Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2115975 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10035 on: September 11, 2013, 01:21:42 pm »

Quote from: Flying Dice
It's also, incidentally, why I enjoy playing Research roles so much: they've got a bunch of interesting indirect ways to cause chaos. bombs.
You know it's true.
I'll admit, I have a near-fetishistic weakness for the raeg that comes right after the lag-spike. It's a problem and I need to branch out, but it's just so much fun to cause that sort of havoc. :P

But seriously, science has other fun things they can do: spawning hostile mobs from gold slime extract, spawning and enraging hordes of slimes, trap lockers with slimes inside, turning people into slimes, releasing clouds of plasma (potentially putting blame on the AI or engineers if nobody sees the canny), lighting the same on fire, giving out lethal weapons to unstable individuals, building and emagging bots, subverting borgs and the AI, and yes, the various applications of bombs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: September 11, 2013, 02:21:22 pm »

I only intentionally bomb genetics if I've got a kill/escape alone objective, otherwise I try to leave medical more-or-less intact. Doesn't help that it's next to the escape hall, though, so it usually gets an edge chewed off. Other than that, priority targets are (as you said) the engine, the AI (if we have one), bridge/captain's quarters (if the shuttle has already been called), EVA, and the escape hall.

3. Run Resize Enable

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: September 11, 2013, 02:55:39 pm »

one round i were ai and had to restart the singularity with an engieborg while the actual engi on deck was busy dying of stupid, all this after a particularly bad meteor round
needless to say we thought we figured it out and then it escaped

engineering ho

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: September 11, 2013, 03:09:02 pm »

I usually end up raiding the armory and leave security with no way to fight me and then don the 'Dr Terribad' mask and go Ham it up... Then fail horribly

I should try stealth traitor someday

Meh, stealthraitor does little to make the round enjoyable, if you are stealthy properly no-one would notice anything happened, while if you don't, it's hardly stealthy.

This. There is very little point in being traitor if you parapen+c4, go back to doing your job and wait for someone to call the shuttle over something unrelated to you. You have two objectives: First one is variable. Second one is to Escape or Escape Alone. Either one means YOU need to get the shuttle called. Don't try to push that responsibility off on the rest of the players or the random events. YOU need to do it, because that is where a good half the excitement in a traitor round in. 'Bore everyone into calling the shuttle' is a shitty way to do that. It is SO very easy to hack into Engineering and cut the Emitter wires, if you feel like being lazy, and if you feel like being industrious, you can go around removing random floor tiles and opening sections of the station to space, or setting it all on fire, or bombing things (Which oddly enough, is ALSO overdone and can be pretty boring if you rely on just the bombing to do everything for you. Not to mention just as like to put someone out of the game, albeit permanently, as running around shooting at people is. :P )

I think my favorite traitor moment was as a Traitor Captain (I know, INFINITE POWAH) I built some bombs, went and released the singulo, then bombed part of Engineering, and a few other places, including Research. Then, I killed my target (Vlad, the RD) by putting him into the Toxins chamber, and I left a bomb outside the door as he suffocated. I blew that up, and circled around. At the entrance to RnD, I encountered Axl, who says, "What's going on?"
"Vlad's bombing the station. I'm going into RnD to find him."
*Axl heals me* "Be careful, he might have more bombs."
*Me wanders away snickering evilly to himself*
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: September 11, 2013, 03:15:01 pm »

Why is nobody on? I am saddened.

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: September 11, 2013, 03:34:35 pm »

Nobody is online besides me, where is everyone?
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: September 11, 2013, 03:57:29 pm »

I find that stealthtator becomes more fun if you fail to do it properly- a good round is one where the entire crew gets involved in a Yackety-Sax inducing chase scene.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: September 11, 2013, 05:34:07 pm »

Reason I hate being tator. Even with the damn preference off I've had to do it before. Too much responsibility to make the round fun.  :P

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: September 11, 2013, 05:54:25 pm »

I had fun, I failed but I still had fun.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: September 11, 2013, 06:54:45 pm »

I usually end up raiding the armory and leave security with no way to fight me and then don the 'Dr Terribad' mask and go Ham it up... Then fail horribly

I should try stealth traitor someday

Meh, stealthraitor does little to make the round enjoyable, if you are stealthy properly no-one would notice anything happened, while if you don't, it's hardly stealthy.

This. There is very little point in being traitor if you parapen+c4, go back to doing your job and wait for someone to call the shuttle over something unrelated to you. You have two objectives: First one is variable. Second one is to Escape or Escape Alone. Either one means YOU need to get the shuttle called. Don't try to push that responsibility off on the rest of the players or the random events. YOU need to do it, because that is where a good half the excitement in a traitor round in. 'Bore everyone into calling the shuttle' is a shitty way to do that. It is SO very easy to hack into Engineering and cut the Emitter wires, if you feel like being lazy, and if you feel like being industrious, you can go around removing random floor tiles and opening sections of the station to space, or setting it all on fire, or bombing things (Which oddly enough, is ALSO overdone and can be pretty boring if you rely on just the bombing to do everything for you. Not to mention just as like to put someone out of the game, albeit permanently, as running around shooting at people is. :P )

There's a difference there, though. I'll admit that just straight bombing is overdone, but it's hardly the same thing as intentionally shooting/spacing people, unless you're dropping bombs in crowds. If you're just bombing critical areas to cause panic and confusion, casualties are unintended side effects, not a deliberate action on your part. The only thing less exciting than one person scurrying around capturing and killing/torturing lone people while every else faffs about wondering what to do is if nothing at all happens. Bombing's tired, true enough, but nowhere near as much as "Bwahaha! I will put the armory in my backpack and run around being a badass!", if only because the knowledge and effort required to get into the armory and robust people is more widespread and less (respectively) than that required to make a bunch of high-yield bombs and plant them without being noticed.

RAWR, opinions! Be on later tonight, gotta get my War Thunder fix on first.

3. Run Resize Enable

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: September 11, 2013, 07:39:23 pm »

DID YOU KNOW:

Going through some of the bullet code. If you throw a bullet at someone (not a shotgun shell, a bullet) it does the same damage as it would if it was shot from a gun.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: September 11, 2013, 07:41:12 pm »

Alright so my strategy lately is boring.

Shoot me.

I'll be on later. Writing random thingy

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: September 11, 2013, 07:42:45 pm »

DID YOU KNOW:

Going through some of the bullet code. If you throw a bullet at someone (not a shotgun shell, a bullet) it does the same damage as it would if it was shot from a gun.

I... What? I've gotta try this sometime. ._.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: September 11, 2013, 07:45:14 pm »

Presumably spessmen are all secretly Magneto.

3. Run Resize Enable

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: September 11, 2013, 07:53:39 pm »

DID YOU KNOW:

I... What? I've gotta try this sometime. ._.

Just don't throw the casing. It's thing with lasers and stuns, but you can't throw them I believe. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1654