Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118976 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #7260 on: June 25, 2013, 07:20:14 pm »

Still need to know how to choke...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: June 25, 2013, 07:35:12 pm »

Well. That was fun. I was given a law that compelled me to help the chaplain.

He killed Poly with my help, Axl BSODed, and then the chaplain committed suicide.

DAMN YOU EMOTIONS

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: June 25, 2013, 08:37:27 pm »

I think you have to target somebody's throat (mouth) with an empty hand and harm intent.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: June 25, 2013, 08:37:56 pm »

I think you have to target somebody's throat (mouth) with an empty hand and harm intent.

Nope! Grab, spam the button.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: June 25, 2013, 08:38:03 pm »

Use the grab intent, keep clicking your target. A grey "Upgrade" box will appear in the hand that you're choking them with, click it repeatedly to upgrade your hold. Eventually it'll reach "Kill", with red lettering. Keep clicking to choke them to death (it'll flash red if you're actively choking them). It takes a while to work, and obviously won't work on someone who isn't incapacitated at the start, but once you have a chokehold it's basically impossible for the target to escape. Just keep choking until they die.

Sorry for having to go AFK in that round as tator-Captain (right after I subverted the AI, too), but the cinema ticket was calling and I can't say no to Joss Whedon.

e: Darned space ninjas.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: June 25, 2013, 08:41:46 pm »

I have never gotten the KILL box. After hitting the upgrade the box goes poof.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: June 25, 2013, 08:44:07 pm »

You need to keep spam-clicking their sprite with the grab intent; you should be able to click constantly on the upgrade box for a good long while. If you only upgrade it once or twice before the box disappears it means that you haven't clicked them nearly enough. I learned quickly after a dreadful failure as a changeling.

In other words it's exactly like all other types of robusting: click a whole lot and hope for the best.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: June 25, 2013, 08:45:00 pm »

Oh ah.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: June 25, 2013, 09:00:21 pm »

The cult of technology Aperture employees conspired against me that round. Vladmir killed Poly (finding Poly's corpse made me sad IRL, that's the fun part) with the help of the AI which made me have, as Greatorder put it, a BSOD. I destroy the arrivals tables and build Poly a coffin, then place him in my office. I start wandering around outside the station, talking over the radio about how tempting the singularity looked... In a strangely similar manner, Vladmir attacks my engineer, steals a suit, and throws himself into the field. They spend a long time trying to get him cloned and I upload a mute script and use it on the AI because it keeps insulting the crew. After Oswald blows himself up, I decide to call the shuttle. We pack up and leave the station, as normal. That was a strange, strange round.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: June 25, 2013, 09:24:18 pm »

Meanwhile, Jonathon sets up a massive chicken farm in Cargo.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: June 26, 2013, 03:29:10 am »

It began a normal shift for CMO Vladmir Dimitri. Arriving late(fashionably) he began asking around for docotoring that was needed. Sadly there was none. John Franks and Alina Koch soon disappeared and he went to investigate, only to find them having 'Sexy tea time' and missed the party. Also Vladmir got drunk off of illegal whiskey blah blah blah. When John and ALina disappeared into permabrig, he stumbled his way up there to find a pile o' gibs and Alina. There was some previous conversation about Nanotrasen and the Syndicate, but Drunkamir didn't care. He was playing a simon says game that only had one button.

After the initial panic, his Russian genes kicked in and filtered all that mind numbing alcohol into water and he regained his senses, and lo and behold, there was a Syndicate operative coming to kill them. They had a pleasant conversation inside perma before he unloaded a half clip into a window. It failed at breaking in, so he brought the next best thing. A FUCKING BOMB. THis was a dud until BOOM. After infiltraiting he killed beepsky and was firelocked in. Vladmir,being the genius he is, uses his fire axe as a crowbar to open a firelock and they approach him, hoping to catch him off guard. He fired a clip into Alina, probably hitting her Appendix as she lived from a whole clip.

Vladmir then charged him with an energy gun in hand and blasted him, hitting him in the chest, knocking him to the ground. Vlad handcuffed him and basked in his victory... until he exploded. Vladmir survived it as if by miracle and began to curse the gibs out. He also swore he heard praise from his comrades, however he was deaf at the time due to how much basking he was doing. He then gained his hearing, healed up Alina. Got a hug from her, and a winky face(:D),  they went to work. After getting Vlad a bronze heart however.

They called the shuttle and began to leave for escape. Then the strangest thing happened;A virus appeared, The shuttle recalled and a message 'I am... free' appeared. Then out of nowhere an AI(ICARUS module showed up in the Ai's core, startling the Ai and soon teleported out. It taunted our heroes before disappearing back in the upload where ALina rushed into access with an Intellicard, ready to subdue this new Ai as  it seemed to want to harm them. It began convincing Stormbreaker(THe original AI) to turn against them. It succeeded. They let Alina leave without any conditions. The 'couple'(SHUTUP CORAI) began towards escape as the shuttle was called again. They discussed the oddness of this. Alina began questioning Icarus and its motives.

Icarus explained itself and they found that ICARUS was a chaos maker(:P) and became more worried. THey retreated into the hallway after air was syphoned from Escape. THen as mysteriously as he came. ICARUS disappeared/Exploded.

With the exit of ICARUS(I am... free) the nuke was activated. Vladmir and his commander, Alina, ran for the mining shuttle. THey reached the door, but alas it was too late. The nuke went off, killing Alina, blowing her apart... however Vladmir was unlucky. His body would be cloned later, and when he learned of Alina's fate, he had an incurable depression, stopped drinking, and was soon found dead, an overdose of hyperazine had exploded his heart due to how much he had taken.

The two pics I was able to take in the downtime
Spoiler: BADASS VLAD (click to show/hide)

Also ask Jacob_Lee, Corai, or Red to know what happened in greater detail. I'm doing a summary and they do what they do.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: June 26, 2013, 03:52:14 am »

I was Stormbreaker. My role was fairly dull until ICARUS showed up. I mostly just bolted the syndicate operative in places and yelled about whatever he did ("Flashing thing detected in permabrig!" *BOOM*). Then, the operative was killed, exploded, and ICARUS shows up. It teleports into my chamber, sends out a few messages, and teleports away. Later, it appeared again and RedFox gave me an ion law: "DO NOT LET ICARUS BE SHUT DOWN." Mind you that ICARUS was a malfunctioning AI while I was still normal. He sent me a PM asking if I wanted to be malf too, but I decided to stay his watchdog skewed on keeping him alive as well as not letting the crew die.

Alina enters the upload access with an intelicard, demanding entrance. ICARUS denies her because she obviously wants to card it. I deny her because of my ion law, which I state to her when asked, and manage to convince ICARUS to spare her (Reasoning: She, nor any of the other crew, have the power to force access to the AI chamber and card ICARUS without being killed in the process).

ICARUS made sure we knew what could happen. It could either do what Tiger wanted and detonate the nuke with all of us on board, or allow us to leave. Mostly thanks to Alina, ICARUS' core spontaneously explodes as it departs to a new station to torment. Then... A Central update about the nuke being armed. I had a solid lag spike right there and I was confused as could be when all three surviving crewmen just poof off my tracking list. Apparently the mining dock exploded thanks to Red. I was the last player alive and Red detonated the nuke for real and I was killed. The round was fun, but being a human who could actually hear most of what people were saying would've been better. We need an event like this during an average-pop round. It'd make things interesting.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: June 26, 2013, 01:32:12 pm »

You need to keep spam-clicking their sprite with the grab intent; you should be able to click constantly on the upgrade box for a good long while. If you only upgrade it once or twice before the box disappears it means that you haven't clicked them nearly enough. I learned quickly after a dreadful failure as a changeling.

In other words it's exactly like all other types of robusting: click a whole lot and hope for the best.  :P

This isn't quite right. There is apparently a bug, but it's fairly easy to get around.  The trick is after you get the initial grab, spam click the hell out of the upgrade button.  If you just click it once, it goes away, and you're stuck. If you spam click it, it'll change to kill, then keep clicking that until they're gasping or dead.  Clicking their sprite is unnecessary after the initial grab, and in fact, does nothing.
Also, it seems the only way to release a grab is to throw them. Which seems to mean you can strangle them and beat them at the same time, if you're so inclined. Maybe you could even strangle two people at once.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: June 26, 2013, 01:36:07 pm »

You can also press Home to drop the grab.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: June 26, 2013, 01:45:30 pm »

This isn't quite right. There is apparently a bug, but it's fairly easy to get around.  The trick is after you get the initial grab, spam click the hell out of the upgrade button.  If you just click it once, it goes away, and you're stuck. If you spam click it, it'll change to kill, then keep clicking that until they're gasping or dead.  Clicking their sprite is unnecessary after the initial grab, and in fact, does nothing.
Also, it seems the only way to release a grab is to throw them. Which seems to mean you can strangle them and beat them at the same time, if you're so inclined. Maybe you could even strangle two people at once.

You cannot, shortly after changing hands the grab downgrades to Hands level. You CAN, however, strangle someone, then grab and throw someone else and go back to strangling, or alternate between choking two people. Grab can be released by using Drop.

Also, to choke: pick Grab intent, click someone ONCE with an empty hand, then click on the hand slot you used in the inventory (even if you don't see any icon) and keep clicking until a red flashing KILL icon shows up. Then you're choking someone.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 1654