Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117579 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #7530 on: July 08, 2013, 12:14:25 am »

Interested.
Then I saw the rewards. In game gear? thats just mean and potentially game breaking.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: July 08, 2013, 04:32:26 am »

SS13 literally isn't difficult, it just has a weird and tedious interface that you can easily learn in one round. Like seriously, it's not hard. Even an idiot could do it.
It not that it just I don't have fun playing I guess, I like watching Let's plays of it but when I get in the game it just like "Why am I playing this again" I want to play it I just can't 
MAN UP YOU SILLY ASSISTANT AND JOIN US IN THE PITS OF BACKSTABBING AND MURDER!

E: Also, I'm not backing centration simply because I don't think it'll work.
How are you going to simulate the silly feel of SS13?
How are you going to simulate nigh-fully destructible terrain?
How are you going to simulate atmos in 3d? It looks like they actually did this. So that's nice, I guess?
Etc Etc.
I just don't think SS13 would work in 3D.
But let's move this discussion out of this thread and into one of the centration threads on this forum.

E2: Also, they don't mention SS13 in their video, but they do mention "robusting". Veeerry subtle.

E3: Oh, nevermind E2. They do mention SS13 as the primary inspiration on their kickstarter page, and a few guys have worked on SS13 too.

E4:
Current Players:
CoraiUnki
Gamerlord_357
Jacob_Lee
Miauw62
RedFox47
Total Players: 5
Little sights are as disconcerting as seeing these players togheter.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:11:07 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: July 08, 2013, 05:05:58 am »

They are not going to simulate the silly feeling of SS13. Centration is all GRIMDARK and SOUPER SIRIUS and they openly look down on the sillier elements of SS13. It's a bit of a sport on their forums, really: 'GUISE IT'S GONNA BE SO DARK AND SERIOUS AND HORROR AND ALIENS ANDANDAND DID I MENTION DARK? TOTALLY NOT LIKE SS13'.

As for destructible terrain, just like SS13. Except SS13 has 2D tiles and Centration has 3D tiles. You're not going to be able to shoot a hole in the wall, but you'll be able to shoot the wall to pieces.

And yeah, someone in the team apparently worked on SS13, but I have a creeping suspicion he worked on the old-ass, closed-source SS13 which was... far from our standards. MS Paint graphics, for once.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: July 08, 2013, 07:03:39 am »

I AM MARK MOTHERFUCKING BARNES! SOLE SURVIVOR OF THE XENOMORPH INFESTATION AND MASTER OF THE CORGI ARMY!

I wish redfox had let me pump plasma to kill the aliums :c

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: July 08, 2013, 07:04:56 am »

Plasma would had made us stronger, mate. And you got nuked.

Meanwhile, myself and Jacob(I think) spaced ourselves when CentComm informed us we were gonna die. 365 AND 965 LIVE ON.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: July 08, 2013, 07:17:53 am »

Plasma would had made us stronger, mate. And you got nuked.

Meanwhile, myself and Jacob(I think) spaced ourselves when CentComm informed us we were gonna die. 365 AND 965 LIVE ON.
When I pump plasma, it's generally burning. Aliums take double burn damage. I'm not stupid.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: July 08, 2013, 07:24:15 am »

Aliens... Take... They take... DOUBLE burn damage? DOUBLE?!

OH SWEET JESUS I LOVE YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: July 08, 2013, 07:46:09 am »

Aliens... Take... They take... DOUBLE burn damage? DOUBLE?!

OH SWEET JESUS I LOVE YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION.
Yep. Lasers, plasma fire, welders, plasma cutters... Live out a horror movie as you fight with anything fire-based you can find.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: July 08, 2013, 09:36:55 am »

Que Cynri rushing an alium with a lighter and screaming at it.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: July 08, 2013, 11:52:32 am »

You also missed me mailing corgi puppies to every single place that can be mailed.

And Redfox playing the ghostbusters theme when I got creeped the fuck out by an alium (luckily, it was handcuffed  by Beepsky) and fled trough space to atmos.

E: Oh, hey. Somebody is pulling blob out of the terrain that covers the shit modes!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 12:27:43 pm by miauw62 »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: July 08, 2013, 12:31:03 pm »

I think I kinda-sorta understand Atmos, but I think I'm doing something wrong when it comes to releasing Plasma/any other mix. I manage to fill the mix tank with the right (read: deliciously toxic) mix, and I can even release it on the station, but to do that, I need to manually increase pressure limits on each and every air alarm. What am I doing wrong?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: July 08, 2013, 12:41:09 pm »

I think I kinda-sorta understand Atmos, but I think I'm doing something wrong when it comes to releasing Plasma/any other mix. I manage to fill the mix tank with the right (read: deliciously toxic) mix, and I can even release it on the station, but to do that, I need to manually increase pressure limits on each and every air alarm. What am I doing wrong?
Nothing except the fact that you increase pressure limits instead of setting it to internal pressure checks.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: July 08, 2013, 12:44:41 pm »

Nothing except the fact that you increase pressure limits instead of setting it to internal pressure checks.

Ah, I am quite unclear on what's the difference. If I understand correctly, External only pumps if the pressure in the room is lower than the limit, then Internal pumps... when?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: July 08, 2013, 12:45:07 pm »

Internal tries to make the pressure inside the pipes and outside equal.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: July 08, 2013, 12:48:15 pm »

I can't do Atmos. Consider all tator rounds with me boring due to this.
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 1654