Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2115551 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #9810 on: September 03, 2013, 05:14:25 pm »

A single guy will get overwhelmed, a marauder got slowly swarmed to wreckage once.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: September 03, 2013, 05:19:45 pm »

That's the problem we're trying to work around: too many humans and massed fire will kill the aliums at anything resembling a choke point, too few and they get overrun. Maybe something like a squad of 3 humans with good guns but basically no armor, so engaging is high-risk high-reward for both parties.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: September 03, 2013, 05:20:20 pm »

Well... It's the Inquisition, right? Who says that they're going to come out with the best weaponry the Empire has to offer? It might be more satisfying to have a bunch of grunts with a hodge-podge of equipment. Revolvers, lasguns, circular saws...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: September 03, 2013, 05:42:00 pm »

Send 'em with plain clothing and laser guns, watch as they huddle desperately around the recharger.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: September 03, 2013, 05:49:38 pm »

That's the problem we're trying to work around: too many humans and massed fire will kill the aliums at anything resembling a choke point, too few and they get overrun. Maybe something like a squad of 3 humans with good guns but basically no armor, so engaging is high-risk high-reward for both parties.
The thing about armor against in Xenos is that it's mostly worthless. They're just going to stunlock you, and then that's it. But if you have good weaponry and you can work well with atleast one person then it's GG for the aliens.

Well... It's the Inquisition, right? Who says that they're going to come out with the best weaponry the Empire has to offer? It might be more satisfying to have a bunch of grunts with a hodge-podge of equipment. Revolvers, lasguns, circular saws...
Well if it's in the Inquisition I don't see why they wouldn't come with the best weaponry... I think it would be better fitting we sent in a fireteam of Imperial Guardsmen against overwhelming odds of xenos. The guardsmen should just get some regular armor and lasguns and that should be that.

Edit: To make it fair for the xenos they should be given time to prepare the station to their liking because ironically enough the one thing they lack is mobility to move between powered rooms efficiently.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:53:06 pm by Kydrasz »
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: September 04, 2013, 01:07:52 am »

I used my super pro art skills to draw a clown.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: September 04, 2013, 01:17:14 am »

Three AIs. Me, as Eddie, MCipher as Life Simulator, and Jacob as Stormbreaker. I have Corporate, MCipher has PALADIN, and Jacob gets TYRANT. Chaos ensues.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: September 04, 2013, 01:21:09 am »

I used my super pro art skills to draw a clown.
Pageloss.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: September 04, 2013, 01:40:37 am »

Three AIs. Me, as Eddie, MCipher as Life Simulator, and Jacob as Stormbreaker. I have Corporate, MCipher has PALADIN, and Jacob gets TYRANT. Chaos ensues.
That round made my head spin. I was trying to think about my laws while also being battered by words from the other AIs and the crew, while also dueling with the massively conflicting lawsets over and over. To add more fuel to the fire, Red joins in as ICARUS with Asimov laws and eventually malf'd himself.

The ending was great, too. Three or four crewmen, realizing they were stuck in the battlefield between a bunch of unstable AIs, stormed the core. ICARUS was destroyed (I think he gibbed himself) and Eddie and I were carded. Not sure what happened to Life Simulator.

Funnily enough, Eddie harmed more people than I did. I never took a hostile action against a crewman, I actually spent a good bit reversing what the other AIs did. Nikolas was gunned down in the core, Derrik was boxed in by the cyborg and one of the AIs hit the panic syphon, then he got shocked by a door on his way out. That round was a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:42:31 am by Jacob/Lee »

M3hillus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: September 04, 2013, 02:23:39 am »

Jacob...you were Storm-Spirit? WHY YOU SUICIDE?!?!?
'He can't even drive a car!'
'Perfect!'

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: September 04, 2013, 05:54:40 am »

Me and another dude were messing around in the empty station this morning, so you guys might want to vote-restart when you all get on, because it's kinda in shambles right now.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: September 04, 2013, 06:00:21 am »

That would be me. Yeah, the station is a bit screwed up, power's out in a good deal of areas, some are in the -20/30 C range, and everything seems a bit screwed up. I made babies first LSD, 100 units of it! Then drank it all!
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: September 04, 2013, 06:56:55 am »

So, if any of you is watching /tg/'s suggestions, you know there's a proposal for Genetics overhaul, and quite a lot of sprites for it are done. If it somehow gets made (which would be pretty cool), the moment this appears, you know Genetics needs to be bombed.

It used to be human.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: September 04, 2013, 07:04:52 am »

I have a feeling I need to storm Genetics a lot more as Security if that gets included.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: September 04, 2013, 07:13:46 am »

I have a feeling I need to storm Genetics a lot more as Security if that gets included.

'DROP YOUR GENETIC MONSTROSITIES AND TURN AROUND SLOWLY!'

EDIT: oh yeah, and guns have new sounds now. That, AFAIK, includes laser guns.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 1654