Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2115896 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10020 on: September 10, 2013, 03:50:21 pm »

I was just reminded of something. I know you've been sort of worried about ruining rounds with adminfuckery, Hans. Do you remember that round a while back where I goldslimed a friendly wraith (or whatever it was) and showed it to Alina, then you ended up possessing it? The one that culminated with NAR-SIE spawning on the shuttle when it got to Centcomm? That was a golden example of how you (general you and you personally) do it right; it built on an RP hook that existed before the event, spiraled from there, and didn't turn into the crew getting curbstomped by anything nasty (until Centcomm, anyhow).

I remember that round. It was amazing and fun to RP. Things like this are what admins really should do more often in my opinion.

... I don't think that was me. o.O

I think it was RedFox. He tends toward the hyperdramatic round ends. I think I was there for that round end.

Ah, it might have been. It's still a great example of adminfuckery done right, in either case.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10021 on: September 10, 2013, 05:00:29 pm »

So yeah. Players... eight at the moment but more would be nice.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10022 on: September 10, 2013, 05:52:07 pm »

Have a crappy semester, I'l try to join on the weekends! I know, last school year I played because I was an unproductive procrastinator but I'm actually trying to get something done this year!

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10023 on: September 10, 2013, 06:53:12 pm »

Have a crappy semester, I'l try to join on the weekends! I know, last school year I played because I was an unproductive procrastinator but I'm actually trying to get something done this year!

I know what you mean, I've got a really busy semester but I'm hoping to be able to play a bunch of games in my spare time.

Spare time meaning not a lot of time.  :'(

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10024 on: September 10, 2013, 07:58:14 pm »

I'm hoping to get into a good rhythm of "work enough to be acceptable, then screw around a lot," this semester. It would help if I knew what I was doing, but I contracted a huge case of "Eh, whaever," and it's slowing me down.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10025 on: September 10, 2013, 10:27:56 pm »

My usual MO is something like tonight. "Exam tomorrow? Fuck that, spessmen!"

Incidentally, apologies about the sloppy crowd-bombing last round, but Vlad was just insisting on not leaving medbay lobby.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10026 on: September 11, 2013, 12:08:12 am »

(Note: This isn't on Urist McStation.)

So I was just deciding to pop in on a mid-game round and noticed security officer was available, so I chose that. I arrive on the shuttle and notice that I'm a traitor and my objectives are to assassinate Alison Brooks the Centcom Rep. I'm thinking to myself: "All right, I can do this..." One of the first times as a traitor (With a reasonable objective.) so I decide I need to make this count. I arrive in arrivals and suddenly get chatter from the security channel saying I need to gear up and get down to the bridge. I have no want to do that so I just go and gear up and start plotting how to take Alison down...

After I finish gearing up I check my PDA to hopefully lure her somewhere. I check and notice that there's an Alison brook but she's a roboticist. Alright, I guess she just change jobs. I quickly run into the security washrooms and order myself some stuff from the Syndicate uplink; Parapen, check. Energy sword, che- Woops, clicked Energy Crossbow. Oh well, could be worse I guess.

I start formulating a plan and decide it would be best to reconnoiter the situation down at robotics. On the way the emergency shuttle is called so I'm instantly placed on a time limit. Getting there I run to the window and ask the Roboticist there that I need to question Alison. He says that she's in surgery and that she's a mute and that I should wait in the adjacent room. He let me into Robotics and she just finished cutting the brain out of a person and installing it into a borg. She comes over and I ask if I can ask her a couple questions, we walk towards matienence and I parapen her and start attacking her finishing her off quickly. (At this point I feel really bad because this was the first time I've ever killed another person on SS13 even though I've played many, many games.)

Unfortunately for me a hydroponics opens up and two botanists walk through as I'm attacking her. They begin questioning me and I begin spouting stuff like that she accosted me and that I may have over-reacted a bit. I suggest taking her to the medbay and they tell me to come through hydroponics. Drat... I guess I can't just walk away. I walk through Hydroponics and begin a sprint to the bar maintenece and then back around to hydroponics where I hide her in a locker.

Queue me waiting down the timer for the shuttle to arrive. I felt really guilty so I ended up dragging her to the shuttle and strapping her into the chair because I felt that maybe once she reached centcomm she could be cloned. Later she messaged me on Byond about it saying that I was a nice traitor because I was trying to save her.

I guess I'm not cut out for being a traitor.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10027 on: September 11, 2013, 10:23:59 am »

You killed them, and they liked what you did.

That makes you a bad traitor?

Nah, Its not that. Just felt guilty afterwards.  :-\

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10028 on: September 11, 2013, 12:17:12 pm »

That's why I like para-choking people, it gives you plenty of time for an apologetic monologue, provided you do it in an area with little/no traffic.

3. Run Resize Enable

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10029 on: September 11, 2013, 12:26:09 pm »

I usually end up raiding the armory and leave security with no way to fight me and then don the 'Dr Terribad' mask and go Ham it up... Then fail horribly

I should try stealth traitor someday

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10030 on: September 11, 2013, 12:28:57 pm »

I usually end up raiding the armory and leave security with no way to fight me and then don the 'Dr Terribad' mask and go Ham it up... Then fail horribly

I should try stealth traitor someday

Meh, stealthraitor does little to make the round enjoyable, if you are stealthy properly no-one would notice anything happened, while if you don't, it's hardly stealthy.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10031 on: September 11, 2013, 12:33:15 pm »

Honestly...

It makes me think of the Traitor as the game's secret DM. Their job is to supply the fun, not to trounce everyone.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10032 on: September 11, 2013, 12:35:20 pm »

That's why I like para-choking people, it gives you plenty of time for an apologetic monologue, provided you do it in an area with little/no traffic.

I para-penned her and ended up whispering "I'm sorry, forgive me." to her.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10033 on: September 11, 2013, 12:42:38 pm »

Honestly...

It makes me think of the Traitor as the game's secret DM. Their job is to supply the fun, not to trounce everyone.
This. Whenever possible I stealth my objective and then start exacerbating existing problems and creating new ones from behind the scenes. Traitors who seem to think that murderbonering and turning the round into a melodrama centered on them shooting people makes it enjoyable... yeah, no. That's why I prefer to either keep my identity hidden when causing trouble, or reveal it in a dramatically appropriate way (preferably without actually killing anyone). It's also, incidentally, why I enjoy playing Research roles so much: they've got a bunch of interesting indirect ways to cause chaos.

The thing to remember above all else is that, even as a traitor, the worst thing you can do is nothing. The second worst is killing people (who aren't your objective). In both cases, they're bad because they bore people, either because nothing is happening or because they're out of the round until/unless they're cloned. The best rounds are the ones where lots of unexpected, dangerous things are happening, but few/no people die outright. That's what I try to aim for when I traitor. You've got to consider how (if at all) your actions can lead to interesting RP; just robusting everyone, while viable, is also frustrating and overdone.

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10034 on: September 11, 2013, 12:44:31 pm »

Quote from: Flying Dice
It's also, incidentally, why I enjoy playing Research roles so much: they've got a bunch of interesting indirect ways to cause chaos. bombs.
You know it's true.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 1654