Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2115313 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8385 on: August 02, 2013, 07:07:07 am »

I always wanted to put a maint tunnel inbetween there, tough, so I'll see if I can do something...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: August 02, 2013, 07:12:49 am »

I know, I meant to say: you needn't only use this method for Chemistry, anything that feels too large can be Mainted. Also, is there anything interesting in Maintenance?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: August 02, 2013, 07:34:22 am »

I've tried my best to make maint around med and sci intresting. I'll probably stick a base for the red team in lasertag in there somewhere, because I can.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: August 02, 2013, 07:42:41 am »

I've tried my best to make maint around med and sci intresting. I'll probably stick a base for the red team in lasertag in there somewhere, because I can.

Me likey. Though maybe you could take Efficency Station's Maint areas and paste them somewhere to spice it up.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: August 02, 2013, 11:30:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's something you don't see every day.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: August 02, 2013, 11:32:45 am »

How do you make your interface yellow?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: August 02, 2013, 11:37:57 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's something you don't see every day.
I got bored, alright?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: August 02, 2013, 11:45:40 am »

Why  does everyone like the yellow interface so much!?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: August 02, 2013, 11:46:54 am »

This. I prefer midnight.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: August 02, 2013, 11:54:01 am »

It's easier to read for me.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: August 02, 2013, 12:00:59 pm »

The MAIN thing I want in the new map is different colored borg sprites to choose from.  Just copy the service model code and make each choice another color or something.  Green is the best color.  Also, Engiborgs need floor tiles, and Janiborgs need buckets.  Engiborgs can only lay floors in space with a human or with their RCD.  Janiborgs CANNOT mop without a mop bucket of water, which they can't fill themselves since they lack a bucket, glass, or ANYthing.  Let me see, what else...well the service borg has to fill their shaker with a dropper.  Anyway you can make a borg version that can move more than just 5u at a time?  A syringe can work as a stopgap but then they can run around injecting people, which would be sillier than normal.  Keep them having to force-feed them the stuff.  And mediborg....is more or less good, if I recall.  Their hypospray can heal ANYthing with enough dosages, so they don't quite need other gizmos like other models do.  Basic model can sit as-is though maybe trade their analyzer for a recharging 10u inaprovaline syringe?  That would let them handle basic medical tasks as well as basic engineering and security ones, since they're supposed to be a blend of the three.  Sec models are fine though lacking in any LETHAL weapons besides stunprod, which will suicide them via lack of power, that thing is HARSH when you try to harmbaton.  This is acceptable though since they aren't actually SUPPOSED to be killbots.  Is there any model I forgot?  Just tell me and I'll try to gripe a bit about it.  These would make ALL borg players happier and/or better at their assigned roles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: August 02, 2013, 12:04:52 pm »

Doesn't the Janiborg automop by walking over things, though?

Also, are there any tiles that you need steel floor over plating to place wire over? I know you can wire over just plating, and with the metal rods and the rcd, the engiborg can make that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: August 02, 2013, 12:06:31 pm »

Also, are there any tiles that you need steel floor over plating to place wire over? I know you can wire over just plating, and with the metal rods the engiborg can make that.

Yup, he does.

Also, borgs REALLY don't need to be more useful. They are already better at everything than their human counterpart, plus don't take Toxin or Suffocation damage.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: August 02, 2013, 12:07:11 pm »

IIRC mediborgs can't perform surgery, which sucks.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: August 02, 2013, 12:08:53 pm »

Also, are there any tiles that you need steel floor over plating to place wire over? I know you can wire over just plating, and with the metal rods and the rcd, the engiborg can make that.

The RCD takes power, which is BAD in an emergency.  Floor tiles are needed to lay plating during these repairs to get pipes and cables back online without needing a power break, ESPECIALLY on rounds with nobody willing to upgrade their battery.  As for the mop, how ELSE is a non-hacked borg supposed to trip people?  ;D

Edit: GO, that was likely me, doing some parts with tools and failing causes...bad things to happen.  Like stabbing the brain with a screwdriver while peeling the skin during eye surgery. Or "Axl Blyant's genitals have been mauled with the wirecutter!"  "Engiborg: "SURGERY COMPLETE SHE IS FINE PROCEED"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:11:32 pm by b_knight286 »
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1654