Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116095 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10110 on: September 14, 2013, 12:34:52 am »

I finally played as a clown. I'm really not sure what I was expecting, but it's a surprisingly fun job. Magnifico Giganticus will stalk honk the station many times over.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: September 14, 2013, 12:42:54 am »

My favorite thing to do as the clown is to talk my way into access and supposed responsibility for something of moderate or better importance, spend a long time completely screwing everything up (like, say taking all of the equipment and circuit boards from the department and hiding it on the testing range/asteroid/whatever), waiting for it to be discovered and raged at, and so forth. When finally confronted about it, there is only one response: HONK.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: September 14, 2013, 01:24:55 am »

Enjoy what I did tonight during my tiredness~ :P

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #10113 on: September 14, 2013, 11:10:08 am »

@iceblaster, you made be laughs :D
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: September 14, 2013, 11:24:43 am »

We have functional necromorphs?
Dayum.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: September 14, 2013, 11:34:41 am »

We have functional necromorphs?
Dayum.
They're hostile simple_animals right now, like syndies and carp. I modified its faction to make it friendly to Vladmir then assumed control to make it talk.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: September 14, 2013, 11:40:49 am »

They're not incredibly tough, either. The little ones take one or two laser shots to kill and have a really weak ranged attack, the humanoid ones take 2-3 shots to kill and aren't particularly fast or aggressive.

3. Run Resize Enable

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: September 14, 2013, 11:42:47 am »

They're not incredibly tough, either. The little ones take one or two laser shots to kill and have a really weak ranged attack, the humanoid ones take 2-3 shots to kill and aren't particularly fast or aggressive.

The idea was to make them easy to take down individually, but tough in large groups (i.e: hivebots).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: September 14, 2013, 11:47:53 am »

The idea was to make them easy to take down individually, but tough in large groups (i.e: hivebots).

Eeh. Someone spawned ~4 of each in the medbay lobby the other night and I picked off the 6 that were still alive with ~15 laser shots while taking a handful of brute damage, enough that one bruise pack use healed me. Part of the problem is that they don't actually start chasing until you're maybe four or five tiles away, and they give up and reset to idling as soon as you leave LOS. In other words, you'd pretty much need to be trapped in a dead-end with no decent weapon and a dozen+ necromorphs for them to be a serious threat.

The hivebots are scary because:
-Fast as fuck
-Tiny sprite is hard to click, especially in a hurry
-Relatively high damage
-Large area of aggression
-Can break windows quickly

3. Run Resize Enable

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: September 14, 2013, 11:52:41 am »

So you're saying I should make them harder...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10120 on: September 14, 2013, 12:35:56 pm »

If you're intending them to be a threat, sure. Either

a) Make them deal more damage
b) Make them aggro on sight/at longer ranges (if possible--I'm not terribly familiar with the code)
or
c) Make them more resistant to damage but leave their own damage as it is.

Personally I think C would be the best, both because it fits with their lore, and because we already have several glass cannon style mobs (carp, hivebots, spiders, etc.). Some sort of natural armor against brute and burn damage, maybe. Enough to make them take a good number of hits (maybe 5-6 lasers/12-15 whacks with a crowbar) before they die. That way you have that mob danger, but in a different style. It'd also make it interesting to fight large numbers of them.

3. Run Resize Enable

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10121 on: September 14, 2013, 12:40:03 pm »

Well, at the moment, they crit an unarmored person in 10 hits. So maybe drop that a bit and crank up their resistance a bit?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: September 14, 2013, 12:54:45 pm »

Dice, bruise packs heal one body part to 100% :P

Necromorphs just need to be their own gamemode to be fun, really.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10123 on: September 14, 2013, 12:55:50 pm »

Yeah, that would probably be the way to go. Variety is the spice of spess, after all.

pre-post-edit: Funny thing, I wasn't even armored during that fight. They just never got close enough to hit me because I could keep ducking around corners to draw them off one by one. It sort of looked like they had trouble pathing through broken windows, too, for whatever reason.

Dice, bruise packs heal one body part to 100% :P

Necromorphs just need to be their own gamemode to be fun, really.
I didn't have a scanner, but my little health indicator was still bright green, just a hair under 100%. Those ranged attacks do piddly damage. I mean, it's probably something similar to being hit with a thrown soda can.

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: September 14, 2013, 12:59:07 pm »

Either way, a beacon should be placed at a random blob_start location, and anybody within X tiles of that gradually takes brute damage. Dead bodies within that range revive into necromorphs. Dead simple_animals become small ones and humans become big ones, altough there's a lot of potential for more variation in here. For each necromorph added, the range of the beacon extends. That'd be the basis, anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 1654