Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118277 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #7350 on: July 03, 2013, 03:25:40 pm »

Yeah, it is in no way practical.  I was originally hoping to end up with a higher temp for bomb making, but it seems regardless of the amount or pressure, with the optimum gas mix, you'll get a max of maybe 110,000 degrees C. 

I also found out that the process of bombmaking doesn't work quite the way I thought. When you take 50 kpa of plasma, put it in a canister of super hot co2, and open the valve, you don't get a tank of mostly co2, like you would expect.  Instead, the plasma expands rapidly, and only a little co2 ends up in the tank. You get something like 70% plasma, at about 4000 degrees C, much lower temperature than I had originally thought, considering the canister is at about 100,000 C. 

By the way, is 3,7,14 the typical bomb cap, or is that lower than usual?

One use this might have is to drop one in escape.  That'll keep most everyone out of your way if you need to hijack the shuttle, people would pretty much have to spacewalk to get into the shuttle.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:27:32 pm by Damiac »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7351 on: July 03, 2013, 03:31:04 pm »

While on the note of atmos-based bombs, I've been trying to find out a way to flood the station with plasma gas thoroughly, with a decent enough concentration of O2 in the mix as well so I can jump out of an airlock while throwing a zippo lighter into the gaseous station (hopefully still with some survivors within with a bit of consciousness; preferably sans hardsuit for anyone within), and watch the thing melt before my eyes. I just want to see the extent of the damage that could be done that way; or what the most devastating non-singularity and random event man-made method of wiping out the station would be.

I once set engineering on fire by letting the plasma out of the tank, set it on fire, and when I returned, all that was left was the wiring to the singularity connected to the still-charging SMEs (apparently the O2 containers make excellent bombs when heated enough externally). Bothered by the underwhelming devastation, I just cut all wires associated with the singularity, and hit the high road, messing around with humanoid monkeys, and other ways of screwing them up.

Turns out syringe guns full of Poly-Acid syringes isn't as fatal as I once thought. Same goes for mutagen. I might try to make plenty of hyperzine, and over-fill one, and see if they explode like a pinata filled with claymore mines.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:36:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: July 03, 2013, 04:30:14 pm »

3, 7, 14 is the default cap unless an admin changes it. I frequently hit that cap with a 66% Plasma 33% Oxygen mix (Along with using chilled oxygen which DOES help) but upon uncapping it it stays the same. The only time I got above that, was a 4, 8, 16 or so bomb that I still can't recreate to this day. Bomb making does seem to be rather random, and you can't really get super consistent results. One day I'll get a nice bomb with the normal 66/33 mix, one day I'll get a good one with a 50/50.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: July 03, 2013, 04:44:53 pm »

Using that atmospherics cheat sheet that was posted ages ago to flood the station with plasma, doesn't seem to work all that well. It only seems to flood a few areas, despite me setting the vents to maximum pressure.
Do you mean you maxed the vent's pressure with the air alarms? That doesn't change a vent's output pressure, it changes the point where the vent starts pumping out whatever's in the pipes. Setting it to zero is your best bet, because then the vents will constantly vomit whatever horrible air mix you have circulating through the station.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: July 03, 2013, 06:54:39 pm »

I've been working on the station ending atmos disaster, and it takes a lot of setup.

You have to get the distro system full of plasma, or plasma/o2 mix, you have to get the air alarms in every single area set to internal pressure check of 0, you have to give it enough time to get a decent volume of gas released, then you have to light it. Remember the fire doors are going to close the second you light it, so you'll have to light every single area seperately if you plan to do it by hand.

I've figured out a way to first spread the plasma/o2, then shoot hot gas out of the vents, igniting it everywhere at once, but it takes a lot of set up beforehand, and if someone notices what you're up to at any point, you're basically screwed.  You have to make sure you're the only one paying attention to atmos for the round.

A mix of n2o, o2, and plasma means less plasma and o2 when you go to burn it, so you'll need to let it push out the gas for that much longer. Once you light it, you'll likely open the area to space, venting your nitrous anyway.  Still, it's probably worth a try, it'd be pretty funny.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7355 on: July 03, 2013, 07:10:33 pm »

Isn't there a way to hack fire alarms to not auto-trigger? I think I remember coming across something like that. It's as simple as multi-tool and/or wirecutting. Just try not to get noticed.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: July 03, 2013, 07:25:51 pm »

Gamemode votes need a END THE FUCKING VOTE button.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: July 03, 2013, 07:58:56 pm »

I was mulling over the idea of permabans and I think I have an idea. Basically, it's a 'Trial By Fire' round.

This would only happen when someone would be permabanned. You would need a minimum of 10 people, + the bannee and an admin. The round would begin with everyone but the bannee choosing to be a wizard, a ninja or a deathsquad. The bannee has to be PunPun. After one to two hours the shuttle will be called. The objective for PunPun is to escape on the shuttle or an escape pod alive. Everyone else's goal to prevent this. If the bannee succeeds the ban is reduced to a week at most instead of permaban, otherwise full permaban is in effect. Oh, and the admin (preferable Redfox) has a 1d100 RNG and has a chart with 100 random things, including things such as spawning hundreds of slimes, bluespace artillery or randomly telling everyone where PunPun is. They roll the 1d100 every minute.

Looking back on this, I would totally play this as a normal round.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: July 03, 2013, 08:05:59 pm »

Dear lord. That sounds good.

Oh, heres an idea for the incredibly deadly rounds.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: July 03, 2013, 08:06:42 pm »

Maybe 30 minutes. Not 2 hours.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: July 03, 2013, 08:19:04 pm »

Dear lord. That sounds good.

Oh, heres an idea for the incredibly deadly rounds.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I like this idea. Would let dead players have some fun on the shuttle too.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: July 03, 2013, 08:44:11 pm »

You people are ridiculous, 5+ hour sandbox rounds? Jesus.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: July 03, 2013, 08:54:01 pm »

It would have been longer.
But some (immensely large chain of insults, etc. here) decided to start a gamemode vote.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: July 03, 2013, 09:16:21 pm »

You people are ridiculous, 5+ hour sandbox rounds? Jesus.

Indeed. I get bored of sandbox so fast. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: July 03, 2013, 09:18:05 pm »

Try building shit. Then blow it up creatively.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 1654