Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116186 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10140 on: September 14, 2013, 07:39:19 pm »

Well, if it spread like plasma, it'd be fine. I think. Does plasma spreading cause lag?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: September 14, 2013, 07:48:27 pm »

Once the fire starts (Which is pretty much inevitable when someone on the station smokes) it will lag with all the breaches and atmosphere changes.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: September 14, 2013, 08:37:25 pm »

Not much though. It could be done, if the Corruption was made to spread plasma, and the Necros breathed it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: September 14, 2013, 08:38:57 pm »

I was thinking of a unique poisonous gas, but plasma would work as well.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: September 14, 2013, 09:03:48 pm »

Again, I could help with some spriting, and some less-than-useful flavor items. I'm more likely to stick to something that's a community effort anyway.

In the very least, I could try to make four base necromorph sprites, three of which I'll make mostly humanoid methinks.

If they're a mob, what will they be able to equip, if anything? I do like the "ingrained items" bit, but they might not be visible depending on what I do with the base sprites.

Well, here's a good place to start. The one that we have in there currently is the Slasher, and the little one is the Lurker. I think a Spitters would be good, albiet in smaller quantities, because it could be ranged, with the health of the Slasher. Pregnants would be pretty cool too, because I could make them spawn swarmers upon death if I made a landmark for it. Of course, that's just if you want to stick to the source material.
I'm going to try my hand at the spitter.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: September 14, 2013, 11:07:20 pm »

Again, I could help with some spriting, and some less-than-useful flavor items. I'm more likely to stick to something that's a community effort anyway.

In the very least, I could try to make four base necromorph sprites, three of which I'll make mostly humanoid methinks.

If they're a mob, what will they be able to equip, if anything? I do like the "ingrained items" bit, but they might not be visible depending on what I do with the base sprites.

Well, here's a good place to start. The one that we have in there currently is the Slasher, and the little one is the Lurker. I think a Spitters would be good, albiet in smaller quantities, because it could be ranged, with the health of the Slasher. Pregnants would be pretty cool too, because I could make them spawn swarmers upon death if I made a landmark for it. Of course, that's just if you want to stick to the source material.
I'm going to try my hand at the spitter.

Awesome. Upload the sprites somewhere and I'll work them in.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: September 14, 2013, 11:31:11 pm »

That round... the robusting. Shamforu dispuray from all of us, commit great dishonor slippy-sliding on clown PDA that many times.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: September 14, 2013, 11:32:30 pm »

That was a sufficiently terrible way to handle a hostage situation.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: September 14, 2013, 11:41:11 pm »

Steph Mc. ReasonableCaptain tries to negotiate for the release of the hostage, not expecting Art (the RD Who Doesn't Do Anything) and her sidekick/laser-tag buddy Alden to actually find the clown. When we capture Peps (after much failure on my part, Alden's heroics, and a cloud of NO2 being released), I drag her sleeping body to the bridge and Steph promptly shoots her dead, then shoos me away. So, the dynamic duo go out again, this time with all-access on my card. When we actually find the clown, Steph switches over to KILLMAIMBURN mode and we search the pods. Cue that fustercluck at Dorms. After much stupidity and the clown using up nearly every charge in the area I finally tag her with a taser, shoot her dead, weld le critted/nekkid clown in a locker, and drag Steph just far enough that her corpse accidentally goes shooting out into space when the pod leaves, rather than being safe and sound as my buttrest on the pod. Vlad, ironically enough, came out the healthiest of any of us. I think that Alden was critted, and Steph probably was too even before space, the clown was critted, and I was about a peck on the cheek away from going into crit.

Obviously the best way to resolve hostage situations is for everyone to get into a slapstick brawl while the hostage watches from a safe distance.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10150 on: September 15, 2013, 12:19:35 am »

I was dressed in lingerie and cuffed to a chair! What was I supposed to do :P

EDIT: Cue OOCQ thread :P

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: September 15, 2013, 12:35:52 am »

Someone was playing an Alden? Not Moore, surely? If so, my reputation for incompetence might be jeopardized. This is troubling.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: September 15, 2013, 01:00:17 am »

Mind if I sig that, Ice?
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: September 15, 2013, 02:41:00 am »

Uh, guys. I don't think this will ever make it anywhere else than our own repo if we mess with atmos. Let's just leave that part alone.

And ingrained stuff probably wouldn't be visible, obviously. Not sure if it's a good idea. Necromorph forms could be based on what dead matter is on one tile.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: September 15, 2013, 07:34:23 am »

Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1654