Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116360 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10215 on: September 17, 2013, 06:03:19 pm »

I've never actually been glomped by a slime as xenobiologist. Other times oh yeah, but never as xenobiologist. Human too.
Eh, it's still worth it, both because it removes the necessity of speed from culling newly split slimes, and because it allows you to manage six breeding pens without needing to worry about food-imprinting on all of them. It also means that you can use hungry slimes as traps much more effectively, because you know they won't go for you instead of the target.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10216 on: September 17, 2013, 06:06:26 pm »

It was my belief that food imprinting work along the entire lineage of the original slime. Which would make sense considering it's technically the same slime. I agree that use of slimes as weapons would be considerably more risky than normal, but being human means the AI can't screw you over if no-one bothers to upload a slimepeople are human law.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

M3hillus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10217 on: September 17, 2013, 08:40:38 pm »

If you can't flood the station with plasma, you are a bad atmos tech.
If you cannot kill an atmos tech flooding the station with plasma, you are a bad player.

Unless the plasma gets you. In that case, it's excusable. Or if they have a stun weapon.
That is true for basically every job. And it's not always sure who was flooding.
Assumptions RP-wise (for me):
Atmos tech
Engineers
Rest of crew

Actual assumptions (on nearly every server ever):
No redone piping: AI
Redone piping: Atmos tech
I find even IF I redid the piping, the atmos doesnt push through fast enough for my liking.
'He can't even drive a car!'
'Perfect!'

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10218 on: September 17, 2013, 09:20:02 pm »

It was my belief that food imprinting work along the entire lineage of the original slime. Which would make sense considering it's technically the same slime. I agree that use of slimes as weapons would be considerably more risky than normal, but being human means the AI can't screw you over if no-one bothers to upload a slimepeople are human law.
Thing is, if descendent slimes get hungry enough, they'll still glomp you. It also restricts you to ~2 breeding slimes active per person, otherwise you can't re-imprint with every generation. The AI point is valid, though mostly on other servers where people are more prone to lelvalid killing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10219 on: September 17, 2013, 09:31:55 pm »

One good way to win a round: I asked the captain to let me get into Xeno to get a slime extract. He let me. Call the shuttle while everyone is at a trial (which is the second one in two days that I witnessed). I tend to win theft objectives more by asking than anything.

This round ... almost managed to capture the antag. Well, the AI did most of the work. Antag escapes before Hector and I could stop him. And the whole time I thought it was the Detective ...

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10220 on: September 17, 2013, 09:38:00 pm »

Alrighty so we need people. It's just four of us and we are currently making awkward small talk.

INSOMNIACS ASSEMBLE

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10221 on: September 17, 2013, 09:45:43 pm »

This round ... almost managed to capture the antag. Well, the AI did most of the work. Antag escapes before Hector and I could stop him. And the whole time I thought it was the Detective ...

I take it you were the CE who was looking for the captain's ID. It was in the locked patient closet in the room we left the detective in. I actually caught him breaking into the captain's office.. while I was breaking in. Paraphrased: "So.. breaking in?" "Yup. You?" "Yup". That was the first of many many times that round I thought I'd have to murder a witness, but somehow still managed to end up not killing anyone.

I was very very lucky to escape that one though. Hector nearly got me with the stun prod and you were actually in a very good position to storm in later on when you were in the captain's armour - I'd run out of stun charges by then so you'd have been almost certain to win. Really tense finish for me, though to an observer it would have looked like fearful cowering in a maintenance tunnel.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10222 on: September 17, 2013, 10:05:10 pm »

Join!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10223 on: September 17, 2013, 10:08:10 pm »

I am coming back from some One F Jef Xenonaut Hannah Montana stuff.

Makes sense in context. Truuuust me

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10224 on: September 18, 2013, 12:05:45 am »

I take it you were the CE who was looking for the captain's ID. It was in the locked patient closet in the room we left the detective in. I actually caught him breaking into the captain's office.. while I was breaking in. Paraphrased: "So.. breaking in?" "Yup. You?" "Yup". That was the first of many many times that round I thought I'd have to murder a witness, but somehow still managed to end up not killing anyone.

I was very very lucky to escape that one though. Hector nearly got me with the stun prod and you were actually in a very good position to storm in later on when you were in the captain's armour - I'd run out of stun charges by then so you'd have been almost certain to win. Really tense finish for me, though to an observer it would have looked like fearful cowering in a maintenance tunnel.

yep, that was me. I didn't know which way you were planning on breaking out, so I kept trying to cover all the bases until Hector got there. I completely missed it when you did break out. You role played innocent well enough that if I hadn't been going back into the Captain's office for one more attempt to find the ID, you would have gotten away clean. It didn't help that two of the three heads kinda disappeared (SSD and conversion to AI) and our non-antag detective, of all people, decided to be a criminal.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10225 on: September 18, 2013, 10:44:35 am »

I'm going to try to set up another playtest either later this week, or this weekend depending on my workload. And, if all goes well, we might be using the new map next time Vactor updates.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10226 on: September 18, 2013, 11:16:31 am »

Yo if somebody could join that'd be totes rad yo.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10227 on: September 18, 2013, 11:32:16 am »

Hooray, AI photography got merged into TG. Also, to those that helped me test and found that there were black images for floors in the kitchen, I found the fix for that and that is awaiting merger into TG as well.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10228 on: September 18, 2013, 11:45:06 am »

I'm going to try to set up another playtest either later this week, or this weekend depending on my workload. And, if all goes well, we might be using the new map next time Vactor updates.
I haven't been around for any of the actual playtests, outside of starting a test server (more to learn the ropes of a job and layout of a map a bit better). From the last version posted, it looks pretty neat. Feels a whole lot larger than Meta.

Any chance to make a mini-map like the other stations have at different parts of the halls?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 11:48:41 am by Itnetlolor »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10229 on: September 18, 2013, 12:31:58 pm »

I haven't been around for any of the actual playtests, outside of starting a test server (more to learn the ropes of a job and layout of a map a bit better). From the last version posted, it looks pretty neat. Feels a whole lot larger than Meta.

Any chance to make a mini-map like the other stations have at different parts of the halls?

Yeah, I think Nien was doing the map at one point, but I dunno what happened. I'll put something together shortly.
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 1654