Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116838 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10515 on: October 04, 2013, 08:12:28 pm »

I ALWAYS MISS THE GOOD ONES.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: October 04, 2013, 08:19:07 pm »

Well, here is hopeing that the next round is good.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: October 04, 2013, 10:55:38 pm »

Last night was my turn again to be the traitor against my will.
This time I mentally shut down for 'only' 20 minutes, that's progress.

Spoiler: I'm verbose. (click to show/hide)

So yeah, still too slow, sloppy and pointlessly stealthy. No way that would have worked in a medium-pop round, or even with just another two crewmembers aboard, but it sure was a learning experience.

Hahaha holy shit I was the assistant and yea that was me at escape. I saw you welding up the doors and stuff. I was actually in my little bunker thing most of the round and shouted stuff about borgs randomly, never knew you emaged them though. And yea I did see your flashlight through the walls, It was a good thing you didn't come in as I would've shot anyone that came through that door.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: October 04, 2013, 11:26:01 pm »

Last night was my turn again to be the traitor against my will.
This time I mentally shut down for 'only' 20 minutes, that's progress.

Spoiler: I'm verbose. (click to show/hide)

So yeah, still too slow, sloppy and pointlessly stealthy. No way that would have worked in a medium-pop round, or even with just another two crewmembers aboard, but it sure was a learning experience.

Cool story, Bro.

It WAS a cool story. I was in it, even. I tried dragging both Nicole (who had promised to recharge me) and Hector (who was my master) to the recharger. I kept running back and forth to get their attention, since decharged borgs can't speak, hear, or emote. No luck. I seriously thought i missed a handful of traitor instructions and Hector would be all "why did n't you follow orders?" And I'd be all "I couldn't hear.

I did catch the uplink in Nicole's message. I don't think it would have had any meaning for the borg, nor would it have been a concern, really.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: October 04, 2013, 11:27:30 pm »

... I think I accidentally the server. This is why we don't let me play with explosions late at night. That or I lagged it so bad it FEELS broken.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: October 04, 2013, 11:31:10 pm »

I think you borked it hard. I'l try relogging.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: October 05, 2013, 08:46:40 am »

The server has been restarted, let me know if you still have issues
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: October 05, 2013, 10:07:38 am »

One of the things I like about the server is that it is not public. I got... discourged from the public servers I used to play on do to a batch of people that would come on at times when admins were not on and just grief the hell out of the rounds. (I tend to observe my killers and when someone bugs me, I tend to take a round off and observe them. Had an annoying issue with a guy who spent every round just killing whoever he could, or if he could grab A.I. flooding the station regardless of laws).

I like the community we have, though admit we need more players, so I would be favorable going public if we could have some more active admins/mods. I think Hans or Jacob mentioned during a game that that a good portion of the current ones are not active. I also support a time delay, 2-3 days, on head roles to prevent ban-dodgers from just making new accounts in attempts to grab them and cause problems from the get-go.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: October 05, 2013, 01:13:02 pm »

More proof that pAI is the best job:
http://pastebin.com/ADVnCVuq

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: October 05, 2013, 01:23:42 pm »

One of the things I like about the server is that it is not public. I got... discourged from the public servers I used to play on do to a batch of people that would come on at times when admins were not on and just grief the hell out of the rounds. (I tend to observe my killers and when someone bugs me, I tend to take a round off and observe them. Had an annoying issue with a guy who spent every round just killing whoever he could, or if he could grab A.I. flooding the station regardless of laws).

I like the community we have, though admit we need more players, so I would be favorable going public if we could have some more active admins/mods. I think Hans or Jacob mentioned during a game that that a good portion of the current ones are not active. I also support a time delay, 2-3 days, on head roles to prevent ban-dodgers from just making new accounts in attempts to grab them and cause problems from the get-go.

Yeah, sadly over half of our admins don't go on at all. We're trying to address it.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: October 05, 2013, 01:25:08 pm »

Max-size singularity > Nar-Sie. Humans have developed a way to kill gods themselves.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: October 05, 2013, 01:25:19 pm »

More proof that pAI is the best job:
http://pastebin.com/ADVnCVuq

This proves everyone in space hasn't heard of internet/extranet/whatevernet safety.

Totally.

I agree, we need to go public for more than a weekend, see if we can get more players that would be willing to come back. I do agree a more active admin/mod group, but I'm sure, even if it's just to settle disputes, frequent players from our community here could be appointed to traffic those and bring the more major issues to the admins who have the power to settle it.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: October 05, 2013, 01:46:48 pm »

I agree for public as well. It is nice to have more players willing to actually play. Ice, would there be a bunch of trialmins to temporarily play and monitor public players/griefers?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: October 05, 2013, 01:48:23 pm »

I agree for public as well. It is nice to have more players willing to actually play. Ice, would there be a bunch of trialmins to temporarily play and monitor public players/griefers?

That is pretty much what I was elaborating on.

The admins decide, from past experience, who would be most reliable as a trialmin, they PM them, ask if they would be alright trialminning, then once we are public we would have a few more trialmins who would be able to get on and help moderate.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: October 06, 2013, 04:42:03 am »

I'd just like to drop in and say I'm resigning. So, yeah. Seeya!

Please, try and get more players and go public. I'll be on TG.
Also, everyone. PLEASE try and be more polite to admins. It really is annoying. Do it for me.

I'll drop on occasionally.
Also, Steam is RedFox48 and I'm normally on #coderbus, #tgstation13, and #trialbus if you -REALLY- want to talk about stuff. I'll be redfox47 on there too.

Players who are really cool follows:
CoraiUnki
Jacob_Lee
HansPanda
Cheedows
AndroidSFV
Glloyd
Iceblaster
Miauw62
Bdthemag
Aseaheru
Ozarck
KG
Nienhaus
Vactor
Akylon
Electronics

Please try and get some more admins. I was here since the server started. I don't want to see it go down.

So, yeah. Keep doing what you're doing, folks. I'm out.
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1654