Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119226 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #7215 on: June 23, 2013, 05:33:43 pm »

We could do what Baystation used to do. Go public every Friday night or Saturday or something, then take it back down. If they like it they can look us up and stick around, and those of us who do like cult/nuke/rev can get it. As long as it's on a schedule so people who like smaller rounds can avoid it.

This idea could work. I'd go for it.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: June 23, 2013, 05:49:33 pm »

We could do what Baystation used to do. Go public every Friday night or Saturday or something, then take it back down. If they like it they can look us up and stick around, and those of us who do like cult/nuke/rev can get it. As long as it's on a schedule so people who like smaller rounds can avoid it.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: June 23, 2013, 06:26:50 pm »

Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: June 23, 2013, 07:21:25 pm »

fucking PYRAMIDS

but yeah i support going public once in a while as long as we keep everything moderated so no glorious goonrush like i had the mixed pleasure to experience when adminning once

70 people rushing over because you're the second biggest server and toolboxing the fuck out of each other resulted in me calling in the other 3 headmins and many a ban was handed out that day

server barely handled that shit i swear

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: June 23, 2013, 08:18:01 pm »

Medbapes!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: June 23, 2013, 08:34:03 pm »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: June 23, 2013, 08:42:20 pm »

I just hope there'd be admins online. Goodness knows howmuch PMs I've sent them due to being new..

...And my first surgery. And my first time being a traitor.

Adminhelp must be outlined better.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: June 24, 2013, 12:59:51 am »

I just hope there'd be admins online. Goodness knows howmuch PMs I've sent them due to being new..

...And my first surgery. And my first time being a traitor.

Adminhelp must be outlined better.
The "pray" verb also sends a message to the admins, by the way. It's just more IC. Don't abuse the mercy of the gods, tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: June 24, 2013, 01:02:11 am »

I have subliminally trained most admins to absolutely hate anyone who uses prayer though, so be wary.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: June 24, 2013, 01:11:08 am »

Generally, when people pray for help and I'm on, they hear, You hear a voice in your head... "You're fucked bro."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: June 24, 2013, 01:37:42 am »

RedFox buries them in cookies. Or corgify/gibbing if they ask for a special role.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: June 24, 2013, 02:34:29 am »

Ask RedFox for gibbing. Nothing can go wrong!

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: June 24, 2013, 03:14:44 am »

I tell people sure you can get X then wait 5 seconds and say Oh wait no, you don't need it.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: June 24, 2013, 06:20:49 am »

Okay, the new syndicate bombs are pretty sweet. You buy them for five crystals and they're too big to fit in a backpack. They're an ominous red and black color and have a... Conspicuous in-hand sprite. You can set the timer (default is 60, minimum is 30) and drop it on the floor. If you want, you can bolt it to the floor before or after arming it. When it's armed (and bolted to the floor with a wrench) it sends out its own set of bolts which makes it impossible to pick up, unless you can disarm it.

This is where it gets fun. You can unscrew the panel on it to reveal five wires. These wires can be cut and pulsed like normal wires and they all do different things. One wire disarms it, one lifts the bolts and lets you pick it up (which seems to be the only way to remove it), and of course at least one wire makes it go boom, with the nice final message of "An alarm sounds! It's go-." Since pulsing and cutting wires does different things on most objects, it's a good idea to bring both tools as well as a bombsquad suit. I'm pretty sure all wires do something, but I didn't investigate much.

What happens if the EOD tech is a bit too slow or doesn't know what he's doing? Well...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Minibombs are pretty straightforward. They're basically super-duper high-tech spess pipebombs. For three crystals, you can have a grenade with a nice bang. Activate it as you would another grenade, throw it before five seconds are up and watch the glorious blast. Seems you can't modify the timer, though (Multitools are used to change them right?).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, crewmen of Urist McStation, I hope you all know where the bomb suits are! You're going to need them.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:24:36 am by Jacob/Lee »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: June 24, 2013, 07:15:00 am »

To edit a grenade's timer, you need to dismantle the whole grenade and mess with the timer directly. One cannot disassemble syndicate grenades from what I know, so have fun with that~ :3
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 1654