

Scythes > Goats
I don't know. You get a good grip on a goat, and you can just pull them through weeds like your pants are on fire. They eat every square of weeds they pass over. If you could set a scythe on autosweep, that'd be boss, though.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10732 on: October 15, 2013, 01:57:11 pm »

Scythes > Goats
I don't know. You get a good grip on a goat, and you can just pull them through weeds like your pants are on fire. They eat every square of weeds they pass over. If you could set a scythe on autosweep, that'd be boss, though.

You can clear a whole hallway with a scythe, albeit swipe by swipe. The goat is susceptible to kicking you, getting knocked out of your grip by assholes on harm intent, and also does not make you look like the Space Grim Reaper.
He's fucking with us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: October 15, 2013, 02:06:46 pm »

Plus scythes can clear tables and counters. And can get 3-5 tiles at once.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10734 on: October 15, 2013, 02:07:10 pm »

Scythes > Goats

You can clear a whole hallway with a scythe, albeit swipe by swipe. The goat is susceptible to kicking you, getting knocked out of your grip by assholes on harm intent, and also does not make you look like the Space Grim Reaper.
It makes you look like a Space Goatherd.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: October 15, 2013, 02:08:15 pm »

Scythes > Goats

A goat doesn't require you to click on a one pixel wide vine.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10736 on: October 15, 2013, 02:11:37 pm »

Scythes > Goats

A goat doesn't require you to click on a one pixel wide vine.
Then it sounds like the optimal solution is to dual wield a goat and a scythe.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: October 15, 2013, 02:12:50 pm »

Or better yet, release a pack of goats and follow with the scythe. Goats WILL go after vines on there own.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10738 on: October 15, 2013, 02:13:22 pm »

I knew I could milk this for an OOCQ for the OOCQT.
He's fucking with us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: October 15, 2013, 02:15:38 pm »

I knew I could milk this for an OOCQ for the OOCQT.
You... you used me! HOW COULD YOU, YOU MONSTER?
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 1654