Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117492 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #7575 on: July 09, 2013, 04:40:28 am »

Actual useful advice about this server:

We're currently running the Metastation map, not the TG map we usually do.
The regulars are very cliquish and will go on and on about their characters and ignore what non-regulars do and say. They will also gang up on you if one is accused of something and you don't have very solid proof.
One of our admins, Hans, plays a character that likes torturing people. He is a very good admin, though.
ReFox is the nice admin! But a bit boring. He responds to prayers entirely via cookies and tries not to badmin it up.
Nienhaus our third admin, despite his assertions to the contrary, is a jerk. Mostly fair with adminhelps, though.
Our fourth and final admin Glloyd is making us a new map!

Cough, cough. Uh, with asterisks...around the coughs...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: July 09, 2013, 04:45:27 am »

They will also gang up on you if one is accused of something and you don't have very solid proof.
Never seen this happen. You'll get to know the regulars soon enough if you play a bit. Most of them are pretty etablished.

The thing about Hans is right, Redfox is right too, altough he can make rounds fun sometimes too.
Glloyd generally does special, spiced-up rounds.

Also, one of the admins that almost never admins anymore is Donuts. If you see Donuts online, be careful, and remember: clowns only attack if you attack them first.

Other than that, just enjoy the game.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: July 09, 2013, 05:10:29 am »

I'm not sure how I'm a jerk... Maybe an asshole, But that's only as Kert Jonson.
I think I'm a pretty normal admin.
I don't think you're a jerk, Nien. I'll be your friend.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: July 09, 2013, 05:11:45 am »

We aren't that cliquish! I for one like new players; as long as they know how to play their roles. For instance, PLAY CYBORG BEFORE YOU PLAY AI! Also, Grek has obviously never played a low-population round with Redfox.

I'm not sure how I'm a jerk... Maybe an asshole, But that's only as Kert Jonson.
He is a jerk IC as Kert Johnson. But as an admin? Pretty alright.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: July 09, 2013, 05:17:46 am »

He is a jerk IC as Kert Johnson. But as an admin? Pretty alright.
Kert Johnson... Kert Kert Kert...

Oh, Kert! Yeah, you're a jerk Nien. :P
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: July 09, 2013, 05:35:57 am »

The regulars are very cliquish and will go on and on about their characters and ignore what non-regulars do and say. They will also gang up on you if one is accused of something and you don't have very solid proof.
Eh, only a small group of them really are. I'd say ten at most, but if they're being stupid/giving anyone bullshit for no reason you can expect most if not all of the admins to deal with it. Quite a few of the admins (At least me, and what I've heard from other admins when I'm around) DO NOT enjoy cliques. If a group of people are talking about how much they love each others characters, expect me to tell them how fucking stupid they sound. The latter I haven't seen happen often, but as stated I'd personally tell the people ganging up to knock that shit off.

I'm serious, I fucking HATE cliques. So god damn much, I've talked in admin chat multiple times about how much I hate them, and how we can't encourage them. I also hate any and all glorification of characters/players, including admins. I don't care how much you like a certain admin/player/character, most characters in this game aren't fleshed out and are simple one-dimensional personalities. You literally just pick a random personality quirk (Russian, alcoholic, crazy person, nice person, etcetera) and play that way, it's no big deal.

My admin style is one I try to impart on each admin, and every trial mod/admin. Don't fuck around, treat players neutrally regardless of what they've done, don't try forming a stupid cult of personality around yourself, and only act like a dick to bad players periodically so people can't assume you're a dick ALL of the time.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: July 09, 2013, 06:58:48 am »

The regulars are very cliquish and will go on and on about their characters (...)

Yeah, it's getting rather annoying how people keep gushing about THEIR OWN characters. I can understand when it's appreciating others, but 'GUISE MY CHAR IS AWESOME' is kinda... sad? Masturbatory? You name it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: July 09, 2013, 07:25:38 am »

The regulars are very cliquish and will go on and on about their characters (...)

Yeah, it's getting rather annoying how people keep gushing about THEIR OWN characters. I can understand when it's appreciating others, but 'GUISE MY CHAR IS AWESOME' is kinda... sad? Masturbatory? You name it.
That is very dickish. But not appreciating others.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: July 09, 2013, 08:42:38 am »

I generallt mention my character if I'm doing something different from what I normally do- "I'm playing X as this" happens from time to time.

Like when Jay was captain. Immediately hide in Library, after mouse-trapping every single door, after stockpiling enough food to last two shifts.

Hear the traps go off. Open the door, see alium. Close the door. Scream.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: July 09, 2013, 08:55:29 am »

The round where I was bartender...?
Damn, it sounds like I missed some things.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: July 09, 2013, 09:47:38 am »

You know what?

I'm just gonna post something random when the server is almost empty.

Something random such as "Cheese-its go well with empty servers."
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: July 09, 2013, 10:42:15 am »

Oh, and Mrnocamera is also 'Mrnoplayers' or 'The Seer of the Empty Server', whatever you want to call him.  :P

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: July 09, 2013, 10:45:55 am »

My internet is on the frits, hell, half the town I am in has no internet.

Fucking time warner being useless...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: July 09, 2013, 10:50:53 am »

I hopped on last night.  It was strange. 

I think I showed up at the tail end of a round. 

I spent most of the time dicking around trying to figure out how to move items around my inventory slots >_>

Then I had no idea where to go, and it was dark (for a while).  I think I accidentally walked out into space for a bit.  Then something about a ship leaving and the server restarted. 

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: July 09, 2013, 10:52:12 am »

Sounds about right.
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 1654