Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2115439 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8370 on: August 01, 2013, 08:56:01 pm »

We need more venders and things in the dorm area, and more windows. Other than that it is beautiful. Perhaps the lethal injection area changed a bit...

Done.

Should the Bridge be exposed to space like that? If Carp come around, it won't end well.

Blast shields. I have them linked to a different switch than the doors. Although, I don't envy the Command Staff if we ever have a meteor round.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: August 01, 2013, 08:59:08 pm »

Dear lord, I just thought about that.

Well, you can always have the grill system that the solars and the singo have.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: August 01, 2013, 09:47:38 pm »

Well, that was entertaining and new info.

So, I decided to observe. Later I jumped to the north mining outpost to see what happens if fed slimes appeared there. (They get too many and try to walk out through the plastic flaps, apparently). Then a report that central had 'lost a roomful of bluespace experiments.' And the slimes got hungry just in time to have the explorers flee before they get nommed, which wasn't what I'd expected but good, since no one died as a result.

Probably not a great event to do again, but I'd say it certainly was interesting to do.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: August 01, 2013, 09:56:12 pm »

Personally I have mixed feelings about the bridge location. On one hand, it's nice having it in a place that makes sense, but on the other it is now going to be virtually impossible for anyone without command clearance to know if something untoward is happening on the bridge. In spite of the whole "the bridge is in the center of the station and yet has a window looking out onto vacuum" thing, it was great that anybody could wander by and see an antag fiddling with a bridge console or killing someone, and better yet that they couldn't do anything about it without breaking in or calling someone with command clearance. It added an element of risk to one of the most critical portions of the station. If we were more populated this would be fine, because we'd still have a full set of heads in and out periodically, but given that we normally have ~5-15 people... As it is in the new map, it looks like the bridge is going to be fairly out of the way, at least for regular personnel, and that means that we'll probably rarely (if ever) have rounds where more than 3-4 people will know something is wrong on the bridge without comms alerts. Meh, just random musings.

Question for Glloyd, or for whoever ends up doing it: Is the disposals mass driver going to have a similar setup as in tgstation? I really loved that little control room for it, both because it was a nice bit of ambiance and because it made for an excellent spot for antags (and people hiding from antags) to set up and hide stuff due to the lack of camera coverage, the low lighting, and the general isolation.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: August 01, 2013, 10:17:25 pm »

Things I've noticed:
The HoS office has a pair of pointless windows.
Prison is slightly harder to break into, due to the rearrangement of Evidence and Interrogation
The Sec Pod room is way cool.
The QM no longer has a window exposed to space! Not sure if this is good or bad, given how often the QM's office ends up exposed to space because of space dust.
Oh my god, the dorms. Sweet.
The Engineering Lockers are somewhat harder to steal now.
The Engineering vending machines appear to be missing. As do lots of the other vending machines?
You appear to have a missing pipe in Xenobiology's test chamber.
Robotics is shoet one surgery computer.
The Disposals pipe in the RD's office should not be placed as it is. That makes it impossible to get delivered crates out.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: August 01, 2013, 10:25:06 pm »

I like the new map, but some things just look needlessly large, such as sec, chem, cargo, and robotics. Otherwise looks good.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: August 01, 2013, 10:29:58 pm »

It's a change of pace, at least. I like parts of it, and don't others- breaking into the Bridge seems both easier and harder now. If you get caught, it will be by someone who has the authority to stun you and drag you off to never-never land, but it's more remote.

I've always been in the school of thought that Sec should be accessible through an annoyingly complex but totally viable maintenance shaft, and the Bridge should have at least one little hiding spot or two for adventurous thieves.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: August 01, 2013, 10:31:10 pm »

Hey Glloyd, can you install a pair of mass drivers between the mining station and the main station? It's a bitch to have to send minerals back and forth via shuttle.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: August 01, 2013, 11:15:28 pm »

Hey Glloyd, can you install a pair of mass drivers between the mining station and the main station? It's a bitch to have to send minerals back and forth via shuttle.

I wish I could, but the way space works, I can't. Space is non-linear, so there's no guarantee that it'll even go to the station Z-level.

Things I've noticed:
The HoS office has a pair of pointless windows.

Fixed. Hehe, the office used to be somewhere else, and I just moved it there but forgot to take away the windows.

The Sec Pod room is way cool.
Oh my god, the dorms. Sweet.

Thanks! I always imagined the pods dropping off the station then firing their engines. I dunno, just a personal preference. The dorms still need a bit added, but they look nice thanks to the tiles donated by Lord Slowpoke.

The Engineering vending machines appear to be missing. As do lots of the other vending machines?
You appear to have a missing pipe in Xenobiology's test chamber.
Robotics is shoet one surgery computer.
The Disposals pipe in the RD's office should not be placed as it is. That makes it impossible to get delivered crates out.

They're there. Look in the "Aftish" screenshot.
Fixed.
Fixed.
Disposals is still nowhere near completion. Thanks though.

Keep these coming. It'll be easier once we start playtesting, but if you notice anything amiss, let me know.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: August 01, 2013, 11:28:33 pm »

I wish I could, but the way space works, I can't. Space is non-linear, so there's no guarantee that it'll even go to the station Z-level.
Probably a ridiculous idea:
Can you make a mass driver that acts like the mining shuttle?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: August 01, 2013, 11:42:28 pm »

Probably a ridiculous idea:
Can you make a mass driver that acts like the mining shuttle?

You know what...

Code: [Select]
var/spawn_marauder[] = new()
for(var/obj/effect/landmark/L in landmarks_list)
if(L.name == "Marauder Entry")
spawn_marauder.Add(L)
for(var/obj/effect/landmark/L in landmarks_list)
if(L.name == "Marauder Exit")
var/obj/effect/portal/P = new(L.loc)
P.invisibility = 101//So it is not seen by anyone.
P.failchance = 0//So it has no fail chance when teleporting.
P.target = pick(spawn_marauder)//Where the marauder will arrive.
spawn_marauder.Remove(P.target)

That's part of the code that teleports the marauders after they shoot out of the mass driver in the original deathsquad. I could probably tweak it to teleport crates instead of marauders.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: August 01, 2013, 11:44:37 pm »

Do it. Also, can you make the mineral processing machinery buildable?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: August 02, 2013, 06:02:07 am »

The QM no longer has a window exposed to space! Not sure if this is good or bad, given how often the QM's office ends up exposed to space because of space dust.
Oooh, I hadn't noticed this. That's lovely:D

Seriously, it seems like the QM's office is almost always targeted by bloody everything that can smash up the station.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: August 02, 2013, 06:29:43 am »

Needlessly large chem was due to the fact that I always found a lack of storage space. That's resolved by the chem smartfridge that we'll (hopefully) have soon.
Also due to the fact that it's sandwiched inbetween genetics, the morgue and surgery.

I always wanted to put a maint tunnel inbetween there, tough, so I'll see if I can do something...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: August 02, 2013, 06:58:09 am »

If any area feels too large, you can always turn part of the space into Maint.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1654