Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2115316 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8400 on: August 02, 2013, 12:10:56 pm »

Doesn't the Janiborg automop by walking over things, though?

Also, are there any tiles that you need steel floor over plating to place wire over? I know you can wire over just plating, and with the metal rods and the rcd, the engiborg can make that.

The RCD takes power, which is BAD in an emergency.  Floor tiles are needed to lay plating during these repairs to get pipes and cables back online without needing a power break, ESPECIALLY on rounds with nobody willing to upgrade their battery.  As for the mop, how ELSE is a non-hacked borg supposed to trip people?  ;D

I guess you know that the answer is 'not at all'.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: August 02, 2013, 12:14:10 pm »

I know, I meant to say: you needn't only use this method for Chemistry, anything that feels too large can be Mainted. Also, is there anything interesting in Maintenance?

There's some interesting stuff hidden around, most of which I purposely kept out of the screenshots. I'll leave it up to you to find though.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: August 02, 2013, 12:14:47 pm »

Is there an Illicit Wing?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: August 02, 2013, 12:16:40 pm »

I want a hydroponic borg...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: August 02, 2013, 12:18:06 pm »

If you're going to make hydroponic borgs, I must demand Science Borgs!

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: August 02, 2013, 12:19:39 pm »

I must demand Science Borgs!

Well...borgs can permanently feed their tools into the deconstructor.  My poor wirecutters....

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: August 02, 2013, 12:20:23 pm »

Are you saying we should have robots building robots?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: August 02, 2013, 12:21:25 pm »

No, but I'd really like Xenobiology Borgs.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: August 02, 2013, 12:22:37 pm »

Again, with a bit of human help, engiborgs can build mechs. Just need a human to insert the circuit boards the borgs can order (for Ripley and Odysseus) and to add plasteel reinforcement and connect the parts. The borg can do the wiring, welding, wrenching, and screw-drivering.

Edit: Gamerlord, many borgs have fire extinguishers on them, and for non-slimes an engiborg can set up forcefields and order MORE forcefields, as well as build more walls and electrified grilles.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:24:11 pm by b_knight286 »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: August 02, 2013, 12:27:46 pm »

Borg and AI can set up the singulo without help from anyone except for the plasma tanks.
I actually did this one round togheter with my borg, and I REFUSED to let anyone else help except for the plasma tanks because Law 1.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: August 02, 2013, 12:31:15 pm »

No, but I'd really like Xenobiology Borgs.
We'd need togive the borg the grab intent to do that, though. You need to grab them into the processor, not pull.

Need to grab the monkeys too, partly for the monkey recycler and partly because xenobio without monkey cleanup is a messy xenobio.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: August 02, 2013, 12:31:33 pm »

Borg and AI can set up the singulo without help from anyone except for the plasma tanks.
I actually did this one round togheter with my borg, and I REFUSED to let anyone else help except for the plasma tanks because Law 1.

If there's no engineers I go engiborg.  Then I NORMALLY wire the solars.  If you wire them directly into the grid they will fully charge power and keep it that way unless someone sabotages them.

Edit: Isn't grabbing technically handled with that inventory item?  Could you code in a claw type item that could grab people and such?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:33:12 pm by b_knight286 »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: August 02, 2013, 12:34:32 pm »

If there's no engineers I go engiborg.  Then I NORMALLY wire the solars.  If you wire them directly into the grid they will fully charge power and keep it that way unless someone sabotages them.

Edit: Isn't grabbing technically handled with that inventory item?  Could you code in a claw type item that could grab people and such?

I'd say add a way for them to pick up items so that an engi borg can set up the singulo if Engimir/Other engineers aren't on station.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: August 02, 2013, 12:37:38 pm »

You don't have to grab them to put them in disposals/the recycler. I think that works with other intents too.
Borgs are already OP, no need to give them more features. ESPECIALLY NOT SETTING UP THE SINGULO BY THEIRSELVES.
Also, the new map =! new code.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: August 02, 2013, 12:38:36 pm »

I'd say add a way for them to pick up items so that an engi borg can set up the singulo if Engimir/Other engineers aren't on station.

Well...borg upgrades, like the VTEC go UNDERNEATH an inventory slot.  You can SEE them, faded out, as a circuit board. Could a similar upgrade be made for engiborgs that turns the slot it's under into a grabbing hand?  I cannot into coding...
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1654